Hate Thy Neighbor

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I laughed.

"Is that a good thing or a bad thing?"

She actually gave me a flirtatious smile.

"That's my secret."

The next morning I was up early getting the girls off to school. I needed to get back to work since I took Friday off.

"Tina, I need to get back to work. Would you like to hang out with me at my place, or just text me when you need me?"

"I may as well hang out with you if it wont bother you."

"Nah, you will probably be amused by my chaos. I'll walk the girls to the bus stop, and then come get you."

"OK"

When I got back, I moved my big recliner into my office so she could be comfortable. When I went over to get her, she was in tears.

"What's wrong?"

"The human resources bitch just called me, she's hated me since day one for some reason. She said that I was negligent in causing the accident and the hotel's insurance wouldn't cover my medical bills, and the only pay I will get is my accrued sick days and vacation pay."

"Is that so?"

"Yeah."

"Come on, let's go to my place and I'll fix it."

"Carson, I know you're awesome, but you just can't fix everything."

"You think I'm awesome?"

She just rolled her eyes at me.

I picked her up, and carried her over to my place and sat her in my favorite chair. I grabbed a pen and paper, and sat my phone on the arm of her chair and hit record.

"Dial the number."

It rang twice, before the bitch answered.

"Human Resources."

"Hi, this is Carson Dossett, I'm here with Tina Cohen."

"Yes, how may I help you?"

"I'm a certified financial planner and we are trying to make some plans for Tina. I wanted to clarify a few things if I may."

"OK, go ahead."

"By the way, this call is being recorded since I have a terrible memory. First, you informed Ms Cohen that all medical expenses will be borne by her and her insurance company is that correct."

"Yes it is."

"OK fine, secondly. She is allowed to use her accrued vacation and sick days, but no workman's comp, correct?"

"Yes, that's correct,"

"OK, last question. Have you filed a report with OSHA, and if so may we have a copy?"

"Um, no we haven't"

"Ok, that's all I need to know for today, thank you for your time."

I hung up and looked at her smugly.

"OK, your problems will be solved within thirty minutes. You need to decide what you want most from them."

"What do you mean?"

"Do you want a cash settlement, a raise, different hours, or a promotion?"

"I don't understand."

"Just think about it, but don't take too long, they will be calling shortly. When they do, make sure you put it on speaker."

Sure enough, her phone started ringing within twenty minutes. She put it on speaker so I could hear.

"Tina, this is Tony, I'm here with our General Manager Mr Elliot. He is going to take the call from here."

"Hello, I'm still here with my financial advisor Carson Dossett."

"Mr Dossettt, may I ask what type of financial advisor you are and what certification you have?"

"Yes Mr Elliot, I'm a federally licensed Certified Financial Analyst. I'm also certified in Colorado to be a personal financial advisor. If you need copies of any of my certifications I will be happy to email them over to you."

"Ok, good enough thank you. Tina, I understand our personal manager has given you some wrong information."

"Ok, why is that?"

"I'm not sure why, but suffice it to say, she doesn't work here anymore."

"Ok wow."

"First we will address your medical bills. All medical bills and expenses will be 100% paid for by the hotel. Any questions so far."

"No"

"Great, secondly you will receive workmans comp pay the entire time you're off work without having to use any sick pay or vacation. Any questions?"

"I have a question."

"Yes Mr Dossett."

"At what percentage of her usual salary will her workmans comp pay be?"

"I believe the standard rate is 60% of her base pay while she is off work."

"Ok, understood."

"Mr Elliot, I understand you asked for a copy of the OSHA report, is that correct?"

"Yes it is."

"May I ask why?"

"Federal law states if there is a workplace injury requiring hospitalization , an OSHA report must be filed within twenty four hours of the incident. Your human resources manager indicated that Ms Cohen was negligent and caused the accident. We wanted to see how the report stated she was negligent before deciding how to proceed."

"Proceed as in?"

"Let's just leave it at that. I'm not a lawyer, just a financial advisor."

"I see."

"Ms Cohen, I believe I should speak to our in-house counsel before proceeding any further. Will you be available for another call later today?"

"I'm sitting here in a wheelchair, not much else I can do besides answer the phone."

"Ok, thank you for your time."

