He'll Wait For You

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Tony155
Tony155
1,227 Followers

"Well," inquired Laura, "aren't you going to answer her question?" She couldn't stop smiling as she enjoyed watching him squirm.

"Well, Nicole," he said thoughtfully, "I think it's awfully early to tell if that will happen. We haven't had a date yet. We're just good friends right now."

"Oh," she replied as she looked out the window. "You're pretty," she said to Laura.

Her questioning seemed to be finished for the time being.

"Why thank you, Nicole. I think you're very pretty, too. I love your costume."

"It's okay, I guess. Mommy made it for me." She looked out the window again.

Greg shrugged his shoulders as he put the car into gear, and they were on their way.

They ate at a family type restaurant as Greg watched his daughter carefully, hoping she wouldn't spill anything on her costume. He was relieved to find she did a very good job and only had a minor mishap that made no difference. Greg was proud of her and told her so.

Laura limited her conversation to Nicole and her play although she would have liked to have had more time with Greg.. She could tell Nicole was the center of his universe and he clearly adored her. That was okay with her. It was just one more side of him she found fascinating. She had grown close to Greg over the past few weeks and was truly delighted that he asked her to come with them. It really surprised her. She could understand keeping a distance during business hours, but even after hours when he was instructing her alone, he was totally professional with nary a hint of anything other than business on his mind. And she was disappointed in that fact, too, although she always enjoyed kissing him in the parking lot afterwards.

The play was your typical second grade production; a lot of mistakes and all the kids looking cute. It didn't last very long but Laura was delighted. She enjoyed watching the children perform as much as she did holding Greg's hand throughout.

He smiled at her periodically and certainly enjoyed the feel of her hand in his. It had been very difficult for him to remain totally professional with her during those long hours together at work. Whenever he was close to her, all he wanted to do was kiss her.

When the curtain fell and the lights came on, Laura turned to him, still holding his hand. "That was wonderful! Thank you for asking me. I really did need some time to relax. I don't do that very well."

"I know," he agreed. "Maybe you'd like to do something again sometime, preferably by ourselves."

Laura eyed him carefully. "Are asking me out for a date?"

"Yes."

Laura paused for a second, her green eyes sparkling. "It's about time!" she teased. "I'd love to."

Before Greg could say anything, Nicole came running up, her arms extended.

Greg scooped her up and hugged her. "You did fantastic! You were the best snowflake of them all!"

"Really daddy?"

"You bet, princess."

Chapter 9

It was late by the time Greg drove Laura back to Ballard Corp.'s parking lot. They had dropped off Nicole minutes earlier at her mother's. He pulled up next to her car in the deserted lot and put his gear in park. Laura reached for the door handle, but didn't open her door.

"Thank you for a wonderful time," she said. "Nicole is such a sweetie. She's a lot like you."

"She's her mother," he said quietly.

Laura said nothing for a second or two. "Are you planning on coming in tomorrow?" The next day was December 23rd, a Friday, and Laura was letting everyone go home at noon.

"I'll be there."

"Do you have any plans for Christmas?"

"Well, I'll have Nicole all day Christmas Eve, but I've got nothing going on Sunday. I'll probably vegetate and watch football games all day." That was their arrangement every year. Greg would have her Christmas Eve and Sandy would get her Christmas Day.

"Oh." Laura hated the thought of him spending Christmas alone. "You could spend the day with me, if you like. I've got no plans, either."

"What about your brothers? Won't you spend time with them?"

"We always do stuff on Christmas Eve. I usually spent Christmas Day with dad..." She stopped and looked away. The thought of it being her first Christmas without him saddened her.

"I see."

She looked back to him, her eyes tearing. "I'd really like for you to come over." She reached for his hand and squeezed it. I don't want to be alone this year, she thought.

"I'd like that," he replied.

Laura's eyes brightened. "Good. Stop by around eleven."

"Can I bring anything?"

"No. I have everything I need."

"Wine?"

"I'm sure dad has something in the cellar, but thanks anyway."

"I'd feel kind of weird not bringing something."

"Well, how about a dessert? You could bring a pie or something like that," she said.

"Great! I'll do that." He hated being empty handed when he was invited to someone's house.

