Warped Perception

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Kiara?" I tilted my head toward her slightly, hoping.

Smack!

Kiara's hand came across my cheek and the reverberations echoed throughout the basement. I'm certain her palm left an imprint across my face as if she had covered it in red paint.

"I'm sorry, Kiara." I couldn't help my tears.

Kiara stood. She raised her hand to slap me again, when her face softened and her hand fell down to her side. "I... I need to think."

"Goodbye, Kiara."

She didn't answer as she went up the stairs.

*

Work. I concentrated on work. At home, I focused on trying to get my latest invention - a stun gun designed for woman against attackers - to work. If I can't be by Kiara's side to defend her, then this will. If only I could control the output of the stun? As is, it would more likely disintegrate the part of the body it touches, but then again, that person shouldn't be attacking a woman.

Because I was out of school, at work Mr. Anderson pushed my weekly schedule from eighteen to thirty-seven hours. And I was grateful. As not only could my Mom use the extra money, but his constant harping about the most minor of details, at least was somewhat distracting. Doing menial tasks was almost therapeutic.

"Jeremiah, table six just left and I need you to clean it for another customer."

"Yes, Sir."

I arrived at table six and - was this used as a pigs trough? How many kids were eating here? Were there any adults?

"Hey Jeremiah, can you get table seventeen after that, please?" The waitress, Sharon, smiled. Somehow it always sounded better coming from someone who was polite.

"Sure."

"Thanks."

"Oh, and Sharon?"

"Yeah?"

I moved in closer so only she could hear me, "The customer at table three has been eyeballing your tip at table one."

"Thanks for looking out," Sharon smiled.

I just raised my hand in acknowledgement.

"Dar... Jeremiah?"

My body seized at the voice. The voice of an angel.

I turned slowly, unsure of what to expect. Perhaps Kiara's back to slap me again? I'm certain I deserve it. I had assumed I was never going to see her again and was poorly attempting to cope with that realization - And now, here she was standing before me displaying nearly the same meekness I was feeling.

"Hello, Kiara." It was all I could say.

"Hey," Kiara partially smiled. "How've ya been?"

Small talk. Yes, this conversation has already turned awkward. Should I respond with something like 'Nice weather we've been having, lately?' Instead, I went with, "I'm all right. Working and... working." And you?"

Kiara shrugged, "Listen, I was wondering what time you got off, because I was hoping we could talk. I could give ya a ride home, if ya want."

"I close tonight, so about eleven-thirty. If that's too late, I understand," it came out as depressed hopefulness. Depressed that she would say no because of the late hour, but hopeful she may just say yes.

"No, no... That's fine." Kiara half smiled again. "I'll be here."

*

Normally, I can immense myself in my job. Whether at work or at home, time seems to accelerate while I'm working. Keep busy, get the job done. But tonight, ever since around six-thirty, otherwise known as when Kiara showed up, time has been curious. Between moment to moment, time seemed to speed up, or was at a stand still. I washed three racks of dishes, and fifteen minutes flew by. But at one point, I bussed four tables, including a party of twelve, washed five racks of dishes and I would swear only two minutes transpired. I was all out of sorts.

"Okay, Mr. Anderson, I'm done," I waved into his office and received my typical response from him - nothing. If you don't answer him, he becomes ruthless, but its not an issue for him to ignore his employees.

I walked out the door to see Kiara waiting in her car, playing the only game system her Mom allowed her to play - her phone. That may have changed now, but who am I to know anymore?

"Hey." It was all I could think to say as I got in the passenger seat.

"Hey," Kiara responded mundanely.

We drove in silence for a couple miles before Kiara huffed, "This is fucking stupid."

"What is?"

Instead of answering me, Kiara turned hard into a strip mall, causing her tires to squeal. The parking lot was completely devoid of life, with all the stores already having closed. The tires screeched to a stop.

Kiara unbuckled her seatbelt, turned towards me, and grabbed my hand. She couldn't seem to look at me, however, instead choosing to stare at our hands. "There are things that need to be said, so here it goes. That gaming device, by the way, felt really real. That could be something. Anyway, before I had the microchip, I was on edge. Lonely. I heard every word everyone said about me at school, and it wasn't good. It affected me, ya know. While I had the chip in me, I felt like a totally different person. I had purpose. I mean, that purpose was you, but it was a purpose. It brought out a confidence in me that never existed. Now without the chip, I'm just lost. I have all these memories that I look back on fondly... and I miss that."