With that they hung up, and Tina just looked at me stunned.

"What just happened?"

"What your human resources manager did was illegal. When I started asking questions she panicked and fessed up to someone, now they are in damage control."

"Am I going to get fired?"

"Not a chance in hell. We will get you paid in full the entire time you're off at full wages, not 60%. We can also ask for some pain and suffering pay, or you can use your leverage for something else. Right now, your general manager is talking to their lawyer to find out how much it is going to cost them to fix this."

"Like what?"

"A raise, a promotion, better hours, etcetera"

"Oh."

"So, what is the one thing you really want from them?"

"I don't know. I really love my job and working there, the only thing I don't like is getting home late."

"How important is it that you stay late?"

"Honestly, not really. Every bar and restaurant has their own manager who can do anything I can at that time of the night."

Your hours now are from two to ten or eleven every night?"

"Yeah, roughly."

"So would life be better working ten to seven, and would they suffer because of it?"

"Yeah, then I could walk the girls to the bus stop in the mornings, and be home to tuck them in at night, and it shouldn't matter to the hotel."

"Ok, then that's what we want. What about money?"

"Honestly, they pay me really well, so if they just pay me for the time I'm off and the medical bills, I will be happy."

"Ok, we will wait for them to call."

***Tina***

Carson was indeed the miracle worker he claimed to be. When the general manager called back, he had the hotel lawyer on the line with him. They came right out and asked what it would take to make me happy.

I told them I loved my job and the hotel. The only thing I would like is shifting my hours slightly, medical expenses, and full pay while I was off. They couldn't say yes fast enough.

My mood immediately improved and I actually enjoyed hanging out with Carson the next few days. My nightly shower time seemed to get steamier and steamier. I swear he did everything humanly possible to turn me on every chance he could. The sex dreams had started again, and I found my self actually fantasizing about him during the day while watching him work.

By Thursday, I was starting to go stir crazy, tired of being stuck inside 24/7. Suddenly, I felt selfish when I realized that Carson had barely left my side in a week. I had to be cutting into his social life.

"Carson, I'm sorry if I'm cutting into your social life. The girls and I would probably be ok for a night if you have any dates planned for this weekend."

"Um, I don't really date anymore."

I thought that was really odd.

"Do you mind if I ask why?"

He just shrugged his shoulders and put his palms up in the air.

"I don't know, change in attitude and priorities I guess."

"Oh, I'm sorry if I screwed anything up for you."

"On the contrary, you've opened my eyes."

That really confused me, how did I open his eyes? And why did that make him stop being a man-whore?

"Oh. Well I'm starting to go stir crazy stuck inside, so I imagine it is even worse for you knowing you could be doing something else."

"Yeah, I wouldn't mind getting out for a while myself. Do you have plans this weekend?"

I looked at him and rolled my eyes.

"Well, I was going to take the girls ice skating on the pool if it froze over, if it doesn't, I'm going to run a marathon. Other than that, nothing important."

"Ha ha. Well, do you trust me to make some plans for us all to get out of the apartment?"

"What kind of plans?"

"That's where the trust part comes in. Now, answer me honestly please. Do you trust me?"

He looked straight into my eyes, and I could tell he wasn't just asking about getting us out of the apartment.

"Honestly, I trust you more than I have ever trusted anyone."

He just looked relieved and smiled at me.

That night, we were enjoying another wonderful dinner made by Carson. We all discovered that he is a damn good cook. I have been comfortable enough to sit at the table in the wheelchair while we all ate together.

"So girls, would you like to go on an adventure Saturday, or hang around the apartment?"

They both looked excited right away.

"What kind of adventure?"

"It is a surprise. I just wanted to know if you wanted to go or stay here."

"Adventure!"

"OK, I will take care of it."

As usual, Carson kicked everyone out of the kitchen and wouldn't let anyone help him clean up. I was so thankful for him, I hoped I could repay him someday.

Carson as usual carried me into the girls room to tuck them into bed. They were excited for their adventure, but were still asleep within minutes. He carried me into the bathroom and sat me on the barstool.

I brushed my teeth, washed my face, and brushed my hair. I don't know what came over me, but tonight I dabbed a tiny bit of perfume on each side of my neck. I told him I was done and he carried me out to the recliner. I felt him inhale my scent deeply as he sat me down, his face lingered by my neck for a few moments before he gave me a quick kiss on the cheek.

