Life Art

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
xelliebabex
xelliebabex
5,540 Followers

"You never wanted to follow your mother into the arts?" Kallah asked as they finally left the gallery.

"Good God, no," Mason chuckled. "My creativity lies in other directions. I seem to have been talking about myself all afternoon, Let's go grab a drink, and you can tell me all about you and how you followed in your parents footsteps." He continued to chuckle as she pulled a face at him.

Holding hands they crossed the street to a small wine bar and took a table on the sidewalk to enjoy the early evening breeze as the sun began to set. They ordered a bottle of a local variety and Kallah, quickly reached for her purse, "Let me get it," she smiled, "I've enjoyed this afternoon. Most people get impatient with me in galleries, so I owe you one for letting me take my time."

"Sure," he said, "I'll get dinner if we stay and you know somewhere close by that's good."

"That's not necessary," she smiled and saw a momentary flicker of disappointment cross his face, so she went on. "Maybe we could go down to the twilight markets and see if they have something yummy there to nibble on while we walk around? I mean if you don't have other plans."

"My night is wide open, so we don't have to do this polite dance. I am happy to follow your lead," Mason said brightly and picked up the bottle and glasses as she paid for it and poured them both a generous measure.

"I love the twilight markets here. They have such a good atmosphere," she smiled. "I still can't believe your mother is Patrice Gallagher. I saw her speak once when I was at college. She was so passionate about her art."

"Passionate is a good word. Probably better than some of the words I would use," he chuckled. "Enough about me and my crazy mother though, tell me something interesting about you?"

"I'm afraid I am very average and boring. I had a normal home and upbringing, well in this day and age. My parents divorced when I was about six, and both remarried. Amber is my step sister though we never lived in the same house. She was already out of school and out of home living her life by the time our parents got married. I never did great at school but didn't fail; I went to art school with grand ambitions and found that there were a lot of people with more talent and drive than me," she gave him a lop-sided smile.

"Art is in the eye of the critic. What some people love others hate," Mason shrugged. "I am sure you are talented or you would never have got into art school in the first place."

"I just want to know more, learn more, do more," she grinned, "It's why I want to go to the Lightning Ridge Summer Workshops so badly."

"Have you heard yet?" he asked thinking about what his mother had said.

"No, but it's a bit early, I should hear in the next month or so, going by last year," she sighed. "I suppose Amber told you that she thought I was crazy."

"Crazy people make the best artists as far as I can see," he laughed genuinely. "My mother is a prime example."

"She seems perfectly lovely to me. Sane, respectable but passionate about her style of art," Kallah defended the woman she didn't know and had only seen once in an auditorium full of art students.

" Amber has told me as much about you as she has obviously told you about me," Mason said seriously, "Which by the sound of things isn't much. I didn't even know you were sisters."

"We don't think of ourselves that way, more close friends," Kallah smiled, "I love her and her pushy ways. I would never have gone on a blind date normally, but I am glad she nagged me into a date a computer geek. You aren't exactly what I was expecting."

"Me too," Mason said genuinely enjoying Kallah's company. "I guess you were expecting a pocket protector and horn-rimmed glasses, something terribly stereotypical like that?"

"More like two hundred pounds and a large right forearm," she laughed as he spluttered the mouthful of wine he had taken. "Well, if you needed Amber to set you up on a date I had to wonder why."

"Well, I am new in town and I am not into loud bars or night clubs. I am too awkward to pick up a girl while doing the grocery shopping or on the bus to work, not that I take the bus," he seemed a little taken aback, but recovered with, "I guess I wondered the same thing about you. Why haven't you got someone in your life to stop Amber from setting you up on blind dates?"

"I'm fussy," she laughed and sat back in her chair with her glass of wine as if daring him to argue with her.

"Can't be too fussy, you're here with me aren't you," he laughed with her. She poked her tongue out at him and drained her glass of wine. They continued to banter through another glass of wine each talking about their lives and getting to know each other a little better.