"I better get going," she said reluctantly. "We both have to be in early tomorrow."

"We could just sack out in our offices," he suggested.

"If it gets any later, we might have to!" she laughed. She squeezed his hand again. "Thanks again for a great time."

"I'm glad you could come."

"I'll see you in the morning, then." She pulled the handle and the frosty air rushed into the car.

"Wait," he said, tugging at her sleeve.

She closed the door and looked at him.

"We've been so busy these past few weeks...." He looked down and then back up to her face. "I missed not being able to kiss you when I wanted."

"You could have kissed me when we were alone. I wouldn't have minded." She edged closer to him. "Iwantedyou to kiss me all the time!"

"I just didn't think it was the right place and time."

"It's the right place and time now," she said quietly.

Greg shifted his position towards her as he looked at her pretty face. Kissing her in the parking lot after they left the office had never been enough for him. It had taken all his reserve and strength not to kiss her in the office, even after everyone had gone home.

Laura's light perfume tickled his nose as their lips touched. She always had a clean, fresh scent about her and she always smelled wonderful to him. Her soft, moist lips pressed against his and their breathing quickened within seconds. His hand moved to her face, his fingers caressing her cheek.

Laura melted at his touch and wished it never had to end. She pressed her thighs together as sweet sensations began to invade her. A shudder escaped her as his kissing became more passionate and insistent. She accepted it all, reveling in the feelings that besieged her body.

His hand crept from her face, deftly settling inside her coat next to her breast.

"Oh my," she murmured softly, waiting to see what he would do next. "Are you trying to take liberties with me?"

Without answering, he squeezed her breast tenderly and lovingly, all the while kissing her again.

Laura gasped, sucking in her breath. She didn't expect him to do that, but his hand felt wonderful there. Now, she couldn't wait until she could have his hands on her bare breasts. The anticipation of being naked with him sent shivers through her.

Greg knew he was taking a chance, but he didn't feel any resistance from her. He was very excited by then and his erection was making it quite difficult to sit in that position. He tried shifting slightly, but that did no good, either.

Sighing, he gave her breast one last tender squeeze before dropping his hand away. He continued kissing her for a few more seconds before his discomfort became unbearable. Greg broke away slowly, lingering close before their lips finally parted.

Disappointed that it came to an end, Laura opened her eyes and looked at her new love. "You didn't have to stop," she said.

"I'm sorry," he replied, "but I was getting very uncomfortable, if you know what I mean." He smiled sheepishly as he tried to readjust his trousers.

"Oh," she giggled, understanding immediately and taking a quick glance at his crotch. Smiling to herself, she loved the thought that kissing him had that effect. "I think we'll have to continue this some other time, don't you?"

"Definitely," he replied. That, he would very much look forward to.

"Well, as much as I don't want to, I better get going."

"Okay," Greg said.

He opened his door and felt the bitter winter air pour in. He got out quickly, shivering, and opened Laura's door for her.

"I'll see you tomorrow," she said as she unlocked her door. Laura turned to him and kissed him once more, wishing she was saying hello instead of leaving. "I had a lovely evening."

"I'm glad you did." Greg hesitated for a second. "Well, I'll see you in a few hours." He gave her another kiss before letting her go.

Laura's heart jumped again as it always seemed to do when he kissed her. His kisses were simply the best and she couldn't get enough of them. She waved to him from her seat as he peered over the roof of his car.

Greg watched from his car as her tail lights disappeared into the snowy night, his heart swelling with happiness knowing Laura was truly in his life.

Chapter 10

Greg woke up Christmas morning full of happy memories. The previous day with Nicole went splendidly. They watched parades and cartoons on TV, played games, and wrapped gifts for her mom and stepfather. In the evening, he gave Nicole her presents. With Sandy's help and Nicole's wish list, he was able to get her many things she wanted. He tried not to go overboard with his daughter, but he always wanted to make Christmas very special for her.

Now he was really looking forward to spending the day with Laura. It would be the first time in five years that he didn't spend this holiday home alone. His sister and her husband lived in Pearl City, Hawaii where he was stationed in the Navy and his mom lived in Houston, Texas with her husband. Greg visited his mother when he could, but it wasn't often that he could take the time.

