Hate Thy Neighbor

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Time seemed to go into slow motion as it slipped out of his wet fingers bouncing off the corner of the stepstool, ricocheting right at me. I tried to turn and run, but I hadn't even taken a step before I felt it slam into my legs. The last thing I remember before passing out is seeing a bone poking through my skin.

Chapter 6

***Carson***

I was sitting in the living room watching Thursday night football when my phone rang. It was a local number, but since I didn't recognize it, I hit decline. Within a minute, the same number called again. Since it was a commercial I decided I may as well see who's blowing up my phone.

"Hello."

"Hello, is this Carson?"

"Yes, who's this?"

"This is Amber at St Joseph's Hospital. Do you know Tina?"

Instantly the TV was off, and I was on the edge of my seat.

"Yes, what's wrong?"

"Before I can talk to you, I need to know your relationship to her."

I thought quickly, what to say so they would talk to me.

"I'm her children's nanny."

"Are the children with you now?"

"Yes, but they're sleeping."

"Tina was in an accident tonight and suffered a broken leg that required surgery. We went into her phone and you are her most frequent contact, so we reached out to you first. She will be fine, but she will need to be kept at least overnight. Are you ok with the children, or do I need to send social services for them."

"Of course I'm ok with them. Is she awake, how bad is it?"

"We are going to keep her asleep until tomorrow morning. She will be fine, but I really can't tell you anything more."

"Ok, I will get the girls to school in the morning and be down."

I was thankful that I had asked for a key. I decided to sleep in their living room recliner, just in case they woke up in the middle of the night. I set my alarm, but couldn't fall asleep for hours. When I did, it was only for a brief time before I woke again, worried.

I decided to tell the girls a little white lie and that their mom had to stay late at work, no sense worrying them all day. Thankfully they bought it and I was able to get them to school without an issue. The moment they were on the bus, I was in my Jeep heading to the hospital.

I was able to bluff my way into her room, claiming to be her nanny. When I saw her. My heart broke. She was awake but obviously in pain. When she saw me she broke down crying. I sat on the side of her bed and just held her hand while she cried.

"Where are the girls?"

"I sent them to school. The hospital wouldn't tell me anything and I didnt want to scare them."

She just nodded her head at me, still sniffling.

"This is probably my fault for jinxing you, if you hadn't given me that key, it wouldn't have happened."

"I'm sure it would have, but I'm glad you were there for the girls."

"What happened?"

"Some dumbass dropped a keg full of beer."

"How bad is it?"

"I don't know yet, I just woke up a little while ago."

I sat on the side of her bed, holding her hand. One leg was in a plaster cast that went to the top of her knee, the other one was in a walking boot. Nurses kept coming in and out checking on her, finally the surgeon came in.

He said one leg had a compound fracture and he repaired it with surgery. The second leg had a hairline fracture and would be ok in a walking boot. However she had to stay completely off everything for two weeks.

If she made it through the day ok, she would be able to go home tonight. I never left her side, and never let go of her hand.

After lunch, she was starting to feel a little better, they had her on some pretty potent pain killers. Finally the realization of her situation dawned on her.

"I don't know what I'm going to do."

"What do you mean?"

"I live on the second floor with two little girls and I can't walk up the stairs, or walk at all. I don't know how long I will be off work, how I will take care of the girls, or even how to take care of myself."

"Those are all little problems, what else is wrong."

She obviously didn't like my humor as she glared at me and released my hand.

"Easy for you to joke, you work from home."

"Tina, the only difference is now I have three little girls to watch over. I can get you up the stairs no problem. I can get the girls to and from school with no problem. I can even make a meal here and there."

"Why would you do that?"

"Because you need my help."

"What do you get out of it?"

"Karma."

"What does Karma have to do with it?"

"This isn't the place to have that discussion. Do you trust me that I will help you with no strings attached?"

"Do I have a choice?"

"There is always a choice, but this is the best one."

"Ok."

Soon it was time for me to go to the bus stop and pick up the girls.

"Do you want me to bring them here, or get them situated at home until you get there?"

"I would rather them not see me here if possible."

I went back home, picked up the girls, got them in the apartment, picked up a temporary wheelchair and went back to the hospital just as they were processing her release.