"Kiara," My face softened and liquid was beginning to form in my eyes as I watched her tears sliding down her cheeks.

"No, just wait," Kiara sniffled. "I never would have had sex like that. Not after just meeting you, not so soon. I didn't believe I was ready. The program made me want it and only want it with you. That's why I slapped you. I didn't feel like I gave away my virginity, but it was taken. But the same could probably be said for you to that first time, though. I'm sorry. You didn't deserve that slap. I'm the one who used your gaming system without asking and took it off hysterically. It was my fault."

I tightened my grip of her hand. I wanted to let her know I'm here to listen to all she needs to say, no matter what, and if this leads us to being apart after this, so be it. I'm here now. "No, it's my fault. I never should have developed that infernal..."

"Will you fucking stop interrupting me," Kiara laughed as she wiped away her tears.

"Sorry," I smiled back, the tenseness of the mood now broken.

"Anyways," Kiara smiled as she emphasized the word before she stared at me like we used to, without a hint of the meekness she was portraying before. "In this time apart, I realized that you could have just used me as a super sex slut object, and it would have been fulfilling to the chip, and me, at that time. I would have been perfectly happy with that. But you didn't. You were determined to eliminate the effects of the chip. You spent money on me. You stood up to that Asshole for me. You happily engrossed yourself into my hobbies. You cared for me." She then paused, as if saying the next words were the most important of all. "You loved me."

I smiled, my heart on my sleeve. "I still love you. Always."

"And I love you."

Kiara slid over the center console and straddled me. She pressed her lips to mine, and it felt like home. There was no urgency. We had been apart for far too long; we both were savoring this moment. Simultaneously, our lips parted. We were already back on our rhythm, and I must say, though the chip was deactivated, her skills remained. It didn't matter to me in the slightest because I had Kiara back. We were both in each others arms, right where we belonged.

"I missed you terribly, Baby." I couldn't help the small smile as I called her by the pet name I chose for her. Something I was not going to call her while she was under the influence of the microchip.

Kiara leaned back, her smile larger than the strip mall that laid before us. "I love it - Dar-ling." She mocked the way she said her pet name for me, but we both knew I will always and forever be her Darling. "Why don't we both get back our first times, shall we?" Her hands went down to my jeans.

"Are you sure?" I raised my eyebrows, waiting for clarity.

Kiara looked at me as if I actually did grow a hump on my back. "Do I regret how my first time was? Yes. But do I regret the all the other times you had me writhing in pleasure? Hell, no. Now take off your seatbelt so we can do this the right way."

"Having sex in a car is the right way?" I unbuckled my seatbelt.

"Probably not, but it's the best we've got," Kiara giggled.

Glad to see we were on the same page. It took quite a bit of maneuvering, but we had somewhat successfully relieved ourselves of our pants. Or, at least, enough of them as mine were just below my knees while Kiara had one pant leg off and the other around her ankle.

Kiara positioned herself above me, and I already felt the wetness on the tip. "That didn't take long."

"Ya do that to me."

Not sure if that reaction was normal from her body or one that had become normal over the course of the constant stimulus the microchip had provided. Regardless, when Kiara lowered herself down upon me, I did what I always did with her. What was I thinking about?

"As much as I missed ya, I did miss this, too." Kiara kissed me, before leaning into my ear. "Now make me your woman for real."

I obliged by giving a thrust.

"Ooh. That felt good," Kiara smiled.

Kiara began a slow rocking of her hips while I continued my slight penetrations. It was pretty much all we could do in the confines we were experiencing - But it was also like something we didn't experience before. It wasn't aggressive. It was slow. And it was so much more.

Our eyes never left each other. I gazed into the abyss and into the depths of Kiara's soul and she was doing the same. I had never seen nor am I able to explain what was occurring except that we were connecting on a deeper plane of existence. It was surreal. It was glorious.

"I love you, Darling."

"I love you, Baby."

I needed more. I needed Kiara closer. I needed Kiara to feel what I was feeling. I wrapped my arms around the love of my life and sealed our reclamation with a soul searing kiss.

We rocked passionately in the seat. It was magical. It was uniting. It was about to end... but it was only the beginning.