Feeling relaxed and in a buoyant mood they walked hand in hand down to the parklands and the brightly lit kiosks of the twilight markets. They walked slowly, stopping often to look at the various displays. They found a small barbeque hut and got some chicken skewers to nibble on as they wandered through the myriad of brightly lit stalls.

Kallah became entranced with some beautiful handmade candles while Mason spent a lot of time talking with a garrulous old man who created puzzle boxes that appeared impregnable until the secret revealed itself. They barely noticed the passing of time as they moved through the rows of stalls until they finally broke free into the fresh air and walked back along the river bank back towards the gallery.

"Did you drive," Mason asked into the silence that had fallen between them.

"No, I hate parking in here. Amber said she could pick me up if I gave her a call. I hadn't realised we would be out so late though," she laughed. "This has been one of the better dates I have been on in a long time."

"I can take you home," he said lightly, then seeing her thoughtful expression added, "No ulterior motive, just a ride. It's only our first date after all."

"Okay, but it's our second date if you think about it. When do those sort of expectations kick in?" She teased.

"I believe there is a third date rule," he said seriously, "but then I am the socially inept computer geek your sister had to nag you into dating. So what do I know?"

"You're asking me, a fussy spinster?" Kallah laughed.

"You should call Amber and let her know you're fine, and then we can take our time walking back, and I will drive you home," Mason said guiding her to one of the benches that lined the river bank. He waited for her to dial the number and greet Amber before stepping a few feet away to give her some small amount of privacy. He could hear her laughing as she made a quick phone call and raised an eyebrow at her as she approached him after putting her phone away.

"She asked if you were coming back to see my sketches," she explained laughing lightly, "I told her you were such a gentleman you hadn't even tried to kiss me yet." Then she placed a hand on his cheek and leaned up to brush her lips over his. "Sometimes it's best to get that first one out of the way," she whispered and smiled.

"That was nice," he murmured, "But I am sure we can do better than that for a first kiss." A smile tugged at the corners of his mouth, and he lowered his mouth to hers again. Kallah closed her eyes feeling the strength of his arm holding her close and the slow kiss deepening as she parted her lips under his. It was like one of those movie moments where the girls' foot popped up except of course hers didn't in reality. Instead, she melted under the intensity of that one long slow kiss.

"Wow," she said a little breathlessly, happy that his arm had remained around her waist. "Better indeed." He grinned down at her before hugging her to him.

"This had been one of the better dates I have been on, so relaxed and enjoyable. Thank you, Kallah," he finally let her go but kept an arm around her waist as they began to walk again.

"I know what you mean," she smiled, "It's been easy just to be myself with you. I am glad we did this rather than going out to dinner or some typically awkward first date."

"We did the awkward dinner with Amber remember," he laughed. "You still owe me a dinner date though. When you got a bottle of wine, I said I would take you to dinner, and I don't think those skewers we had at the markets count."

"That would be nice," she smiled.

"Any preferences?" He asked.

"Well, as I took over today, with the gallery and markets, you can choose. I am not that fussy really. I would like to know more about what you like to do, unless of course, you really are an axe murder under all that gentlemanly charm. I am a bit squeamish about blood, and it takes forever to get it out of my clothes."

"There goes that idea then," he chuckled. "Okay, something with no blood, I think I can manage that if I have to. Anything else you're squeamish about, heights... bugs... snakes?"

"No, I can handle creepy crawlers if I can see them. Its only when bugs and spiders jump out unexpectedly I get a little worried," she laughed.

They continued to banter and laugh as they walked through the parking garage to his car. Mason opened her door for her but before she could slide into the seat, he pulled her into his arms again and kissed her deeply. Breaking the kiss he smiled down into her eyes and helped her into the car.

They drove back to Kallah's place talking about the city they lived in and where they both lived, which was surprisingly close considering the size of the city. Pulling up in front of her apartment block Mason got out and opened her door for her offering to walk her up.

"That's not necessary," she laughed.