He put the pie he bought in the oven to warm while he took a shower and dressed for the day. When it was ten-thirty, he took the pie out of the oven and let it cool down. He had no idea what kind of pie Laura liked, so he bought an apple pie and hoped it was to her liking. He decided to go casual, wearing blue dress pants and a cream colored sweater. He went light with the after shave, not wanting to gag her should she want to sit near him, and by the time it was ten forty-five, he was ready to go.

He gathered up the pie and a small gift for her and he left his house. It was mild for an Ohio Christmas, upper thirties, clear and sunny. He pulled into her driveway a few minutes before eleven and Laura was waiting for him. She was wearing a dark green blouse and white slacks. She looked really pretty and Greg had a hard time keeping his eyes off her.

"Very punctual," she said as he neared the porch, "I like that."

"You should know that by now," he replied. "I'm always on time for work."

"But, this isn't work. At least I hope it's not."

"No, it's definitely not work."

She led him into the foyer and kissed him before taking his coat. She eyed the package in his hand. "What's that?" she asked.

"Oh, it's just a little something for you."

"I wish you hadn't," she protested. "I didn't get anything for you."

"Don't worry about it," he said. "It's something we can both use." He smiled at the thought.

Her interest was piqued at this point as she wondered what it could be. She then saw the pie. "You can put the pie in the kitchen." She started to walk away. "What kind is it?"

"Apple."

"I love apple."

He followed her to the kitchen, her hips swaying nicely in her slacks. She was sexy without even trying, he thought to himself. He smiled at the sight as he put the pie on a small utility table.

"Lunch is almost ready," she announced as she checked different pans on the stove.

"It smells great," he said.

"Thanks. It's nothing special, just ham steaks, green beans, and mashed potatoes."

"That sounds great to me. It's better than the frozen pizza I planned to have."

Laura looked back at him and frowned. "Frozen pizza on Christmas? That will not do." She shook her head.

"Is there anything I can do for you?"

"No," she said. "I'm about ready to dish up. On second thought, you could pour the wine for me.. It's the red seedling in the fridge."

Greg found the bottle, went to the dining room, and poured the rich, fruity wine into the two glasses set near each other..

Laura came out with the plates and bowls of food, making two trips. Before they sat down, Laura lit two candles that made up the centerpiece.

"I like candles," she explained. They sat down and Laura lifted her wine glass, saying, "I'd like to make a toast."

Greg took his glass without hesitation and waited for her to speak. She sniffed and he could see her eyes starting to get misty.

"To new beginnings," she began. "And to Ballard Corp and us. May we always be a great team."

"Perfect!" Greg exclaimed. He reached forward and touched his glass to hers. He watched her as he lifted the glass to his lips. She was smiling over the rim of her glass.

After she put her glass down, she said, "Well, let's eat."

The lunch was very good and Greg thought it tasted a thousand times better than pizza. They talked about various subjects, but at one point, Greg brought up something that happened at work the previous week. This was met with disapproval from Laura.

"No, no," she said, shaking her finger at him. "We will not discuss any business in this house today."

"Okay," he replied sheepishly.

After lunch and dessert, Greg helped her clear the table and load the dishwasher. She didn't bother to protest, knowing it would do no good. When that was completed, she took him by the hand to a dark, plush sofa in the living room where they sat down. With the touch of a remote, she flipped on the stereo to the sweet, haunting voice of Enya. Laura settled against Greg and he put his arm around her shoulder. She loved the cologne he was wearing as she buried her nose in his face.

"Now, isn't this better than watching football?" she asked coyly.

"I don't know," he replied. "That Lions-Saints game is still pretty tempting."

Laura jabbed him playfully in the ribs.

"Hey!" he yelped, "I was only joking."

Laura smiled and settled against him once more, sighing softly as she did. She had thought a lot about her dad that day and she was so glad to have Greg there with her. She didn't know what she would have done if she had to be alone in the house all day. Sadness still crept into her mind as she knew it would. Christmas would always be a subdued time for her now that her father was gone. It would always be a reminder of his death, she suspected. Perhaps that would change over time. She hoped it would. It felt good to be in Greg's arms and to be comforted. She needed to be touched and held. And loved.

