When You're Near Me

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Realizing that her friend might be feeling some ambivalence about their rendezvous, Jessie assured Ashley. "I'll be on my best behavior."

"I'm not worried about that... I..." Ashley let her heart lead. "I'll be there."

Chapter Seventeen

Shortly before noon, Jessie zoomed up in her sporty two-seater and jumped out of her car. She raced up the sidewalk to Ashley's front door only to be met by a barking Makayla. "Hey." The blonde pet her good friend. "You guys ready?"

"What are you doing here?" Ashley was surprised to see Jessie. "I thought I was driving out to your place."

Jessie shrugged, wearing a huge smile on her face. "Couldn't wait. Thought I'd come and get you two."

"Oh!" A bit suspicious Ashley collected her curious thoughts before announcing. "We're ready then."

On the way to Jessie's place in the country, the brunette sat sideways in the vehicle trying to figure out what was going on with the older woman. "You look like you've never been happier."

Jessie flashed her friend a sexy smile and threw in a wink for good measure. "The happiest."

Uh huh! Ashley held on to Makayla, petting her, in order to feel grounded against the impeding surprise she just knew Jessie was going to hit her with. The bit of excitement the brunette felt crashed against an undercurrent of nervousness. Ashley twisted around in her seat, but not before casting Jessie one final look as the blonde turned down her long driveway. The younger woman trusted Jessie that was never in doubt. It was just that Ashley didn't always fare well when it came to surprises. She needed time to process things and had yet done that with all that was happening in her budding relationship with Jessie and her impeding expansion of her business. She sucked in a calming breath and decided to let nature take its course. "I hope you're not expecting me to fix us stuff to eat."

Jessie grinned.

************************

Ashley grinned when she saw the array of foods Jessie was retrieving from the picnic basket. "You got one of everything in there?" The brunette reached for some grapes.

"Hey!" Jessie swatted at the intruding hand. "Makayla?" The blonde searched for the wayward dog. "Where'd she go?"

Ashley shrugged. "I dunno. You tossed her that doggie treat and off she went with it."

Kneeling, Jessie sat back on her legs and cocked her hands on her hips. "Just like you. Where is she when there's work to be done?"

"Hey!" Ashley leaned over and lightly slapped the blonde on the thigh.

Jessie pointed a firm finger at the brunette. "You know, we gotta talk about you being so physical."

The brunette squinted her eyes, giving Jessie a warning look. Suddenly, she flung herself at the older woman. "I'll show you."

Jessie landed on her back with Ashley on top. They wrestled around on the ground, laughing, and each taking turns giving the other a few assaults of tickling. The blonde grabbed at Ashley's hips, trying to buck her off. However, the brunette was having none of it.

Ashley settled on top of Jessie, straddling her. "I've got you now." She let out a teasingly wicked laugh.

When their eyes locked, a smiling Jessie admitted. "Yes, you do."

A wave of emotions washed over Ashley upon hearing the sincerity in those words. Time stopped as the brunette looked deeply into loving blue eyes and she realized the gravity of that moment. Unconsciously, Ashley drew in several deep breaths.

What might have happened in that next moment was interrupted by an energetic dog that didn't want to be left out of the fun. Makayla tried to wiggle her way between the two women, licking both of them.

Ashley slid off of Jessie then the blonde sat up.

Jessie cautiously glanced at the friend, trying to gauge what Ashley was thinking. She had planned this differently, not wanting to rush her friend when declaring her feelings. The blonde took a long moment to attend to Makayla. "I thought you were to stand guard against the ants. Huh?" Jessie stared into the dog's eyes that held a playful spark. "Okay, you're off guard duty. Go on, have some fun."

Ashley settled back, watching her friend carefully as Jessie went about laying out the food. "Thank you."

Jessie looked up. "For what?"

The shy brunette shrugged. "For everything." She spread her arms wide and said. "For this... everything."

"You're quite welcome." Jessie poured Ashley a drink of pink lemonade. "Here."

The brunette took the drink and sipped it. "Thanks."

Jessie sat back and relaxed with her own cool drink as they both took a few moments to look out over the lake and admire the beautiful setting. "You like it here?"

"Hmm... yes. It's quiet and I love the water." A speeding motorboat momentarily disturbed her peace. "You like to go boating?"

