Dying for Acceptance

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"No boyfriend. I mean, I haven't even met anyone yet. And I want to make sure everyone knows who I am before I do. As to a girlfriend, I guess I never really even thought about it. So...maybe?"

The girls laughed supportively and Sara said, "Well, you'll figure it and whatever you decide will be totally cool," Amanda said. She looked at the other girls then back at Erika as she said, "I can tell you this for sure. You're as pretty as any girl in this school, so I can't imagine you're not going to have a lot of interested...people...hitting on you."

As they entered the cafeteria, a loud voice startled them. "Hey you!" They all turned and the owner of the voice approached them pointing at Erika. "Yeah, you. Freakshow."

It was the guy who'd opened the door for her this morning. "I guess getting your ass kicked once for this shit wasn't enough."

"Excuse me?" Sara said stepping in front of me.

"Get out of the way, Sara. That...thing..." he said pointing at Erika, "led me on this morning."

"Oh, really? And just how did she do that?" Sara demanded to know.

"That ain't no 'she.' It's an it, and it comes in here looking like...that...and leads me on like it's a chick." He pointed to her again as he continued, "And she...he...it...has a dick! I outta kick your ass right here, man!"

"So what you're telling me, Brian, is you had no idea, right?"

"What? What are you talking about?" he said angrily. People were now congregating around them and paying very close attention to the angry exchange.

Sara told him, "Well, if she looks, dresses, talks, and acts like every other girl, and if you were interested in her, then...."

"Interested? I wasn't interested. I was deceived. And now I'm gonna kick his ass!" Brian Treadwell took a first step toward Erika when out of nowhere someone ran in front of him and stopped.

"Then you'll have to kick mine first."

Trent Callum had stepped in front of Brian and told him in no uncertain terms, "Back the hell off, man."

"Do you know who that sick fuck is, man? That's a dude! You're gonna take it's side over mine?"

"Yeah, I know who SHE is, asshole, and SHE is my best friend. Guy or girl, I don't care. That's my friend." He turned to everyone else who'd gathered around to watch and said to them all. "I just stood there last year when Grady Sikes beat the hell out my best friend from elementary school. I felt like a coward. I was wrong and I'll never make that mistake again." He looked over at Erika and said, "I really am sorry."

He turned back to everyone else and said, "You have no idea what he's...sorry...she's gone through. So until you do, shut the hell up, okay? Because the next clown who gives her shit is gonna get his ass kicked." Trent played three sports and was one of the tallest boys in school. Unlike Eric, he'd grown up and filled out between junior high and high school. The time he spent in the weight room gave him the size to intimidate most any other guy and attract nearly every girl in school. In fact, Trent had just broken up with one of the cheerleaders who'd given Erika grief and she was standing there rolling her eyes in disgust.

The other guy made a face and as he tried to walk away he ran smack into an administrator who said, "Brian! Good to see you this year. And gee, what a surprise that the principals very clear remarks this morning had impact on you. As she said, we have a no-tolerance policy on bigotry in this school so please follow me to my office so we can call your parents and get your senior started off with a bang."

As they walked off, nearly all of the girls, less the cheerleaders, as well as quite a few guys, clapped and cheered. "We love you, Trent! and "Woo-hoo!" were some of the shouts of support he received. He modestly kind of raised his hand and said, "Thanks, but she's the real hero," as he nodded at Erika who was smiling at him.

It got very quiet as he walked over to her as the crowd began to disperse. "Hi," he said nervously.

"Hi, Trent," Erika said demurely. "And...thank you. That was really sweet."

"You're welcome," he told her. There was a big gap in the line that was created while all of this went on and Trent said, "Well, I guess you should probably get your lunch."

"Oh, okay," Erika said. She turned to move up in line then said, "Um...would you like to sit with me?" Then she remembered she was with the other girls and said, "I mean...with us?"

The other girls were all mouthing things like, "No! Don't worry about us. Go sit with him. He's SO hot!"

Erika stood there holding her books across her chest with her purse over her shoulder waiting for Trent to say something. "Um...yeah. Sure. That'd be cool."

He carried her tray along with his own to an empty table and sat it down for her before sitting across from her. "Thank you again," she told him.

"He's a jerk," he said in reply. Trent was looking at his tray and just pushing the sticky mac and cheese stuck to it around.