A few minutes went by without either of them speaking. Greg smoothed a few errant strands of her auburn hair from her face. Laura sat up and tucked her leg beneath her. She looked toward the large bay window that faced the street. The temperature had dropped again as thick, fluffy snowflakes descended from the grey sky, adding a new layer of white to the frozen ground.

"It's lovely outside, don't you think?" She turned back to Greg.

"Yes, it is," he agreed. He reached forward and brushed another strand of hair from her face..

His gentle touch melted her, taking hold of something deep within her. Although her heart was still scratched raw from her loss, new feelings were emerging. Beneath all the heartache, happiness was trying to force its way through.

I need this now, she said to herself.I need him.

"He'll wait for you."

She remembered her father's words. She knew the meaning now. Even when he was close to death, he had picked out someone to be with her. He knew. Heknew.

"Is something wrong?" Greg asked.

Laura had a very far away look in her eyes, blank and unseeing.

"No," she said softly, looking directly at him. Her bright green eyes were lively once again. "There's nothing wrong at all." She glanced at the table and saw the colorful box there. "May I open my gift now?" she asked.

"Of course," he said, smiling broadly.

Laura got up from the couch and picked up the brightly packaged box from the table. It was light and she felt no movement when she shook it. Laura brought it back with her and sat down next to Greg as before. She pulled the paper apart carefully, not wanting to rip it. Underneath the paper was a plain white box. She opened it and moved the tissue paper aside and pulled out her gift. It was a sprig of mistletoe.

"It's mistletoe, isn't it?" she asked as she looked at it from all angles.

Greg gently moved her hand holding the mistletoe above her head while Laura looked up at it. Laura looked at him and he moved forward slowly. Laura's lips parted in anticipation as he began to kiss her. It was soft and sweet and it sent chills through her. A few seconds later, he started to kiss her more urgently and passionately. Laura wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him back, matching his fervor with her own. Her body was starting to respond and her breathing became heavier. Minutes later, Greg stopped and slowly drew back. He gazed at Laura, who had a dreamy look on her face and still had her eyes closed.

Slowly, she opened them and stared at him. "If you had kissed me like that seven years ago, I never would have gone back to Chicago!" She gently placed the sprig on the table behind them.

"Now you tell me."

There were many things she wished at that moment, but most of all, she wanted to be kissed again.

"Why did you stop kissing me?" she asked teasingly.

Not answering, he moved forward and began to kiss her again. He held her face in both of his hands, his thumbs tenderly massaging her cheek bones. Laura wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him closer, wanting him as near to her as possible. His hands roamed to her back, feeling her soft skin through the sheer, silky material of her blouse. He loved the way she kissed him, full of life and energy.

At first, their kisses were tentative and delicate, but soon, it became more intense and passionate. It was now she who was kissing him, and she was exploring every millimeter of his soft lips and relishing the sweet sensations that were invading her body. They continued to kiss for a few more minutes before breaking their embrace to catch their breath.

Laura moved her legs out from beneath her and sat down next to Greg.

"That was simply wonderful," she murmured. She snuggled next to him and kissed his neck, inhaling his cologne. Next, she moved her face upward and began kissing his face, starting at the jaw line where she kissed his cheek and his chin before moving over to the other side and starting all over again. "You smell fantastic!" she whispered as her lips brushed past his.

Greg tried to kiss her, but he missed, finding her cheek instead. He kissed her cheek tenderly before lightly nibbling on her ear, which elicited giggles from her. He followed the line of her jaw and began kissing her neck. Laura tilted her head to the side to make it easier for him. His face went inside her open collar, nuzzling her silky soft skin. He moved in front to the hollow of her neck. Laura sucked in her breath from the pleasure it gave her. Greg ventured a bit further as he kissed her chest to the very top of the beginnings of her small cleavage, stopping just above the lacy edge of her white bra. He could feel her chest heaving, but she made no move to stop him. Instead, her hands came up between them and began to unbutton her blouse. She pulled it open for him, exposing the tops of her milky white breasts. She wiggled out of her blouse and tossed it t the side.

Tony155
Tony155
1,227 Followers