They left her in her hospital gown instead of trying to dress her. They wheeled her out to my waiting Jeep where I waited with the door open.

"Ok, here comes the first part of trusting me. Reach around my neck and hold on tight as I pick you up."

She did as I asked and I was able to gently place her in the front of my Jeep. When we got to the apartment building, I carried the wheelchair up to the second floor. Then I came back down and carried her up to the stairs and gently put her in it.

"OK, let me go prepare the girls, and then you can wheel yourself in, ok?"

"Yeah, good idea."

I went to their apartment and let myself in. I was happy that they were in the living room watching tv.

"Hey girls."

"Hey Carson."

"I need to talk to you, please turn off the TV."

Once they did I sat them down.

"Your mom was in an accident, but she is ok."

Immediately tears started rolling down their faces.

"She is outside, let's bring her in ok."

They didn't even wait for me, they rushed to the door, and saw their mom in the hallway, smiling weakly at them.

"Hey girls, I'm ok."

She wheeled herself in and immediately started answering all their questions.

Finally, they asked the important question.

"But mom, who's going to take care of you?"

"I'm going to if that's ok with you girls?"

They both shook their heads yes.

"Ok, are you guys hungry?"

"Yes."

I leaned down to Tina.

"Do you need anything before I make you guys dinner."

I could tell by the look in her eye what she needed, and she hated the thought of it. She pulled me down and whispered in my ear.

"I need to go to the bathroom."

"I'm going to pick you up and carry you in there, I assume you're still going commando under your robe?"

"What does that mean?"

"That you're naked under it,"

"Oh, yeah."

"Well that will make things much easier. I'm going to carry you in there, and sit you down. When you're done, all you need to do is text me and I will come and get you."

"My god, I'm so embarrassed."

"Why, because you're human and need to use the bathroom sometimes? Don't worry about it. We won't make it weird and everything will be fine."

"Ok"

I picked her up, and carried her into the bathroom, only slightly hitting her head on the doorway. I'm glad she is a petite woman. I sat her down on the toilet and helped her shimmy up her robe and shut the door behind me.

Meanwhile I went to the kitchen to see what I could find for an easy dinner.

"Hey girls, do pancakes and eggs sound good for dinner?"

They both thought it was a good idea, so I started laying out the ingredients until Tina texted me.

I went into the bathroom to find her blushing beet red. I picked her up and carried her back into the living room.

"Would you like your recliner, or wheelchair?"

"Recliner please."

I laid her down in her recliner and gently raised up the footrest and made sure she was comfortable.

"How is your pain level?"

"It's getting up there again."

"Do you want a pill now or with dinner?"

"I'll wait so I can eat something with it."

I quickly whipped up some pancakes for us all, and we had a little picnic on the living room floor sitting around her recliner. After we were done, I put the girls in her lap and started cleaning the kitchen.

By then, it was already past the girls' bedtime, although they didn't want to, they started getting ready for bed.

"Girls, tell me when you're in bed and mom will tuck you in."

That gave them a little more motivation, and soon they yelled they were ready. I surprised Tina when I picked her up, carried her into their room and sat her on each side of their beds to tuck them in. I wanted to make this as easy as possible for all of them.

***TINA***

Carson was being a true hero, letting me tuck in the girls. When we were done, he carried me into my room and sat me on the side of the bed.

"OK, I plan on sleeping on your couch. Would you rather sleep in here, or would the recliner be more comfortable?"

"I think the recliner."

"OK, do you have a long nightshirt you would rather wear, or are you happy in the hospital robe."

"A nightshirt, this thing is horrible."

"OK, where should I get it?"

I pointed to the top right drawer of my dresser. I was in too much pain to be embarrassed at him going through my sleepwear drawer.

"OK we can do this the hard way, or the easy way, which do you prefer?"

"What are my choices?"

"Well I can leave the room, and let you struggle trying to get it off and on, or I can just close my eyes and help you."

At this point, the pain med was kicking in and all I wanted to do was sleep. I didn't care if I exposed a little flesh, it's not like we were attracted to each other anyway. I raised my arms up.

"Just do it."