"I don't want to ruin my gentlemanly reputation by leaving you here on the footpath like a stray cat," he took her hand and walked toward the building with Kallah shaking her head. At her door, he kissed her goodnight in a long deliciously slow melding of lips as he held her to him. He had a way of making her feel like a weak-kneed schoolgirl being kissed by her crush. She felt the fluttering butterflies in her tummy increase with the strength of his arms around her and his passionate kisses.

"So I'll pick you up tomorrow about three, we'll do something fun before dinner," he murmured into her ear as he hugged her close.

"Mmhmm," she mumbled not questioning that tomorrow was too soon for another date.

"Good," he kissed her lightly a last time, "Sweet dreams, Kallah."

"See you tomorrow," she smiled and he turned bounding back down the stairs.

*****

The following day they had gone zorbing. She had started to protest, but he had teased her into being strapped into a big ball and being flung down the hill. She loved the experience so much that they did it several times each before he took her to a tiny restaurant right on the beach that she had never heard about before but had the best seafood around. They had then taken a romantic walk along the beach before returning to his car for the trip back to the city. Once again he had been a gentleman leaving her at her door with the promise to call her the following day.

They spoke each day and went to a small gallery opening for a friend of his mother's together during that first week. The following weekend they had picnicked in the botanical gardens where they ran classic movies in a public open air arena. Once again throughout the weekend the chemistry had been electric between them but aside of the kisses and some chaste fondling it had gone no further. They spent Sunday rummaging around in the country style markets on the northern edge of the town.

The weekly lunch with her friends had been excruciating for her as they dissected her first dates on so many levels, and she had realised that the issue of his wealth had never come up. She paid for things they did just as he did and aside of the sports car he drove he was never showy about it. He treated her like a lady and there seemed to be no expectations about when she would sleep with him much to Donna's disgust.

"You have to sleep with him soon, if you're not compatible in bed then you will have wasted all this time on dating a dud when you could have been looking for someone who could rock your world," she had counselled Kallah.

"Well, judging by the kisses and well... stuff, I don't think that is going to be a problem," Kallah had blushed deeply and rolled her eyes at her friend. In her mind though, she wondered if she should test that theory this coming weekend. They had well over the obligatory three dates after all. She smiled to herself and considered how she would bring it up with him.

She decided she would make a move this weekend if he didn't, and considered whether she could suggest a weekend at home to him or maybe offer to cook for him on Friday night and see where it went from there. She called him after her lunch with her friends and smiled as she heard his happy greeting.

"Hello cutie. How was your lunch?" Mason had asked cheerfully

"Great thanks!" Kallah replied equally cheerfully. "I was wondering, would you like to have dinner at my place Friday night? We could rent a movie and have a quiet night in, just the two of us."

"Are you planning on getting me drunk and having your wicked way with me?" Mason chuckled.

"Maybe," she felt herself blush but it was what she wanted after all.

"That sounds wonderful, but there might be a slight hiccup to your plans to take advantage of me," he continued to laugh, "How about I pick you up after work this afternoon and explain it to you."

"Okay," she said dubiously and began to worry that he didn't find her attractive enough to sleep with her.

"Great. Pick you up around five thirty out the front," Mason hung up. If he had picked up on her tone, he hadn't shown it, and Kallah worried through the afternoon if he thought she had come across as too pushy or he didn't like her that way despite the passion of their kisses.

At five thirty, she was waiting outside auction house for which she worked. She heard his car before she saw it and smiled as she climbed in beside him and leaned over to kiss him.

"Where are we going?" Kallah asked as they pulled onto the freeway.

"My place," Mason said without looking for her.

"Oh," she was confused.

"There is something I have to show you before the weekend," he chuckled, "I am not planning on taking you up on your offer to get me drunk and take advantage of me, well, the afternoon." Kallah blushed and gave a small laugh. They pulled into the driveway of a well-kept house in a green leafy suburb that ran along the river. He rushed to open her car door for her and led her into the house through the back door.

It was remarkably clean and tidy for a bachelor's house she thought amused with her stereotypes of how bachelors lived, but she followed him through the kitchen to the living room where he guided her to the couch. She watched as he walked to an ornately carved chest and withdrew several albums before sitting beside her.