He went about his way getting me ready for bed. Making sure I was comfortable, enough blankets to keep me warm.

"Goodnight Tina, I hope you sleep well."

How the hell was I going to sleep after that kiss. It wasn't much, but my cheek was still hot where his lips had touched me. My god this man is driving me crazy. I can't believe the lust I have been feeling for him.

Friday, after he walked the girls back home from the bus stop he told us he was going shopping for our adventure.

"Do you girls want me to bring pizza back for dinner?"

"YES"

He came over to me and kneeled beside the recliner and put his hand on mine.

"Is there anything at all I can get you while I'm out?"

I shivered as he touched me, wondering where this feeling of excitement had come from.

"Actually, since I haven't needed a pain pill for a few days I could go for some wine."

"Of course, anything for you."

When he said that, it sent another shiver down my spine. No wonder he got all the ladies, he is definitely smooth.

He was gone for only a couple hours, but the apartment felt empty without him. He came back with a couple of pizzas and wine.

"OK girls, here is a boring cheese pizza for you."

"What did you get?"

"I got a supreme with pineapple and sauerkraut."

'Ewwwwe"

"That's why I got you a cheese pizza, so I don't have to share mine."

I was curious, and tried a piece of Carson's pizza. I had to admit it was pretty good. What was even better was the glass of wine that went along with it. I watched the girls eying his pizza and knew what was coming.

"Carson, can I have a piece of your pizza?"

What surprised me was how he responded.

"No, you wont like it."

I watched the reverse psychology unfold before my eyes, and it was amusing. That's until I wondered if he was doing the same thing to me.

"Can I have a bite?"

He looked at Emily like he was thinking hard.

"Okay, I will give you a bite, but you will hate it."

It was hard not to laugh when she took the bite from him. He kept telling her to spit it out if she didn't like it. But sure enough she chewed it up and swallowed it.

"That's so good."

"Really, you think so?"

"Yeah."

"That means you have grown up taste buds on your tongue."

"Really?"

"Yeah, I can't believe you have them when you're only ten years old."

Now it was Lily's turn to try it.

"Nope, it's yucky, I still have kid taste buds."

That made for a good laugh.

After dinner, we decided to watch the girl's favorite Pixar movie 'Brave'. I had seen it a dozen times, but Carson never had. I sat there with another full glass of wine and watched him and the girls.

He was on the couch with Lily on his lap and Emily curled up beside him. I felt a pang of sadness when I realized how good of a father he would have been for them. It was obvious they all loved each other.

My bottle of wine was almost gone and I was feeling pretty good. I was intently watching Carson when he turned and caught me staring at him. I'm sure I blushed pretty hard, but he just gave me a nice smile.

After the movie was over he got the girls to bed, and me in the bathroom. By then, I was feeling pretty tipsy and put a little more perfume on my neck. When he came for me, I wrapped my arms a little tighter around his neck, making it feel more like an embrace.

When he laid me down onto the recliner, he once again lingered by my neck before kissing my cheek right below my ear, this time it was more than just a quick peck. He actually whispered in my ear before letting go.

"Good night Tina."

At that point, I finally admitted to myself that I had fallen in love with him.

Chapter 8

***Carson***

It wasn't long before I heard Tina's breathing become soft. The bottle of wine put her quickly to sleep. I could tell that she was pretty tipsy by the way she held onto me when I was carrying her back, and the smell of the extra perfume she had put on. I'm not sure what the fragrance is, but it is the perfect match for her.

Once again, I kissed her cheek goodnight, fighting the urge to smother her mouth with mine. I decided I had to be very careful not to cross a line with her, especially if she had been drinking.

It took me forever to fall asleep, I could smell her perfume from where she laid. I concentrated on the sounds of her breathing, trying to match mine to hers. I was finally able to drift off to sleep, but she haunted my dreams as well.

I was jolted awake by two girls jumping on me.

"It's time for our adventure."

"OK, girls, go brush your teeth and get dressed."

I started to move when suddenly I realized that I had a bad case of morning wood and Tina was looking right at me. I stayed under the blanket and acted like I was tired and started stretching a little, willing it to go away. Finally it went down enough to get up.