He walked around the other side of the bed and pulled on the robe until it was up to my waist. Then he walked back to the front of me.

"Your arms aren't broken, I'll turn my back. Let me know when you have the shirt on."

Believe it or not, it was still a bit of a struggle, mainly because I was so worn out and the robe wasn't the easiest thing to get off. Once I had my nightshirt on and down to my waist I was ready.

'Ok ready."

"Do you want to use the bathroom or anything before you try to sleep?"

"Yeah I better."

We repeated the earlier process , this time I wasn't quite as embarrassed. He put me in the recliner with my feet up, brought me a pillow and blanket off my bed and tucked me in like a little child, the only thing missing was a good night kiss.

"I'll be right here on the couch if you need anything. Good night."

Before he even turned out the lights, I was sound asleep, the narcotics did their job.

When I woke up, I was surprised to see it was mid-morning. The girls were sitting at the table eating cereal, and I suddenly realized it was Saturday. Seeing I was awake Carson brought me a pain pill and a glass of orange juice.

"You should eat something with that, what can I get you?"

"Um, how about just some toast?"

"OK, coming up."

Once again, I was surprised by Carson. I could see that he had already cleaned the kitchen up, and now he brought my juice and was making toast. I think the kindest thing Raul had ever done for me was buy dinner once a week so I didn't have to cook.

He brought me two pieces of buttered toast on a plate.

"Let me know when you want to use the bathroom, then I'm going to do some shopping."

After he got me in the wheelchair I noticed he had even thrown a load of laundry in the washing machine.

"OK girls, I'm going to go do some shopping. Keep an eye on your mom and call me if you need anything."

"Do you need me to pick anything specific for you?"

"No, I think I'm good, thanks."

"Well if you think of anything, call or text me."

After he left, I decided to make my weekly call to my mom and break the news to her. She was concerned and ready to hop on a plane to take care of us until I finally broke down and told her Carson was staying here taking care of us.

That turned the whole conversation around about who this guy was that I trusted to stay with us and take care of me and the girls. Finally I couldnt take it anymore and I told her he was gay, even though the thought of Carson not liking women made me laugh.

I started getting tired and uncomfortable in the wheelchair. I was hoping Carson would be home soon so I could get out of it. I decided it was going to be a long couple of weeks until I could get onto crutches.

When he did get back, the first thing he did was make sure I was taken care of, then he made us all a late lunch, once again doing the dishes. Then he started bringing stuff in from his shopping trip.

The first things that were brought in were a bar stool and a plastic patio chair, making me very curious.

"What are you doing with those?"

"Well, I figured you could sit on the bar stool while brushing your teeth or whatever in the bathroom. I know you will not want to go without a shower for two weeks, so I will set the patio chair in the tub."

I started laughing, imagining how funny I will look, but I had to admit they both made sense. He also brought in enough groceries to feed an army.

"Holy cow, how many people are you planning on feeding?"

"Well, I wanted to make sure I didn't have to leave you every day, so I got plenty."

That afternoon, I realized how thoughtful he was by thinking ahead. I started feeling grungy and wanted nothing more than a hot shower.

"Hey Carson. How do you plan on me taking a shower?"

"Well, I will wrap your cast in a garbage bag and tape it up. Your walking boot we can just take off."

"Ok, can we do that? A shower sounds really really good right now."

He carefully took off my walking boot and wrapped my cast in a garbage bag. He set the patio chair in the tub and asked me what I needed for my shower.

"OK, I will set you in the chair and send Emily in to turn on the water for you once you're undressed. She can sit in here with you until you're ready to get out."

"Ok."

"How are you going to get your shirt over your waist while you're sitting down?"

"Um, I don't know."

"Well, if you trust me, we can just hike it up to your waist when I carry you in, then when I leave you can take it the rest of the way off."

I'm sure I blushed at the thought of my bare butt hanging out while he was carrying me in his arms, but it sounded like the most logical solution.

"OK, I guess it can't get much worse for my dignity."

"Ok hold on."

When we got into the bathroom, he used his free hand to pull up my nightgown until it was up to my hips. I couldn't believe it, but I was instantly turned on by him doing it. He put one foot in the tub and gently set me down. When he did I let out a yelp."