"Kiara," I moaned as I broke our kiss only to see her face, lost in the same ecstasy, her mouth taking on a permanent 'O' form.

The walls of her canal tightened and gripped my erection like never before with a wave of bliss falling down upon it like Niagara Falls. I was no better as I released a flood of my essence into her.

"Wow," Kiara leaned in to sweetly kiss me. With a sweaty face and matted hair, Kiara was still beautiful. "That was..."

"Perfect." I finished for her.

"Yes it was."

Or not. Well, the act was. The climax, definitely. The conclusion could have been scripted better.

There was a hard rapping that was coming from the foggy window. We couldn't really see, but the flashes of red and blue lights we saw, well, we felt those were some kind of an indicator.

"I need you to roll down the window please."

Kiara hit the button down to crack the window a little. The officer was an older man. He had grey hair that was hinting at balding before going under his cap. He was holding his nightstick, which he apparently was using to knock on our window.

"Yes officer?" I asked, still holding Kiara.

The officer chuckled, "So, what are you two doing?"

"Um..." Kiara and I both replied at the same time.

"You two may not be aware, but there is a law against this sort of behavior in public."

"Uh, sorry." We both said it at the same time again, which caused us both to snicker together.

"All right, out of the car."

Apparently, with us chortling and giggling in front of the officer, we were exhibiting drunk behavior.

Apparently, Officer Fetters really doesn't like being laughed at.

Apparently, if you upset Officer Fetters, he sends you to jail.

Without passing Go or collecting your two-hundred dollars.

I never thought I would have to call my Mother to tell her I was arrested.

*

"Let's go young lady," Charlene and Robert had arrived shortly.

"I love you.," Kiara kissed me briefly, "See you when I can."

Kiara left the holding cell, her head downtrodden as she walked passed her parents.

"I trusted you with my daughter, and this is what I get? She has a criminal record now!" Robert turned on his heels and began walking away with Charlene right next to her.

"I still love her!" I shouted back at them. "I'm sorry about this!"

My eyes fell upon my Mom. Her demeanor was unlike I had ever seen before. She was always happy, despite our finances, just finding the best in life. Tonight... err this morning, since it is one in the morning, I assumed it was going to change to one of fire and brimstone, at least that is what I anticipated. But no, her look was of sadness. Like for the first time, she was ashamed of herself. It scared me.

"Hi, Mom." I left it at that, wanting to judge what she was going to say.

"I'm glad to see the two of you are back together again."

"I'm happy about it as well, wait," I eyed my Mom carefully. "How did you know we were apart?"

"A mother knows." Mom weakly smiled. "I knew she was trying to impress you that day and I knew you'd be to blind to see it. You always did concentrate to much on whatever work you were enveloped in. I know I went too far with how I dolled her up that day, but she had eyes for you and in the end I was happy you two got together. I'm not surprised that it ended like this, I mean I was young once as well, but I knew you'd be smart about it. Never did I think you'd be arrested. Not a call a Mother wants to get. But I can't be too mad about the charge because I know you'll learn your lesson."

I was stunned at the leniency, but grateful. "I indeed have. I promise, you will never get a call from me being in jail again."

"Yes. I know." Mom stated sorrowfully. "Jeremiah, I won't have the money to get you out of here until Friday. This Officer Fetters person knows some people and is delaying your appearance to the court to teach you "young'uns" a lesson. I probably would have been mad at you, but..."

Friday. Friday was three days from now. "Oh," I gulped. Not that I could be mad as I didn't have the money either. In my house, money doesn't grow on trees. Or at any house for that matter. We live paycheck to paycheck and that last paycheck was spent on groceries a week and a half ago.

"I'm sorry, Dear."

Mom was about to cry. "Mom, this isn't your fault. It is mine. I did the crime, I have to do the time. I know what our financials are, and until those increased hours appear on my paycheck, I know things are tight. Just do me a favor, call Ted, his number is in my phone. Tell him I need to cash in on that favor he owes me and have him cover for me Thursday. I'm off tomorrow, so as long as I can get out by three-thirty on Friday, I'll still have my job."

Mom smiled, "You make me proud at the man you are becoming."

"It's all because of the great parenting I was given."

Mom was taken aback before she smiled. "I'll check in with you everyday before work. Stay safe."