"Yeah, been thinking about buying one." Jessie smiled. "Then I'd need to get a dock and..." She turned to look at Ashley. "Would you go boating with me if I got one? Oh, what about a jet ski? You'd like that better?"

Ashley sensed her friend's excitement and laughed. "Like I said I love the water. So boat, jet ski either one would suit me."

Jessie couldn't take her eyes off of Ashley. "I know."

"You should get what you want though." The brunette shyly looked up at the blonde. She caught Jessie gazing at her with such warm and caring eyes that the brunette felt a bolt of pulsating electricity shoot straight through her. She gulped, trying to steady her composure. "Well? You gonna feed me."

Knocking Jessie out of her lust-filled musings, the blonde practically jumped up. "Sure."

As they leisurely ate their food, Ashley filled Jessie in on her conversation with Breanne.

"What are you going to do now?"

"It's up to her really. She's gonna have to decide what kind of friend she wants to be. I don't care anymore." Ashley pretended to foreign indifference.

"I think you do." Jessie said quietly.

Ashley watched the few boats on the lake twist and turn around in the water as they tried to catch their own wakes. "Maybe." She was unwilling to admit how much she did care and how hurt she would be if Breanne just gave up on their friendship.

Jessie determined to get the brunette's mind on other matters. "I forgot to tell you, but we won't be having our last scheduled game this Thursday."

"Really. Why?"

"We've already got our place in the championship locked up. Although we were hoping to get in another game or maybe even a practice before the big game Saturday." Jessie looked anxiously at the younger woman. "You're coming, right?"

"Of course I am silly." Ashley started to lightly slap the blonde's arm yet restrained herself at the last moment deciding to rest her hand on Jessie's shoulder for a brief second. "I wouldn't miss it."


"Good." That seemed to relax Jessie. "I'm working Thursday night at Belle's. Can you stop by?"

"Yes." The brunette looked forward to another evening with Jessie at the bar and secretly hoped they would dance together again. She memorized the number on the play list of their favorite song.

Jessie smiled then nudged the quiet woman sitting next to her. They shared the last of their food in silence, content to watch the antics of Makayla and the few speeding boats out on the water. It was a relatively secluded cove that offered the couple a private setting for what was turning out to be a very enjoyable afternoon in each other's company.

"So, you wanna go for a swim?" Jessie asked her friend.

Ashley crunched her eyebrows together. "I didn't bring a swim suit. Neither one of us did for that matter."

Jessie waggled her eyebrows together. "And that's stopping us because...."

Slitting her eyes, Ashley shot her playful friend a challenging look. "As if you are really going to go skinny dipping."

Jessie scooted closer as if to show Ashley she was serious. "I will if you will."

"Uh huh." Ashley cocked an eyebrow, staring directly into Jessie's eyes.

The blonde scooted even closer as if to dare the brunette. "Well?"

"Well what?" Ashley's body felt energized with the blonde's nearness.

"What's it gonna be?" Jessie's head tilted slightly to the right.

Shyly, Ashley's dropped her eyelids before slowly bringing them back up to meet the intensive gaze of the blonde. "I dunno."

When the brunette unconsciously wet her lips, Jessie sucked in a startled breath. The magnetic pull of the delicious rosy colored lips called to her, begging to be kissed. Jessie's eyes zeroed in, locking in place and she knew that if she didn't kiss those lips, she would die right then and there. A lone finger reached up and barely brushed against Ashley's cheek. It traveled downward over the smooth plain of the brunette's skin.

With her emotions running on high alert, Ashley leaned closer, falling easily into the blonde's touch. She basked in the loving stroke of Jessie's finger, caressing her. They were only mere inches away from each other, but Ashley needed to be even closer.

For the life of Jessie, she didn't know how the brunette could affect her so much. She found herself doing things ever since she had met Ashley that she vowed would never happen again. Jessie was scared, excited, nervous and completely under the spell of the woman who found the key and opened her heart. The blonde's fingers slid further down along Ashley's jaw line and cupped her chin. Pulling her eyes away temporarily from the brunette's irresistible lips, Jessie whispered. "May I kiss you?"

As if an undeniable force propelled her, Ashley inched closer with desire in her eyes. And by way of answering that compelling question, Ashley leaned forward until their lips met. A sonic boom of energy crashed at the tender touch of lips, melting into each other. The kiss was sweet, tender, warm and all consuming yet sizzled. The soft lips of each woman molded together wetting a spark of fire that flamed out of control.