"What's wrong, are you ok?"

"Yeah, the plastic is just cold on my bare butt."

It was his turn to blush, and it made him look so cute.

"I'm sorry, I will warm it up first next time, I'll send Emily in."

By the time she got in, I had my nightgown off and was ready for some hot water. She got it running and then turned it to shower. I've never felt anything so relaxing in all my life.

"How is that mom?"

"It feels so good."

I sat there until the hot water ran out. Emily handed me a towel and a clean night shirt and sent Carson in to carry me out.

When he walked in, his eyes widened a little and he blushed once more.

"Um, do you feel better?"

"Oh, so much better, it is amazing what a little hot water can do for you."

"Yeah I bet, um, back to the recliner?"

"Yeah, sounds good."

"Ok, when I pick you up, your night shirt should just fall down around you."

It was then I realized that my new nightshirt was a little more sheer than I had remembered. The thought of me in his arms again with my bare butt hanging out must have stirred up some carnal thoughts, because when I looked down, my nipples were standing out nice and proud.

Oh fuck I thought, no wonder he is embarrassed.

He reached down and lifted me up like it was nothing. It felt good having my arms around his neck holding on, realizing how nice his muscles felt against the sheer shirt. When he sat me down, he immediately handed me a blanket to cover myself with before putting my boot back on and unwrapping my cast.

The feel of his hands on my bare legs, turned me on even more. Unfortunately the sight of him on his knees holding my legs made it even worse and I felt myself starting to get wet. Please please don't smell me, I thought.

Chapter 7

***Carson***

When I went to get Tina out of the shower, I almost died. I'm not sure if it was intentional or not, but she wore a very sheer nightshirt that left almost nothing to the imagination. For one of the first times in my life, I was flustered in front of a woman.

When I lifted her up, she seemed to hold me a little tighter as I caught a whiff of her body wash. I sat her down in her recliner and handed her a light blanket to cover up with. I think she was slightly embarrassed as well. I'm sure she isnt used to having to be careful what she wears in her own home.

When I kneeled down to unwrap her cast, and put her boot on, I couldn't help but admire how nice her legs were. I dried off her foot and leg really well and started putting on her walking boot when I felt her tremble slightly. Then suddenly, my nose caught the unmistakable musk of a turned on woman.

I was shocked, Tina had never shown any inclination that she was attracted to me. I decided that it had to be the pain meds messing with her.

After I got her situated, and myself calmed down I got their laundry caught up, cooked, and cleaned up the kitchen much to the chagrin of Tina. She hated the fact that I was doing everything for her, but it's not like she could do anything for herself.

Sunday night, the girls were in bed early since it was a school night. I was tired and ready to relax with a drink.

"Tina, do you mind if I have a drink?"

"No, why would I mind?"

"Just making sure, it's your apartment after all."

"Knock yourself out."

"OK, I'm going to go back to my place, get ready for bed, grab a drink and I'll be back. Do you need anything?"

"Nope, I'm good."

When I got back, I sat back on the couch, took a sip of whiskey and let out a satisfied sigh.

"Carson"

"Yeah?"

"Why are you doing all this?"

"Because you need my help and I can."

"What did you mean before, about Karma?"

"My parents were killed in a car accident when I was five. A nineteen year old kid was on a crotch rocket doing 120 and t boned their car. I looked at the accident report when I turned eighteen, it looked like a bomb went off.

I was thrown into the foster care system. I can't begin to tell you how horrible it is for children. I stayed with one set of parents for two years when I was eight years old. They would leave me home alone all night all the time. There were times the tornado sirens were going off and I cried myself to sleep in the closet."

"Oh my god Carson, that's why you volunteered with the girls so much."

"Yeah, part of it, I know how it feels to be home alone. When I was fourteen, I was sent to live with another set of parents who were both school teachers. I was way behind in school, scared of everything, depressed, and had no friends.

They took me in and treated me like their own child. They literally saved my life. Without them, I would either be in prison or dead by now. When I graduated, I asked them how I could ever repay them. He told me one day, someone would need my help. How I responded is how I would repay them."

"I understand you so much better now."