"I love you, Mom."

"I love you, too."

*

The night was long. It was eerily quiet until some random noise echoed in the cell from some random criminal. From a sneeze, to a cough, to a... wow, that was the loudest fart. Ever. And the smelliest too. Is it too much to ask for an oxygen mask?

The night, however, was nothing compared to the brutality of the day. The food- What food? - I keep trying to reassure myself that if there was food, it would be reminiscent of Archie's Diner. The worst part, was that time ticked by at the pace of a broken clock. All you could do is nap. My only reprieve was when my Mom was allowed a whopping five minutes of visitation.

And then came the night again.

I cannot fathom why anyone would turn to a life of crime. Though I was in a room of people, the solitary was maddening.

*

"Willingham, you have a visitor!"

Eight in the morning... Exactly. I had just been able to fall asleep an hour ago because some junkie kept screaming as his body was suffering from detox. I would have been upset except that I wasn't at home, but in a police holding cell. I could use the change of scenery, even if it will only be for five minutes.

I should have suspected something when I was called for visitation at eight in the morning. Working the evening shift as she did, my Mom was not a morning person. Even in the event she just missed me and needed to see as soon as possible, I should have been alerted something wasn't right when we passed the place where the little phones we got to talk through yesterday were located. No, I wasn't clued in until I arrived at the desk of Sergeant Hopkins.

There were three men huddled around the desk. The man in uniform, which I assumed was Sergeant Hopkins, but the tall robust man, who somehow looked vaguely familiar, and the thin short man, who just knelt down to write something on a sheet of paper was anybody's guess. My Mom stood behind both of them, more because of lack of space, with an expression of shock and amazement.

The officer who had led me to this destination, turned and left, leaving me the option to attempt a prison break, and if I had an ounce of athletic ability, I would have considered it. "Mom?" I spoke, and when I wasn't stopped, I moved by her side. "What's going on?"

"Ha, ha! There he is. Jeremiah Willingham, I presume!" The robust man had a booming voice and if I were in the market for a washer and dryer, I would have bought them from the man.

"Yes," I eyed him suspiciously.

"You, my friend, are a very hard kid to track down." The man extended his hand, "My name is Pierce Hamlin and I..."

"Pierce Hamlin?" I interrupted. "The president and chief executive officer of Electronic Digital Gaming and Entertainment or E.D.G.E. for short?" I knew he looked familiar. I've seen him before on television, magazines, and, well, every media outlet in existence.

"Bright young Kid," Pierce Hamlin laughed.

I now knew why my Mom appeared the way she did. It's not everyday you meet a man who runs a multi-billion dollar company and is worth more than can be dreamed.

"I knew we made the right choice in bringing in the Kid."

Who was also interested in... me?

Pierce Hamlin was sporting a playful grin, watching me digest what he said.

"You want me?"

"Of course!" He chuckled again. "Kid, I want you and Poindexter here to head up our virtual reality gaming division."

"Um, you don't have a virtual reality gaming division." This, I was certain of as I did my research as to who was trying to develop the market for virtual reality when I invented my device. E.D.G.E was not on that list.

Pierce Hamlin put his arm around my shoulders. "Not without you, we don't."

"Are you serious?"

"You'll get a six figure salary, full benefits, a car, a ten thousand dollar signing bonus," after each bribe, I saw Poindexter add to a lengthy sheet of paper, "a house, a house for your Mother, uh, come on Kid, Congressmen don't even need this much buttering up."

It was all so sudden, and overwhelming, I'm afraid I wasn't very eloquent in my response, "Uh, yeah."

Pierce Hamlin shook my hand before looking at his watch. "Since that is now done, I have a plane to catch." He was quick to exit the police station.

"Hi, my name's David Sewell, actually." David's voice was kind of squeaky with a deep nasal quality. He reached over the place vacated by his boss. "Mr. Hamlin gives everyone nicknames; don't let it bother you. Now if you'd sign here and initial next to the hand written additions as well."

I quickly read the document - my contract - for the life of the profitability of my virtual reality device and any additional installments or other inventions that prove profitable to Electronic Digital Gaming and Entertainment. There was also a clause that stated that Mr. Pierce Hamlin has the right to call you by the nickname of his designation as long as it does not come across a belittling, harassing, or racist.