Justin Thyme Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Callicious
Callicious
1,841 Followers

My respect for this young man could not be higher. He wasn't here just from feelings of guilt, but of responsibility, from a sense of wanting to make things right. "You said your brother-in law came by?"

"Yes. Dr. Bruce Hepburn, from Mayo. He married my sister, Janice." Now some of the pieces were coming together.

Both girls stepped over to hug Michael and comfort him, even in their grief. I stepped away, so that Rosemary could sit where I had been, and the three of them hugged and cried together.

I slipped away down the hallway to where I could make a phone call without being overheard and called my grandfather. "Grandpa, Justin. Look, I'm sorry for such late notice, but I just found out. Michael has to appear in court tomorrow morning, and plans to plead guilty to all charges. He feels he needs to take responsibility for what happened to Susie and Stephanie. Were you aware he has spent the entire day every day with Susie, and I think he has stayed overnight as well? You said you would speak on his behalf. Can you make it tomorrow? I know neither Steph or Susie wants him punished. He has already done all he can to make restitution. Right now he is down the hall from me crying with Steph and Rosemary. He just found out they have to amputate Susie's foot tomorrow morning, and because of court he cannot even be there for her when she comes out of surgery. Thank you, sir! No, sir, I won't say a word to him about this. I appreciate this more than you can know. I really think he is a good man, and he has become a very good friend. Goodbye, I'll talk to you tomorrow."

I walked back down the hall to join the others, and found I had not been missed. I grabbed Michael by the hand and lifted him to his feet. "When is the last time you had some real food?"

"I've been eating here in the cafeteria. I'm OK."

"That's what I thought. You need something good in your stomach. Come with us." I led the others to the elevator and we took it up to the main floor. I led him out to the Denali and told him to get in the front. The girls climbed into the back and we drove back to Al's. His reaction was rather dubious when he saw the outside of the place, but he followed us inside. Our waitress from earlier brightened up when she saw us returning, and quickly found us four seats at an empty table. The early rush was over, and seats were available, so I stopped her before she left and spoke quietly, asking that our table be kept private, that our friend had just received some terrible news, and we needed to talk. I slipped her a twenty dollar bill with my request, and she nodded. Michael looked at the menu doubtfully, obviously never having eaten in such an establishment. There was nothing uppity in his attitude, I don't mean to imply there was, neither was there condescension. It was simply he was in surroundings he was not accustomed to, obviously below his normal standard. "Don't worry. We've been eating here since I was just a little kid. This place is a local landmark, and has been for over fifty years. It doesn't look like much, but the food is really good and plentiful. It is nothing fancy, but I don't know a thing you can go wrong on. When we were here earlier tonight all of the tables were full, and people were standing eating at those counters around the walls."

Michael's eyes widened as he surveyed the room. "Really? You aren't kidding me, are you?"

"I wouldn't kid about that. Gourmet it isn't. It caters mostly to the blue-collar, working class crowd who like good simple food, and plenty of it. My Dad's Dad was a construction worker when he was young, and he started eating here, and it has become a family tradition. Sure, we like the nicer places, but when we want good food, we come here. On Fridays, it isn't unusual to wait in line for thirty minutes or so to get in, and there are no private tables. If there is an open seat you take it." Michael just shook his head. He was puzzled by quite a number of entries on the menu.

"Much of this I've never heard of, let alone eaten. I have no idea what to order."

"Let me suggest my favorite. It's a three cheese omelet smothered in chili, with hashbrowns. You get your choice of toast or pancakes. Coffee comes with it, but you can substitute something else."

"All of that and pancakes?"

"Sure. That is why the place is so popular with working class people. Guys working physical jobs tend to burn a lot of calories."

When our waitress came back around and took his order. Michael was still distraught over Susie's situation. Stephie was able to convince him finally that neither she, nor Susie, held anything against him for the accident, nor would Susie blame him for losing her foot. Of course, Susie would not be happy about losing the foot, but blame Michael she would not. Michael went up another notch in my estimation as his total concern was for Susie, and not for his own future. He did not know but what he would be remanded directly to jail tomorrow, but it wasn't first on his mind.

It didn't surprise me in the least when Michael polished off the entire meal, including the two large pancakes. He had not been eating properly, even though he consciously attempted to, but it is very difficult under the circumstances. His appetite had not been very good, and he had skipped meals, plus hospital food, no matter how they try to do it, is not the most appealing. Eating alone under trying circumstances also robs the appetite, so when he was away from the hospital, and had us to talk with, he polished it off quickly.

"Your car will be OK at the hospital, won't it?"

"Why, where are you taking me?"

"I think you need to be out of that environment for a while. Susie will be out of it for the night, and there isn't a thing you can do for her right now. What you need to do is get yourself prepared for tomorrow. To do that you need to get some rest. If you go home by yourself you will fret all night, so I'm taking you to our house tonight, and since I'm going to court tomorrow as well, I'll give you a ride over there, and then we'll see Susie afterwards."

'You seem to think I'm not going to jail, tomorrow. What do you know that I don't know?"

"Nothing, other than I don't believe the judge will give you any jail time for your situation. There are mitigating factors, and while I'm not a lawyer, I believe I could argue the case enough to find a way to keep you out of jail. You may have to do community service or something, and you'll probably get probation and pee in the bottle once in a while or something, but I really don't think you'll go to jail."

"I wish I had your confidence! I have to meet my attorney at 9:00. He doesn't have your confidence. What will I do for clothes? And what will your parents think about me barging in like this?"