Jessie's tongue traced the outer edges of Ashley's soft lips and the brunette invited the blonde in with a low, languid moan. As their tongues embraced, brushing seductively over and around each other, Ashley wrapped her arms around the blonde. Jessie was pulled down over the brunette and their bodies instinctively molded together.

In between heated kisses, Jessie moaned. But her mouth only moved away to catch a quick breath before she dove back into the purest pleasure kissing had ever tasted upon her hungry lips. "Ashley?"

The brunette refused to answer as she had other plans for her mouth. Again, Ashley reached up, pulling the blonde's mouth down against her own. They engaged in a sweet, methodic and desperate exploration that only could be appreciated as lips touched, pouring themselves into that first kiss. One kiss led to another and another and their bodies were quickly heating up. Both women were lost in the delicious sensations that had overwhelmed them. Hands moved freely over super sensitive body slopes and curves, bringing with it a flurry of riptides that roused the deep longing and wanting inside both women.

Jessie slid her knee in between Ashley's legs. The brunette welcomed the familiar touch of the woman whose very nearness brought her to the pinnacle of cascading emotions waterfalling over raging desires, causing Ashley to forget everything.

Heaving and panting, Ashley pulled back when she heard the speeding motorboat sail by. Her lips broke contact and she pushed herself up, realizing that the boaters could have easily seen them.

"Ashley?" Jessie searched the frightened green eyes of her friend. "What is it?"

"I..." Shaking her head, Ashley buried her head in Jessie's shoulder.

Jessie heard several voices that echoed across the lake as the boat passed by. She shielded the brunette from the onlookers. It was then that the blonde remembered Ashley's concern about public displays of affection. She silently prayed that the brunette was not upset about what just happened between them. After the boat disappeared off the horizon, Jessie carefully inched the brunette back and ducked her head to look directly into Ashley's eyes. "You okay?"

Nodding, the younger woman refused to meet Jessie's eyes. "Yes."

"Come on. Let's pack up our stuff and go back to the house." Jessie stood, pulling Ashley up with her. They called for Makayla and quickly packed up their belongings. Jessie led Ashley by the hand back to her home.

*************************

It was a quiet ride to Ashley's apartment. They both had to work in the morning. Both women were not only emotionally charged; they were desperately wondering what the other one was thinking. However, being unsure of what the other one was feeling, Ashley and Jessie allowed the silence between them to soothe their spiraling emotions, giving them time to take stock of the situation.

Jessie walked Ashley to the door and opened it for Makayla to bounce pass them. The blonde stood at the doorway, waiting for some sign from Ashley. The brunette timidly turned and met the soft, caring eyes of the older woman.

Jessie saw love in the darken green eyes of the brunette and decided then and there to pin all of her hopes and dreams on what she prayed would be returned. "Ashley?" The blonde slid her hand up and down Ashley's left arm, bringing with it tingling sensations.

"Yes." Overwrought with emotions, the brunette inched closer to steady herself.

Jessie moved her left hand on Ashley's hip, pulling her closer as she whispered in the brunette's ear. "I don't wanna have to let you go."

Ashley placed her hands on the blonde's arms, falling against the slightly taller woman and whispered. "I don't wanna let you go either."

"When you're near me..." Jessie slipped her hand around Ashley's waist. "My hands, my thoughts...I can't seem to help myself."

Both women's chests rose and fell in tandem, squeezed closely up against each other.

Jessie's lips brushed against the brunette's hair. "It's been so long since I've touched...since I've wanted..." The blonde's lips were trembling as she declared her feelings. "I've fallen completely under your spell... so much so that... my heart opened."

Ashley's eyes fell shut upon hearing those words and her own heart burst wide open. The younger woman reached up, wrapping her hands over the outer edge of Jessie's shoulders.

The blonde pulled back slightly since she could no longer deny herself the pleasure of Ashley's beautiful face. "I thought about what to say, where to begin... it's a familiar desire but more, much more with you. It's beyond me. Ashley, I've only opened my heart twice..."

Even though the younger woman didn't know what she should say, Ashley opened her mouth to speak.

A lone finger was placed gently over the brunette's lips. Jessie opened her heart to the woman embraced in her arms and declared. "But...I've only opened my soul to one person and I'm offering to share it with you."

Tears welled up in Ashley's eyes at the blonde's admission. She knew Jessie had vowed never to love again and now here before her the blonde was offering herself completely to the brunette.

