God's Eye View

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

My father died a few months ago, leaving the business to me. I'm sorry to say that I don't think my Mother will be here much longer; she's grieving too intensely. The agony of Dad's loss is plain in every look she gives me, in every word she speaks, and in every motion of her body. The kind of loving, devoted marriage they shared was what I always wanted for myself, but maybe that kind of thing isn't possible in our modern world. I don't know. I'm a landscaper, and philosphy is something I'll leave to the experts.

Before she left me the second time, Mandy asked me an interesting question: "Do you have any regrets?" she'd said.

Well yes, of course! I regret that I married a cheating whore. I regret that I wasted time on Mandy (the first time) and Dawn, thinking that they were potential mates. I regret that I just can't seem to meet anyone with the same values and desires that I have. But then, I know what Mandy was really asking.

What she really wanted to know was whether or not I regretted making Britt a famous amateur porn star. She wanted to know if I regretted divorcing her as fast as I possibly could, and hating the bitch for years afterward. The truthful answer is no. I regret that the release of the video was necessary, but I don't regret doing it, and I never will. She had it coming. If I had it all to do over again, I would do it all the same. Maybe I saved a bit of trouble for her new man. If so, then at least some good came out of it.

As for me, I'll keep working. I'll keep loving my kids and watching them grow. I'll look forward to meeting my grandkids (when and if the time comes). I will never completely abandon the search for a wife of my own. Like I said before, you have to seek if you're going to find. But, it's no longer a priority for me. I will enjoy what happiness I can find, when and where it can be found. It's not the life I would've chosen, but it isn't a bad life. And yes, during my downtimes in the office at work, I still occasionally indulge in a God's Eye View.

Author's Note:

Yes, this tale is darker than my usual fare. It was deliberately so. On these long deployments, it's hard sometimes to keep a positive attitude. Anyone who has read "Secret Loves," which was the very first tale I ever posted on Literotica, will be especially surprised at the tone of this story, so please allow me a brief word of explanation.

"Secret Loves" was written back before I had the experience of dealing with a cheating wife in my own life. My attitudes toward infidelity were much softer before it happened to me! Today, I have a zero-tolerance policy for cheaters, and I don't see that ever changing. That's one of many things my current wife and I share!

The premise behind this story (husband getting suspicious because of something he saw on Google Earth) was inspired by a true life story I saw on the news since I've been stationed out here. I didn't use any details from the real life story in my tale, just the Google Earth bit. I thought it was such a strange way to catch a cheater that I had to give it a try. Especially since I haven't written anything in the LW category up to now.

I based the character of Brittany off of my first wife. Her physical description is dead-on accurate. The part where she tells Don why she cheated is also pretty close to the way it went for me when I confronted her. My ex only cheated with a man, though (and thankfully we hadn't gotten around to starting a family yet!!). She didn't do the threeway thing.

The suicide attempt is also, sadly, real. I hated my ex for a very long time; part of me hates her still. That being said, I'm glad that she did not succeed in killing herself. That wouldn't have helped anyone involved. I'm glad she found help, and is no longer suffering from suicidal thoughts. And as for whether or not I released videos of her cheating on me to amateur porn sites...I'd probably better just leave that to your speculation.

The character of Don is not based on me, although I wouldn't mind being that tall and owning my own business! His personality is a lot like mine, but all resemblance ends there. And to answer the question I'm sure is coming: I didn't 'catch' my first wife cheating. She wrote me an actual paper letter while I was deployed and told me she was leaving me. I didn't find out the nasty details until I got home and confronted her.

The scene where Don proposes to Dawn at his birthday party -- and gets shot down -- is also loosely based on real life, but in this case it's based on something that happened to my youngest brother. If anything, the real life incident was even more cringe-worthy than the scene in my story. Fortunately, my little bro ended up finding another woman that could appreciate him and love him.

As always, I hope you readers enjoyed this. You are the reason I write. Please vote, comment and/or PM. Until next time!

- Carbinemaster