I made everyone breakfast and then made and packed a picnic lunch in the cooler.

"Um Carson, I don't really want to go out in public in just a night shirt."

I could see her point.

"Do you have a really loose fitting pair of shorts that will slip over your cast?"

"No"

"OK, hold on."

I ran over to my apartment and found a pair of basketball shorts, they would look funny on her, but would do the job. I went back, picked her up and sat her on the side of her bed.

"OK, I will get these up over your cast if you think you can lay them back and pull them up. Do you want a normal shirt?"

"Yeah, um top middle drawer, can you hand me a bra and my shirt hanging up that says lucky on it."

I think she enjoyed seeing my discomfort at going through her underwear drawer. I laid her bra and shirt by her side, and slid the shorts up as far as I safely could. I shut the door behind me and heard her laughing as she tried to pull her shorts up.

I loaded the wheel chair and cooler in the back of my Jeep along with as many pillows and blankets I could cram in.

"OK ladies, we have an hour's drive ahead of us, Tina, you're in charge of the radio."

I took them to Garden of the Gods, it is a beautiful park with wondrous rock formations and wildlife. The best part is there are several paved trails that are easy to navigate for anyone in a wheelchair.

I stopped near a trail that I had chosen ahead of time that was less than a two mile loop. It was a beautiful late summer day and the weather was perfect. I pushed Tina while the girls walked along pointing at everything talking away.

When we were halfway around we stopped to look at some bighorn sheep that was hanging on the side of a cliff as if by magic. I put my hand on her shoulder and leaned down by her ear.

"Hey, are you doing ok?"

"Yeah, I can't imagine a more perfect day, thank you."

She surprised me by putting her hand on top of mine and kissing me on the cheek. She blushed a little and smiled shyly.

I was awestruck by her display of affection to me. The girls were awestruck by the jagged rocks sticking straight out of the ground like something out of a science fiction movie. By the time we made the loop, it was lunchtime. I drove us to a shaded spot a little farther down the trail for our picnic.

I laid out several blankets and then several pillows to make Tina as comfortable as possible. I carried her over and laid her down in her little nest as gently as I could. Everyone loved the picnic, the girls were full of laughter and I had never seen Tina so happy. I realized then that I wanted this for the rest of my life, I didn't want to start over, this is the family I wanted.

I kept catching Tina's eye, each time I did it was accompanied by a smile. I'm glad I'm able to give them some happiness. After a long picnic, we drove on to another location and took another hike. I pushed Tina slowly, letting the girls range ahead.

"You're an amazing mother."

"You really think so?"

"Yeah, the girls are so perfect, and that's a direct result of how you have raised them."

"Thanks Carson."

I put my hand on her shoulder and gave it a little squeeze.

After our second hike, the girls decided that they had enough walking for one day. We explored the rest of the park from the Jeep before finally getting back on the road towards Denver and home.

I took them to one of my favorite steakhouses for dinner. Tina tried arguing with me over the bill until I gave her a look that made her give up. I froze when the waitress visited us for the final time.

"You girls are so wonderful, your mom and dad here must be so proud."

Tina surprised me, putting her hand on mine.

Nodding at our waitress, she said "You're right, we are."

I made sure to tip the waitress very well.

***Tina***

Carson had given us a perfect day, and for the first time, I realized what it would be like to have a complete family.

I loved it every time he picked me up to carry me somewhere, his strong arms always carried me so effortlessly. I almost wished my legs would never heal.

By the time we got back to the apartment, the girls could barely keep their eyes open even though it wasn't even eight o'clock. Carson got the girls cleaned up and put to bed, leaving us alone early on a Saturday night.

"What can I get you Tina?"

"I could go for a glass of wine."

We chatted for awhile, our conversations always flowed so easily now. I decided I needed a shower before we went to bed.

"Carson, can you help me get into the shower?"

Usually Emily helped me get the water going, but she was sound asleep so it was up to Carson to help me. He got me in the chair, closed the shower curtain, and turned on the water. When the water went cold he turned it off and handed me a towel behind the curtain. I felt so sexy knowing I was naked with only a thin sheet of plastic separating us.

He handed me a clean nightshirt that I slipped on as far as I could.