Erika had never seen Trent act like this before. As she took a tiny bite of her salad she said, "Is everything okay?"

"Um...yeah. Everything's fine."

"Oh, okay," she said not knowing what else to say. "Well...I'm really glad to see you. I've missed talking with you. And...I'm really glad you came to see me. You know, in the hospital."

"Oh, right," he said still not looking up at her.

"So...how are you mom and dad?" she asked as she took a second small bite.

"Oh, they're fine. Same old, you know."

"I heard your brother went in the Navy. How does he like that?" she asked.

"Okay, I guess. We haven't really talked much. He was in boot camp this summer and now he's in electronics school in Tennessee. But I think he likes it okay."

They sat in silence for several minutes before Trent said, "You look...really nice."

Erika's heart began beating faster. "I do?" she said. "I mean...thank you. You look nice, too."

"Me?" he asked. He still hadn't looked at her.

"Trent? If I look nice...why won't you look at me?" she asked as sweetly as she could. "Does the way I look...do...I make you feel uncomfortable?"

"No. Of course not," he told her. "I mean, I've always known this is how you saw yourself."

"Then what it is it, Trent?"

He pushed his tray aside and said, "I just never imagined you'd look like...that."

"Like what?" Erika asked.

Trent was still pushing the mac and cheese on his plate around as he replied, "You look...you look really pretty."

"You think I'm pretty? Really?" she asked wanting—no, needing—-to know the truth.

"Well, yeah. Just look at you. You're even prettier than Sara Miller," he told her still looking at the table.

"I like you too, Trent," she said, her voice trembling with emotion.

"What?" he said not sure he heard her correctly.

"I said—I like you, too." She tilted her head until he was forced to look at her and said, "Isn't that what you're trying to tell me? If I'm wrong about that, I'm really sorry. It just seems like maybe you do." He didn't answer her so she reached out and put her hand on his and when he didn't move it away she said, "If you do like me, I just want you to know that I like you, too."

"You do?" he asked looking for clarification.

"Yes," she told him. "In fact, I've had the biggest crush on you since...you know."

"Since I...kissed you?" he said finally looking at her without being coerced into doing so.

She smiled brightly and said, "Uh-huh. Did you know I've thought about that kiss a million times?"

"Yeah, well...so have I," he confessed. "Eric? Sorry, I mean...Erika... Look, I'm not gay, okay? I don't want to sound mean or anything but I like girls so...."

"I know. That's cool." She squeezed his hand and said, "But...I'm a girl, Trent. I always have been. I just didn't look like one before. And...well, I like boys so...it's okay, right? Besides, who cares anymore? If two people like each other, what difference does plumbing make?"

For the first time, Trent laughed. "Plumbing? That's funny."

Erika smiled. "Yeah, I guess it is. But the truth is, I don't care about plumbing," she said. "Do you?"

He pulled his hand out from under hers and took hers in his then held it as he looked into her eyes. "No, I don't—care about plumbing, either. Not at all."

"So...that's a good thing, right?"

"Yeah. It is. It is...a good thing." He cleared his throat and said, "Do you know why I kissed you?"

Erika didn't answer. She just shook her head. Trent couldn't help but notice the way her long, soft hair gently moved or the way her earrings dangled with every movement.

"Because you were right. You know, what you said in the hospital. I was just still too embarrassed to admit it. I thought you looked really cute dressed like...that. You really looked like a girl even then. But now...."

"But now...what?"

"Now you're not just cute. You're...you're really beautiful, Erica." He saw a tear well up in her eye and said, "Hey, don't cry, okay? I wasn't being mean, I was just being honest."

She blinked the tear away and waited for him to go on. "So...I was wondering. Would you like to...you know...do you wanna maybe go to the homecoming with me?" His eyebrows were raised high letting Erika know he was very worried about her response.

"Me? Seriously? You want to go with me? Oh, my goodness! Yes! Yes, I would love to go to homecoming with you, Trent!" she told him. "I would absolutely love that!"

"Really? Awesome!" he said. She was finished with her salad having only taken a couple more bites. "Here, let me get that for you," he said picking up tray. She thanked him and stood up to walk with him.

"So can I walk you to your next class?" he asked her. It seemed like every eye in the cafeteria was on them but neither of them cared.

"Sure!" she said. "That would be nice."

