Life Art

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I want to go to the workshop because I am good enough to get in on talent, not because my boyfriend nagged his mother into putting on a workshop for me," she shook her head disappointedly. "Why would you do that?" her voice was scornful and accusing, "You just assumed I wouldn't get in?"

"I didn't mean it like that, shit, I am just trying to help you because I love you, and you keep on throwing it back at me like an insult. I can't believe I told you all that stuff, and you are still acting like the wounded party here. I give up. I've apologised and explained, and you haven't listened to anything I said properly. Maybe you were right... Fuck it, just forget it. I'm done," For the first time in years he had lost his temper with a girlfriend, "You're good enough. I know it. Your friends know it. You just have to believe it. You don't need validation from some horny old prick to make it so. You don't need validation from anyone if it's what you truly love to do!" He got up and walked to the door.

"You couldn't even see what I was trying to tell you. Call me if you ever work it out," he left leaving her speechless with tears in her eyes.

"I love you too," she whispered at the closed door.

*****

Kallah hadn't called him the following two days. Instead, she had dragged herself through her work days and poured her misery into her art. She missed his presence in her daily life, but she didn't want to give up her dream of going to Lightning Ridge either. He hadn't exactly said, don't go, but he may as well have with his long story and worries about it. She could look after herself; she didn't need him watching over her and telling her what to do.

He had said he loved her, and she believed she loved him but, she wanted to go, and she wanted him to be happy about it and she knew he never could be. Her mind flipped between missing him and acknowledging that she did indeed love him, to righteous indignation that he more or less said that she had been offered the weekend workshop because she you young and pretty rather than because of her talent. She was miserable, and she lay in bed late on Saturday morning replaying their fight in her mind again and trying to convince herself that it was for the best she found out how he really felt before it went any further.

She heard her door open and sat up bolt upright in bed, relaxing only as she heard Amber call out, "Tell me you aren't still in bed, it's almost lunchtime for God's sake." Kallah groaned and pulled the blankets up over her head. She could hear Amber rustling about in the other room, and she finally got up and walked out with a scowl on her face.

"This is a bit more of Mason than I ever expected to see," Amber held up a pastel chalk drawing that Kallah had spent the night working on. "It seems he has more assets than I thought or did you take artistic licence with that part of his anatomy."

"Jealous?" Kallah growled snatching the picture from Amber's hand.

"Not at all, a bit miffed that you didn't call me and tell me something was up though," she turned and took in the mess around her. "He isn't faring much better. He has been positively awful at work. So spill it," she commanded, "You know you want to tell me, may as well get it out of the way."

Kallah let everything out, coming home early after their lunch on Wednesday, finding the letter and her excitement, his reaction and her hanging up on him. Amber just let her talk it out as it ran through her mind. She heard about the uncle and story of his parents that seemed somehow disjointed from the rest of the story.

"Then he said he loved me, and if I ever worked out what he was saying to call him. I am not stupid I can see he was telling me not to go without saying it outright. It was just so weird, he said he was sorry and to go, and then he would warn me about... urg, it doesn't matter I am going. I accepted and paid the fee for the weekend workshop."

"Have you still got the letter?" Amber asked suddenly.

"Of course and an email acknowledging my acceptance and placement in the workshop," Kallah got up and rifled through a basket of mail to locate the letter, "See it's all official or are you going to tell me I am not talented enough to get in as well."

"Did he ever actually say that? Or is that your interpretation?" She looked at the letter and narrowed her eyes at Kallah, "You know you do that a lot assume you know what people are saying and not listen to anything they really are saying. I asked to see the letter not because I don't believe you got in, not because I don't think you have enough talent but because of this," she pointed at the signature on the bottom.

"Now I only got your side of the story and didn't hear all the details I am sure he gave you but it didn't take a genius to work out that his uncles orgy-fest was, in fact, at Lightning Ridge. Why else would he have reacted like that, why else would he have continued to try and warn you after apologising and trying to make it better? If he didn't care so much about you, he would have just let you go and find out for yourself rather than risk another argument."