Jessie realized how overwhelming this day had been for both of them. She leaned in and gently kissed Ashley. Holding the woman she loved tightly, Jessie drew in a deep breath. "It's okay. I know this has been a lot for you... both of us really."

Ashley nodded against Jessie. Ever since the brunette met Jessie she secretly desired to be with the blonde, thinking that one day they would be girlfriends. Yet now, with Jessie's declaration of love, Ashley was overcome with emotion and wanted to carefully choose her words. However, as usual, she needed time to process the events of the day and remained quiet.

Jessie slid back slightly so she could look at Ashley. "Maybe we should..." Suddenly, Jessie realized she hadn't said the words she planned all day long to speak. "Ashley, I love you with all my heart and soul." More tears seeped to the brunette's eyes and Jessie embraced her once again. "Why don't you get some sleep? Okay?"

Ashley nodded.

"I'll call you in the morning." Sliding her hands up along Ashley's upper arms, Jessie held the brunette steady. All Jessie could do for the longest moment was smile. Her heart filled with so much love for the woman standing before her she was about to explode. With one final sweet and tender kiss that was as soft as a baby's breath, Jessie sent Ashley off to bed and made her way home.

Chapter Eighteen

After a restless night, Ashley submerged herself in work all day. She even called several clients and offered a special discount if they could come in that day or the next. Her mind was swirling with Jessie's declaration of love and while her heart soared upon hearing those words, her thoughts were spinning out of control.

When the last client left, she plopped down in her office chair and stared at the telephone. Jessie had called twice that day and she kept the conversation short stating that she was extremely busy. When the blonde asked again if Ashley would be stopping by Belle's later that evening, the brunette was non-committal.

Seeing that the brunette was upset, Makayla rested her chin on Ashley's leg and whimpered.

"Hey. You hungry?"

Sad eyes stared at Ashley as if she sensed the brunette's dilemma.

Ashley leaned down and gave her dog a good rub and hugged Makayla. "I love you. You know that."

That brought an enthusiastic bark from the black Lab.

Ashley sighed as she continued to pet her dog. "I don't know what to do. I know Jessie wants me to stop by tonight but..."

Makayla sat on her hind legs, showing great interest in Ashley's words.

"You know, she told me she loved me." When Makayla didn't respond, Ashley frowned. "You know what that means, don't you? She's very open about being gay and...well, what if she wants to kiss me?"

Makayla cocked her head and stared questioningly at the brunette.

"Oh, don't look at me that way. I'm talking about in public. She would be way okay with that you know."

The Lab had this look on her face that said something like 'I do lots of things in public. It's natural'.

As if reading her dog's mind, Ashley rolled her eyes. "I know it's a natural thing to kiss her or hold her hand." The brunette leaned back, remembering the delicious kiss. "God, I love kissing her." She was lost in a daze for a moment before reality set back in. "It's just that with everyone watching. I don't wanna put on a show you know."

Again, Makayla offered a lackadaisical response to Ashley's concern.

"Oh, what do you know?" Ashley pushed herself up out of her chair. "Come on." She knew she was putting off making a decision about going to the bar as she busied herself with various small projects around the house.

***********************

Jessie was finding it hard to be patient and every time a customer demanded her attention she was ready to bite their head off but put on a tight grin instead.

"What's wrong with you?" Krista nudged her friend.

"Nothing."

"Yeah, sure." The ash blonde glanced around the bar before returning her attention to Jessie. "We really should have practiced today."

Grinding the rag against the bar top, Jessie growled. "It wasn't my fault."

"Hey. I didn't say it was." Krista slammed a hand over Jessie's. "You gonna talk to me or what?"

"It's nothing." But Jessie knew her friend wasn't going to give up until she told her something. "I was hoping Ashley would stop by tonight."

"Maybe she got hung up. She'll be here."

Shaking her head, Jessie had her doubts. "I don't know about that." The blonde let out a heavy sigh. "I think I screwed up."

"What do you mean?"

Leaning forward so others couldn't hear them at the bar, Jessie whispered. "I told Ashley that... well, that I love her."

"You did what?" Krista nearly shouted until a hand clapped over her mouth. The ash blonde grabbed her friend and spun her around till they were near the office door. "In here." She pushed Jessie inside. "Now, tell me everything."

1...1718192021...23