Against All Odds

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"How far along are you? Do you want to keep it?"

"Three months. My best guess is that it happened the day we visited your parents, but we had so much sex during the next couple of days, it's impossible to be sure. And yes. I want to keep it. Our baby."

Her insistence that I was the father was affirming. I had sorted through my thoughts.

"I have a few things to say. Please don't interrupt me."

Betta nodded, not saying anything.

"First of all, and most important, I'm happy for you. You've always wanted a child and now you'll have one. Therefore, congratulations!"

She looked at me with love in her eyes and I could almost physically feel her embracing me but she didn't say anything.

"Next, if it's not mine," I looked closely at her to detect even the smallest reaction, "you're not moving back here after the delivery."

She looked totally unfazed by that threat. I wasn't the most competent in reading people but in her mind, there seemed to be no doubt that I was the father. I reached into my pocket and pulled out the ring.

"I bought this a few weeks ago. Today, I wanted to ask you to marry me."

She squealed but tried her best not to interrupt me.

"If it really is my baby, or maybe I should say our baby..."

I let those words hang in the air because I didn't know how to finish the sentence. A conditional marriage proposal? Not the best way to start off what was supposed to be a loving and trusting lifelong commitment.

Betta realised that I was finished, came over to where I was sitting and straddled my lap.

"Yes, George. Yes, I will marry you."

She confirmed her reply to my unspoken proposal with a deep kiss. Again, she expressed convincingly that she had no doubts whatsoever about the fatherhood.

"I'll speak with my doctor about paternity tests. I know there are prenatal options, but as far as I know, they are not without risk for the baby."

Somehow, I knew what the outcome of these tests would be. Most of that knowledge probably came from the certainty which Betta exuded. If there was even the slightest doubt in her mind, she wouldn't be so composed, especially after I had told her that I was sterile.

"I understand you have doubts, but I don't and under no circumstances will I risk the baby. I love you so much, I'd never cheat on you."

I wanted to reply that I also loved her but that seemed wrong. How could I say I love her if I had effectively just decided not to propose to her?

+

The next couple of days were busy. Betta made an appointment with her gyn while I went to see my doctor and delivered a sample of my ejaculate. As it turned out, it was full of very active little swimmers. He suddenly became very nervous and pointed out repeatedly that he had warned me that this could happen. Despite my confirmation that it was alright and I remembered that, he sent one of his assistants to get a copy of the contract I had signed before the procedure. I told him not to bother. I was smiling on my way home.

One of the great questions had been answered and the answer confirmed that I might well be the father. With this new piece of information, I reassessed the whole situation. Without the pregnancy, I would never have thought that Betta cheated on me, so what did the pregnancy change? Nothing. However unlikely it was that she could become pregnant, it didn't matter. It was just that neither she nor I had ever bothered to think about contraception. Why should we have?

I arrived home with a new determination. Before going to the doctor, I had made sure that I had the ring with me and as I entered the house, after being tumultuously welcomed by Blaze and Xena, I called for my girlfriend. I tried to set up a serious expression.

"Yes, love?" she asked, coming out of the kitchen, dressed in an intriguing summer dress, looking delectable as ever.

"I was at the doctor today and he checked my sperm count."

I did all I could to make her nervous, but she was calm as a cucumber.

"That was a total waste of time and money. The fatherhood test will show the truth. I never cheated on you. It's impossible that you're not the father."

"Well, I..." I hesitated a little and decided to be a bit crude; sometimes, that turned her on, "jacked off into a vial and had it examined. The result is so clear that there'll be no fatherhood test."

Finally, for the first time since she had announced her pregnancy, I could see confusion on her face and tears were forming in her eyes.

"But you are the father. I swear. Please! You must believe me!"

"The test showed that at least one of my ducts has reconnected and I'm fully able to impregnate a woman. If I had known that when you told me of your pregnancy, I would never have doubted that I'm the father. I love you and I trust you. This baby you're carrying is ours. There's no doubt in my mind and there's no need for any test to be performed."

It took my girlfriend a few moments to process what I had said. Her facial expression changed from afraid to confused, on to happy. Then she burst into action. She covered my face with kisses before she claimed my lips and pushed her tongue into my mouth. It didn't take long until she had removed my pants and tried her best to milk every last drop of cum out of my cock with her pussy.

+

We were cuddling in front of the TV later that evening when I remembered something.

"I still owe you a proper proposal."

"We need to talk about something else first."

That wasn't what I had expected and I was left speechless as a consequence.

"I know your stance on children. You never made a secret out of the fact that you don't want any. You don't owe me anything just because I'm pregnant. You don't have to marry me or even accept the child as yours if you don't want to. If you don't want it, I'll not force you to anything."

There was another reason I loved Betta as much as I did and why the fear of losing her when visiting my parents had been so devastating.

"A lot has changed in the last few months. I have changed. Do you have any idea how improbable this all is? The chance for a reconnection after more than two years is one in tens of thousands. Combined with your medical condition we're talking about a one in a million chance of you getting pregnant from me. And yet, here we are. Who am I to tempt fate? I want this baby as much as you. You're not forcing me to anything. I don't see this an obligation towards you or the baby that I have to fulfil. It's a gift I'm receiving."

Tears had started to run down her face but I wasn't concerned about them. She looked happy and I was about to make sure she stayed that way.

"I was about to propose to you the day you told me about the pregnancy so my wish to marry you is not caused by the baby. That's just a bonus."

Kissing a crying woman is very confusing but considering the circumstances, I decided to put up with it.

Epilogue

We contemplated a rushed wedding but then decided to wait until after our child was born. Emilia was born a healthy girl right on schedule and the ceremony took place three months later. Even though most of my co-workers showed up, the wedding party was still very 'bride-heavy'. Her parents, aunts, uncles, cousins, her friends, and workmates made up about five-sixths of the group.

My parents and Andrew didn't even respond to the invitation to the ceremony. It could be that the fact that they were only invited for the actual ceremony but not for the ensuing party had something to do with it. Or maybe they were just bitter. Who cares? They weren't my real family, after all. My real family were my wonderful wife Betta, our little angel Emilia, and our two guardians, Blaze and Xena.

End