Kallah stared at the bottom of the letter, Paul Vaughn, Arts Council Chairman, Lightning Ridge. "His last name isn't Vaughn its Bell," she said knowing as she said it that it was a weak argument.

"For such a smart girl, sometimes you can be remarkably dumb," Amber shook her head. "The first thing you thought of when I asked for the letter was that I didn't believe you got into that school. When have I ever doubted that you would eventually? I may not have liked the amount of money it cost, but I never doubted you would. I didn't deserve that, and if you were that quick to judge Mason, I guess he didn't deserve a lot of the things you said to him either."

"Well, it's too late now I should have called him but I didn't because I didn't understand. He should have just told me, not given me a long winded story," she clung to the last shreds of righteousness she could. "I'm still going," she straightened her shoulders, "I can look after myself, I am not that dumb and naive."

"Right at this moment I am finding that hard to believe," Amber gave her a hard look. "Now the only way I will be happy about you going is if he goes with you, so find your phone and call him and tell him what a dumb ass you have been."

"I can't, I just..." Kallah looked lost, "I've left it too late."

"It's never too late. You obviously love him," she indicated the pictures and sketches littering the room, "He has said as much to you. What's your problem? Why can't you admit you were wrong and say that you're sorry?"

"I don't know what to say," she admitted.

"Be a grown up for once and just be honest. You're not at school anymore Kallah. You can't be the over-emotional drama queen anymore. What's the worst that can happen?" Amber began searching the counter top and table for Kallah's phone.

"He can tell me I am too high maintenance and to leave him alone," Kallah finally admitted to herself that she didn't want it to be over. Lying in bed that morning she had still allowed her assumptions to feed the hurt she felt and convince herself that she was better off moving on. Here with Amber as the voice of reason though, she knew she loved him and wanted to work it all out with him.

"I sincerely doubt that will happen. He has been such a sad sack the last two days at work." Amber encouraged her. "Now where is your phone."

"I have it on charge, what about all that stuff you and Louise said at lunch about giving up my dreams for someone else," Kallah said plaintively.

"He's proven the opposite hasn't he. He said he would ask his mother to organise a master class for you if you wanted it so badly," Amber called after her, "Or are you worried that you aren't good enough and trying to blame everyone else for your insecurities?"

"I am good enough I am going to this weekend workshop aren't I?" Kallah shouted angrily.

"Then stop worrying what everyone else thinks and do what you need to do for god's sake. If I listened to everyone else I never would have married Bryan, and that's the best thing I ever did," Amber shouted back at her. "At least you won't have that problem if mother ever meets Mason, shit, he will be treated like royalty." She rolled her eyes dramatically.

"Now who's being a drama queen," Kallah said scornfully. "Everyone loves Bryan."

"Yeah now, but it wasn't always that way," she smiled lopsidedly. "Honey isn't better that we care too much than not care at all. No one wants to stop you following your dreams, but it wouldn't hurt to listen to some advice now and then instead of taking it all as criticism." She hugged Kallah and looked at her seriously, "Call him, you know you have to, if only to apologise for not hearing what he was trying to tell you, because you were too wrapped up in what you wanted to do."

"Couldn't I just text him?" Kallah delayed.

"I give up," Amber fished in her bag and pressed a few buttons, "Hi Mason? Yeah, it's Amber; Kallah wants to apologise for being a dumbass, hang on," she held out the phone to Kallah who gave her a murderous look while taking the phone.

"Hi, I understand now," she said quietly shaking her head at Amber's frown of disapproval.

"That's not an apology but I will let you get away with it as long as there is great makeup sex coming my way." Kallah could hear the amusement in Mason's voice and smiled. She should have known he would make it easy for her, but she had to tell him what was on her mind first.

"Well, that depends on how you react to the fact that I am still going. I will just be careful and more aware than I might have otherwise been thanks to you," she blurted quickly and held her breath.

"I knew you would still be going. All I wanted was for you to know what you were going to, I didn't want you to get in a bad scene," he said seriously.