He sat her tray down and then set his on top of hers. "Okay, then." He smiled at her and she smiled back. He took a step and she followed him. He took another then asked if he could carry her books for her. She handed them to him and once her hands were free, he carried the books in one hand then held out his free hand to her. Erika happily put hers in his and headed off to fifth period hand in hand.

When they got to her room he said, "Oh, here you go," and handed her back her books.

"Thank you," she said. "So...I'll see you later?"

"Yeah, right. Um...see you later."

She quickly leaned over and kissed him on the cheek and said, "So, thank you again...for standing up for me. And especially for asking me to homecoming."

Trent didn't answer her. He just looked directly at her and said, "Erika? Can I kiss you again?"

Without hesitation she said, "Yes. Definitely."

In her heels, she was still a couple of inches shorter than Trent. He didn't have to lean down much, but he did do so enough to gently kiss her on the lips.

"Wow," she said softly. "I've been waiting for six years for you to kiss me again."

"Me, too," he told her. "So see you after class?"

"M-kay. Bye, Trent."

"Bye, Erika."

At the end of the day Trent walked her to her car and said, "I've got football practice so I gotta run, but do you maybe wanna do something this weekend?"

"You mean something like...a date?" she said sweetly with a smile.

"Yeah. Like a date."

"I would love to. Just text me and let me know what we're doing, okay?"

"I will," he told her. This time he didn't ask as he pulled her close and kissed her longer and more passionately.

"Get a room, you two!" Sara Miller said as she walked by to her car.

They both laughed and waved at her.

"Okay, so I'll text you later on then."

"K," she said as she leaned toward him for one more kiss. "Bye," she said as he opened her door for her. He waved as she drove off and stood there just staring for the longest time before turning around and heading to the gym. Suddenly, he was aware that his balls were aching because he'd had a raging hard on since Erika had touched his hand and he needed that to go away before getting to the locker room.

That evening at dinner, Erika shared her first-day experiences with her parents and both of them were very thankful Trent had stepped up and done the right thing. "I've always like him," her father said. "I'm sure he feels terrible about not having done anything last year, too."

Erika waited for him and her mom to finish commenting then said, "Okay. Don't freak or anything but...I got asked to the homecoming today."

"You did! On your very first day? her mother exclaimed. "Oh, honey! I'm so excited for you. Tell us everything! Who asked you? Is he cute?"

Erika saw that her father didn't share her mother's excitement, but he didn't shake his head in disgust. When Cassandra looked at him in expectation of some kind of comment he said, "Oh. Um, that's great. I'm really happy for." Since that was more then either of them expected, he was let off the hook.

"So...who's the boy?" her mother asked excitedly.

Erika smiled and said, "It's Trent!"

Her mother got up and went over to hug her daughter who stood up to hug her back. They both shrieked and did a kind of happy dance. "Oh, my! We've got to get you a dress for homecoming! Oh, honey, this is SO exciting. I'm really happy for you!"

Trent texted her that evening and suggested watching a movie together and Erika happily agreed. She'd dreamed of being asked out by a handsome boy so many times that if felt perfectly natural to have it happen. Even so, it was still very exciting. It didn't feel strange at all. Her reply was followed by another text and the two of them spent hours texting back and forth and did so every day thereafter.

Between Trent's constant presence and Brian having been given a 10-day, out-of-school suspension for his hateful comments, no one said anything negative to Erika the rest of that first week. Trent met her at the end of every period and they held hands as they walked to her next class. Each walk ended with at least a kiss or two and a lovesick goodbye until the next hour.

That Friday, Trent said he'd pick her up at 8 o'clock for an 8:30 showing of a movie they both wanted to see. Cassandra helped her daughter get ready as she found it nearly impossible not to want to spend every moment with her Erika helping her choose her outfit, getting her makeup done, touching up her nails, or just sharing the experience with her.

"If I'm driving you crazy with my constant hovering just ask me to back off okay, sweetheart? But I don't want to miss anything else in your life. I almost feel like I'm going on my first date tonight, too. I'm just so happy and excited for you!"

"It's okay, Momma. You're not hovering and I love sharing all these new things with you." She turned to her and said, "You know you're my best friend in the whole world, right?"

Her mother fought off tears as they hugged. "Thank you, honey. So what are you wearing on your first date? Have you decided?"