"I have a suit that will fit you very well, and Mom will be happy to have you. Dad is out of town, but he would insist you stay. You need rest, and you just won't get it if you go home by yourself."

Rosemary reached a hand across the table and rested it on his. "Justin's right, as much as I hate to swell his head by saying so. Come on home with us and take your mind off of things for a while. You can't help Susie tonight, and I'm going to court with you tomorrow, too."

"So am I." Stephie laid a hand on Michael's other hand. "They've been babysitting me this week, too. I don't know if it will do any good, but I'm going to speak up for you, and tell the Judge how you have behaved, and how you reached out to us for forgiveness, and that we have given it."

"I don't know what to say. You people aren't like anyone I've ever met in my life!"

"Just say you'll come along peacefully." I gave him a grin to soften it. "We just try to treat other people the way we want to be treated. I'll admit, when I first heard about the accident I was ready to half beat you to death, but when you came over and showed what kind of man you are I told Grandpa you were the kind of man I wanted to be friends with. You should hear what my Grandmother had to say about you the next morning!"

"Really? She didn't say anything while I was there. I was afraid she was mad at me."

Rosemary and I both laughed. "You don't know Grandma!" said Rosemary. "If she was mad you wouldn't be wondering about it! She would have laid into you like you've never seen! If she isn't mad she doesn't say much, but she is a holy terror when she gets upset."

"Grandpa will appear tomorrow on Susie and Steph's behalf, and as he told you he would, he is going to speak for you as well. I know he and your attorney have already spoken." We all piled back into the Denali and made our way home.

"I feel a lot better, now that I've eaten. Thank you, and I'm going to have to remember that little restaurant. I've never eaten like that before, and the price! You should have let me pay for my own meal, though."

"Not a chance, bud. I invited you, remember?"

"Next time, it's on me."

Mom had not met Michael yet, but she was very gracious and insisted I was right about him staying over. "Look, Michael, if my Daddy is going to court to speak up for you after all this, the least I can do is have you going to court rested and prepared. Daddy hasn't been in a courtroom but once since he retired five years ago, and it takes a lot to get him to go back. He must think very highly of you, and I know he does, because he and Momma both have talked with me about you. I'm really happy to get a chance to meet you."

We all sat in the den and talked for a while. Michael insisted on seeing the pictures of the house we bought, and we talked at length of our plans for the property. It wasn't long though before I saw him trying desperately to stifle a yawn. I realized belatedly how little real rest he has had in the last few days and showed him to the guest room and bid him goodnight. I pointed out the bathroom and my room, telling him to not hesitate about asking if he needed anything.

Mom hugged us each goodnight and headed off to bed. She had an early morning Realtor's breakfast to attend tomorrow, and while she didn't like us missing school, she agreed with our skipping to attend court, and then to be at the hospital with Susie when she came out of surgery.

The girls and I made our way upstairs and I started to go to my room, but Rosemary asked if I would go to her room for a little while so we could talk. I said I wanted to get out of my jeans and get into something more comfortable, and cooler. She said, "Why don't you just peal down to your boxers? We're going to get ready for bed, too. Don't worry about Mom. She's gone for the night, now."

I nodded and followed them into her room. Rosemary unbuttoned her skirt and let it fall to the floor with a sigh, and then pulled her top over her head. She looked over at Mr. Koala as I pulled my polo over my head. "You know, it's funny, but Mr. Koala is the reason for all of this. Just think, a couple of weeks ago I didn't want to get undressed in front of him, because I felt like he was watching me, and now I'm getting undressed not only in front of him, but in front of you, and with my best friend here, too."

She walked over to her bedside table and stroked the koala's fur gently. "I never really told you how much that means to me, Justin. We had grown apart, but when you bought me that, and you built in that radio it showed you still loved me. I'll never forget it, and I'm going to do all I can to be certain we never grow apart again." She walked back over to me, in just her panties and bra and gave me a big hug and a kiss on the cheek. "Thank you. I know I have the best brother in the world, and you are so much more than just a brother. I love you, Justin."

I hugged her back and gave her a kiss on the ear, and whispered, "I love you, too, Rosemary, and nothing is going to separate us now."

Stephie, who had gone ahead and changed into a light tee shirt said, "That koala is what finally made me madly in love with you too, Justin. When you gave it to Rosemary I was so jealous that she had someone who loved her that much, and I wanted you." She joined our hug, and whispered in my ear, "Nobody is ever going to be loved as much as I love you. You may be Rosie's, but you are mine, too, and we have agreed to share."

When we untangled I realized that while the hug had not been sexual in nature, nobody bothered to inform 'little Justin'. It was rapidly on its way to getting hard. As I unbuttoned and unzipped my jeans I watched as Rosemary released her bra, and then slid her panties down her legs. As she stepped out of them she grinned and said, "See what I mean?" By the time my jeans hit the floor I was all the way hard. Rosemary pulled a tee shirt over her head, and we all piled onto her king-sized bed, with me in the middle, and the two people I love most in the world snuggled on either side.

We talked for a few minutes about Susie and Michael, but then the conversation turned to the afternoon, and before I knew it I was alternately kissing Steph, then Rosemary, and back and forth. Hands were roaming here, there, and yonder, until suddenly I realized I no longer had my boxers on. Not that I minded, mind you. Stephanie slipped her tee shirt up until her breasts were freed and snuggled them on my chest and leaned in to whisper in my ear, "Justin, I love you. Will you please make love to me?"

Callicious
Callicious
1,841 Followers