"You went to art school, so I know I don't have to explain this, but I feel like I should," Mason began sounding unsure of himself, "Naturalism as a style of art means being honest about a subject rather than idealising it."

"Yes realism. I did a paper on it," Kallah frowned wondering where this was going.

"Well, my mother and her friends tend to take the natural part of naturalism or realism a little more than most. Natural fibres, a natural diet, and being au natural," he smirked and handed her the top album. "This is my family, such as it is with assorted adopted aunts and uncles, etc...."

He sat back and watched her face as she opened the album and began slowly to turn the pages. She smiled after the initial shock, and he saw her linger over a photo in which he had posed. He wasn't embarrassed about it, but it felt odd. He had grown up around nudity; it was commonplace in his life and he thought little of it. For him, nudity was quite different and distinct from intimacy but he had found that very few of the women he had dated viewed it that way.

Mason like Kallah, and with her suggestion that perhaps it was time to become more intimate, he had decided to get this out in the open. Also, because he knew without a doubt in his mind that his mother would show up unexpectedly at the worst time to see a girl who was taking up so much of his free time and past girlfriends and not reacted well when confronted by his mother and her friends.

"These are wonderful," she finally whispered, "Whoever took them has a great eye." She held out her hand for the next album. "That's the first time I have heard nudism explained in terms of an art movement though," she grinned at him. "Has it ever worked for you before?"

"No," he said softly, "Mum and her friends usually scare away the girls I have dated. They can be a little over the top and pushy. Most girls think the nudist part is just weird, and more often than not too weird for them, but that eccentric bunch can be a little hard to deal with on a lot of levels." He took a deep breath realising he had made his point without having to say his heart had been broken more than once, and this was a major reason for it in his eyes.

"I've never dated anyone before who knew the difference," he chuckled, "I tend to stay away from those temperamental artistic types." She smacked his arm lightly and continued looking through the album.

"So you're telling me about this now because...?" She asked focusing on the photos.

"Well, you intimated that you wanted to move this relationship along so to speak, and I thought you should know what you're getting into," he shrugged. "If we visit there," he pointed to a photo of a large country house, "Clothes will be optional, and if mum comes here and I have no doubt she will sooner rather than later she won't bother covering up much here at home."

"I see," she looked up at him. "I modelled for a life art class once. I think nudity isn't as shocking as it used to be." She wasn't sure about how she felt about visiting the home of a nudist, but it certainly didn't change the fact that she liked being with Mason a lot and wanted to see where it went from here. She didn't have hang-ups about her body, so it didn't bother her that much."

"So you aren't going to make polite excuses to leave now and then not return my calls because my home life is a bit dodgy?" Mason asked seriously making Kallah burst out laughing.

"Were you hoping to scare me away with this little disclosure? You're going to have to do better than that of you plan to give me the brush off. Subtleties don't work on me," she continued to laugh.

He grabbed her then, taking her in his arms and kissing her deeply and murmuring, "You had your chance and didn't take it, now you're stuck with me."

"Until you run away from my crazy family," she grinned and leaned in to kiss him again.

Wrapping his arms around her, he kissed her gently but passionately once again. Kallah wrapped her arms around his shoulders matching his kiss with her own their tongues rolling in a delicious dance with each other. He pressed forward until she lay back on the couch, her head resting on the well-padded arm. Mason kissed down her neck and torso as he unbuttoned her shirt leaning back slightly as he peeled it to the sides revealing a pale pink satin and lace bra holding up her generous breasts.

Manoeuvring his hand beneath her to work at the clasp, he lowered his head to the soft flesh of the tops of her breasts kissing lightly there. The tight band of material holding the bra in place finally came free, and he pushed it up and exposed her chest fully to him. He took his time exploring each nipple, sucking them between his lips into his mouth and rolling his tongue around them sending tendrils of pleasure through Kallah. She closed her eyes and arched her back enjoying the sensation as he lowered his hands to begin to remove her tight pencil skirt without her getting up.

xelliebabex
xelliebabex
5,540 Followers