"Well...I was thinking about wearing jeans and maybe a pink sweater. I haven't worn my jeans yet and this seems like the right time."

"I agree. The sweater will be dressy but not too much for a movie making it a great choice. I love it!"

Erika wore a pink sweater over a white blouse along with a pair of jeans that fit quite nicely over the special padded garment her mom had found on line for girls like her. Erika finally had hips and it made a world of difference by giving her a very nice hourglass figure. She now not only loved the way her soft, round boobs looked under a pretty sweater, but she could also admire her 'enhanced butt' as she took a look over her shoulder in the mirror.

She wore a darker shade of pink lipstick with the iced-pink colored sweater which made her feel so soft and feminine. She also wore some comfortable flats for the first time but because they were so cute, she didn't mind not wearing heels at all.

"Oh! You look so pretty!" her mother said when she got ready to go. "And before I forget, you might want to wear a coat tonight, honey. Last time I checked it was about 50 degrees outside. Maybe even 45 or so by now. But first...I want to take some pictures of you, okay?"

Erika grabbed a very cute, short black coat they'd bought at the mall and thanked her mom for the advice. As she sat it down, the doorbell rang.

"Do you mind?" her mom said tilting her head toward the door.

"No, go ahead, Momma. I'll wait right here, okay?"

Cassandra opened the door and said, "Hi, Trent! It's so good to see you again. Please come in. Erika's expecting you."

"Hi, Mrs. Jamison. It's good to see you, too."

"So how's your senior year going? I understand you're going to the quarterback again this year. No surprise there, right?" she said trying to make him feel comfortable.

"Oh, right. Yeah, so far so good, you know?" he said nervously.

"Trent? Please don't be nervous, okay? We're thrilled you asked our daughter out and the fact that it's you is just so extra special. I also want you to know we are 100% accepting of Erika and of you dating her. Okay?"

"Thank you, Mrs. Jamison. That really means a lot. And I really like Erika, too, so...."

Just then, Erika walked in and Trent saw her. "Hey!" he called out.

She came over to where he was standing and said, "Hi. I'm really glad to see you."

"You, too," he told her. "You look amazing."

"Thank you," she said. "So...are we ready?"

"Oh, yeah. Sure." He turned to Cassandra and said, "It was really nice seeing you, Mrs. Jamison. I'll have her home by midnight if that's okay."

"That sounds fine, Trent. You two have a wonderful time. But first...." Cassandra grabbed her camera and said, "Do you mind?"

Trent looked at Erika who nodded so he said, "Sure. Why not?"

Moments later, after she'd snapped a dozen or so pics, Cassandra said, "Bye, honey!" as Trent helped Erika with her coat. She watched them walk down the sidewalk to his car and her heart skipped a beat when she saw this handsome boy kiss her daughter for the first time. "Oh, to be young and in love again," she said quietly.

Erika assured him she didn't need anything from the snack bar as they went inside the theater. They managed to find two empty seats in the middle about three-quarters of the way back and both of them agreed it was the perfect spot to watch the movie. Trent helped her take off her coat which she sat in lap. He immediately took her hand and she laid her head on his shoulder as the previews began.

About half way through the movie, Erika put her hand on his chest and Trent put his arm around her. Erika ran her hand around his shirt on top of his chest then turned slightly to look at him. He smiled and knew she wanted to be kissed so he gladly obliged her. Erika's tongue slipped gently into his mouth as his did the same into hers. The theater was crowded and neither of them wanted to make a scene so they ended their kiss after just a few seconds.

To his surprise, Erika asked if he'd mind holding her coat for a while. "No, of course not. Here, let me have it." She laid it in his lap using both hands but kept her left hand there under the coat.

As they continued watching, she slowly ran her hand along the inside of his right leg from just above his knee to about six inches above that. After several minutes of this, Erika again laid her head on his shoulder again then removed her left hand while sliding her right where the other hand had been. The only difference was she couldn't reach as far down as she could before and he hand rested naturally on the top of his thigh.

Slowly and gently, she began moving her hand slightly toward the center of his body. As she did so, she heard Trent quietly gasp. She held his right arm tight with her left hand as her right hand glided over his crotch for the first time before pushing down. Erika's efforts were rewarded with a very nice-sized bulge centered directly underneath her tiny hand. She gently stroked it through his denim jeans and was thrilled to feel it grow with her touch.