"I realise that now," she admitted. "Amber had to take a bludgeon to my ego for a little while for it to sink in, but I get it. I understand what you were saying," she let herself smile.

"I'll be over soon so you can to make it up to me?" he said in a low voice.

"Yes," she giggled, "Just give me time to get rid of Amber and cleanup a little."

"Okay, I will count to ten and then I will leave," he laughed and hung up.

"I guess he is on his way over," Kallah couldn't keep the smile from her face.

"Now thank me and ask me nicely to help you clean up this mess," Amber smirked holding up the nude Kallah had drawn of Mason. "I am not sure he would like me to have seen this."

"I somehow doubt he is that shy," Kallah laughed but began gathering things and stacking them on the table with her art supplies. After a several minutes cleaning she suddenly realised how she looked and gave a cry of dismay, making Amber look up at her.

"I look dreadful. I can't do this now," panic began to rise in her voice.

"Go shower, I'll just clean these few cups and straighten up the last little bits," Amber offered.

"Thank you Amber," Kallah ran her hands through her tangled hair, "For everything."

"You're welcome, but one day you will have to put aside that stubborn pride of yours and admit you were wrong on your own," she laughed.

"I know but until then I have you right?" She hugged the best friend she had ever had, grinned and scooted off to the shower.

"For now," Amber called after her.

Kallah stopped briefly in her bedroom and pulled the bed together and rushed about picking up clothes from the floor. Finally satisfied, though not happy, she stepped into the shower, leaning forward, her hands pressed against the front wall of the cubicle. She closed her eyes letting the hot water cascade down over her head and body.

She heard the shuffle of the shower curtain and felt the presence of someone beside her, watching her. "Good morning," Mason said. "It just so happens that I was on my way over here when you called," She could hear the amusement in his voice without looking up. "Amber is letting herself out."

"Morning," she replied, hearing the rustle of his clothes as he began to disrobe. She still had not looked up at him feeling guilty for their argument after her talk with Amber. "I'll be out in a minute," she mumbled the cascading water taking her voice with it.

"That's okay I will join you. It's perfect finding you all wet and waiting for me," he chuckled. "This is a wonderful way to start making it up to me," he slid in behind her, "Just stay right where you are." Kallah felt the familiar excited butterflies fill her belly as he stood close without touching her.

Moments later she felt his hands on her head, massaging her scalp and temples. He was right behind her, their bodies barely touching. He reached up and unhooked the showerhead, so it dangled on its hose, spraying into the bottom of the cubicle. He took her shampoo and began to lather up her hair, massaging her head again again. She murmured appreciatively.

He first massaged the shampoo into the top of her head, then, with both hands on either side of her head; he massaged back from her temples, behind her ears and down to her neck. He worked his hands back up to her temples, retracing the same route. He reached for the showerhead. Holding it in one hand, he used the other gently to massage and rinse the shampoo from her hair. Once the last of the lather slid down the drain, he turned the streaming hot water on her body.

He aimed the hot water at the base of her neck, and then he swept it from left to right then back again, working slowly out over each arm then back to her neck. He started down her back, lower and lower with each pass. Her eyes still shut; she concentrated on the hot water splashing and streaming down her body, shoulder blades first, then middle back and finally her lower back. It was like a deep massage for her.

He had concentrated on her lower back for a few moments before he resumed his spraying back and forth again down over her ass, across the backs of her thighs and calves, down to her feet. Alternating again, he applied the hot water to her calves, thighs and ass once more in sweeping strokes, standing up as he did finally to redo her back. The water stopped and was once more spraying the bottom of the cubicle. Her skin felt alive, and her body tingled with pleasure. The soft, clean smell of soap reached her as he began to lather up a washcloth. He began to bathe her, starting with her right arm, which, along with her left, remained firmly on the front wall of the shower.

He rubbed the soapy cloth up her arm to her shoulder then kneaded it back down to her hand, completely covering her arm in rich, aromatic suds. He repeated this on her left arm and then concentrated on her neck and back. She felt the soft cloth slide back and forth over her shoulders; his fingers following close behind, massaging and rubbing, releasing her tension. She tilted her head back slightly, breathing deeply, her mind following the washcloth lower and lower on her back, accompanied by his dancing fingers. He began to knead and massage her ass as he continued his journey toward her feet. He treated each leg individually, the top of her thigh, then behind her knee, lower to her calf and finally her ankle, then starting at the other ankle, all the way up to the top of her thigh.

Her body was awake and alive, and finally, she stood at his prompting to face him, following his instructions to keep her eyes closed. Not being able to see him she focused instead on the hot steam, the aroma of the soap and the feel of his hands on her body. She felt his hand on her face tracing her eyes and nose, then her cheekbones, lips and chin. The soft cloth continued to apply the lather in small circles over her face, until he tilted her head back, and gently wiped the cloth over the delicate lines of her neck. With the utmost care, he rinsed the soapy film from her face and neck before moving on.

He was mapping her body, seeking out every nuance and curve, watching the way the water and soapy bubbles cascaded down her body. His hands and the cloth went then to her chest, just above her breasts, making long strokes back and forth from the shoulder to shoulder. He held the cloth in the middle of her chest just above her breasts and squeezed it, releasing a rich stream of soapsuds. He watched as the suds slid between her breasts, traveling slowly at first, gravity adding speed. They slithered down her stomach, just to the left of her navel, hitting the top of her thigh. There the suds slipped between her legs and travelled the rest of the way to the floor on the inside of her left leg.

He squeezed the cloth again, this time over each breast, depositing a healthy dollop of suds. She felt his hand delicately spread the suds out, his fingers dancing around her erect nipples massaging her breasts. Her body was tingling again but along with a noticeable quiver now. He spent some time enjoying the feel of the firm mounds of flesh and the hard nubs that almost begged for his touch. He heard her small whimper when he took his hands way making him smile.

He lathered the washcloth once more and returned to her body, starting just below her breasts on the top of her stomach. He washed in circles, around and around, feeling her feminine contours and working his way down, his free hand following close behind. The lower he got on her stomach, the smaller the circles he made. Her breath was beginning to shorten as he neared her pussy, the anticipation starting to take over. He reached her abdomen, just above her pussy, and then he stopped, eliciting another small whimper.

Her eyes flickered and looked into his face for a moment before he shook his head, "Not yet, close your eyes and relax," he said in a low seductive voice which only made her hotter.

He switched to her left thigh, starting high on her leg, washing up and down from the top to her knee on the outside working in, his freehand mirroring the washcloth. As he neared her inner thigh, she involuntarily opened her legs, her pussy already beginning to throb. The cloth slid up and down, barely brushing against her lips before sliding back down to her knee. He moved down to her calf, her body aching, wanting more. He bathed her calf and then washed her ankle.

She steadied herself with a hand on his shoulder as he picked up her foot and massaged and bathed it. He splashed water on it to rinse off the soap to avoid her slipping. Still steadying herself, she lifted her right foot so that he could begin his soapy ascent up her right leg. He lathered up her calf, working his way toward her thigh. He started on the outside once more, long strokes from her knee to the top of her thigh. She opened her legs more as the cloth rode up and down her inner thigh, just brushing her soft pussy lips.

Her eyes still closed she felt him standing in front of her. He placed the washcloth just above her pussy and with simple wrist movements he began to wash her pussy, sliding the cloth deep between her legs then back up to her lower stomach. She felt herself rocking her hips opposite to the motion of the cloth, rubbing hard against his hand as he moved back and forth and then he stopped. Her knees buckled a little when he removed his hand; she had been pressing into it so hard in her need.

She stood there waiting, breathing hard and then she felt the soft hot spray of the shower on her chest. He rinsed her off, spraying back and forth, the water and soap cascading down her body, heading to the drain. He rinsed each breast individually his freehand caressing and playing. She felt his mouth intermittently covering each nipple, licking and sucking them, sending tingling chills up her spine. He sprayed and rinsed her stomach, pausing briefly over her pussy before continuing over the tops of her thighs, down her legs to her feet.