Orc Bait 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Anger flashed in King Farquads' eyes as well, "Enough! We will have no more of your lies. These are dark times, the war against the Idossi to the East is not going well. My treasury is being eroded by this orc bounty and yet the green bastards are still invading my land and terrorising my people. The citizens need to have confidence in their King, now more than ever. I don't need a has-been adventurer trying to plant seeds of perfidiousness and doubt in their ruler in order to stroke her own ego." He looked over at Herneis, who was standing back with the guards, "What do you have to say for yourself scribe?"

"Forgive me, Your Majesty. I was just doing as I was commissioned to do. I thought it was just an adventure story, it didn't occur to me that it might be considered in such a way."

"As a work of treason? We shall have all copies of the book destroyed, and I will have the stationers' guild see to your punishment. Do not let this happen again scribe."

"Yes, Your Majesty, of course, Your Majesty."

He looked back at me with his shifty brown eyes. I was seething, and I was trying to think-- what would Sierra say? "I'm sorry if the book didn't paint you in a positive light, your grace. That was not my intention. I never meant you harm or ill-will." Not entirely true, it was his refusal to listen that got my friends killed, and now he refused to even acknowledge the sacrifice they made.

He just looked down at me with contempt, "It is your actions that you are accountable for, not your intentions. I will take your past heroics into account, but you need to be punished for your treason."

He sat back down on the throne and stroked his beard, "For your attempts to make me look like a fool, I think a little public humiliation is fitting. Take her to the pillory in the market square. We'll see what the people of this city think of one who tries to spread lies about their beloved King."

"How long is she to stay there, your grace?" asked the guard next to me.

"Until I say she can go. Now get her out of here, we've wasted too much time on this matter already."

Sent to the pillory? Shit! My head was spinning as I was taken out of the audience chamber. I knew our King was an Asshole, but I didn't see this coming. I had my fleeting moment of joy as I held my book in my hands, now things had turned to shit. Would Sierra have been able to talk her way out of it? I didn't matter now. I was furious.

I was being marched through the streets again, toward the market square. I had seen pillories and stocks in just about all town centres, sometimes with people in them. I usually paid them no mind.

I knew the pillory could be either a mild punishment or a severe one, depending on a number of factors; the elements, the public, how much the detainee was tended to. But the most important factor was time. A few hours in the pillory is nothing, but a particularly cruel lord can leave a man in there for days or weeks until he perishes. The King didn't specify how long I would be in there, and that had me worried. Just how mad was the King with me for inadvertently hurting his ego?

The markets were in a large open area in the West of the city. Market stalls were lined up in ordered rows, where merchants were selling a variety of goods. Several shops lined perimeter of the square. Many people were going about their business, mostly humans of various races. I could also see a few dwarven merchants selling their wares.

I was marched through the markets and saw the pillory ahead on a square wooden platform that raised around a foot off the ground. It was actually two pillories side by side, three sturdy wooden posts with the strong wooden boards between them, a large hole in center and two smaller holes on either side.

We stopped at the platform and one of the guards began unlocking the boards. I was drawing plenty of curious glances from the people around us. The pillory wasn't central in the market square, it was around the back, in front of a tanner shop. It was still in a public area though. The guard got it open and lifted up the thick board. "Come on, get up here."

I was pushed forward, up onto the platform. My heart was beating faster and a feeling of dread had settled into the pit of my stomach. I had been in bondage before--when I was captured and gangraped by orcs, and again in Aerowyns' bed, and lying in a summoning circle waiting to be raped by a tentacle demon. Being left helpless and vulnerable always carried the risk of ending very badly.

The holes for my head and hands were in front of me, around the height of my breasts. "Go on, get in it." ordered the guard.

"Uh, how long am I going to be here?" I asked hesitantly.

"For as long as the King says. Now get in there."

There was really no way out of it, and I was scared. I reluctantly stepped forward and put my head and hands into the grooves of the lower board. The guard dropped the top board down over my neck and locked it into place. I was hunched over so that my back was arched and my ass stuck out behind me. It was an uncomfortable position; designed to be that way.

I looked forward and there were many sets of eyes staring at me. Several people gathered around to watch. The guard who locked me in place stuck a piece of parchment on the board over my head and then spoke out to the crowd in a loud, clear voice, "The condemned; Rohme Walker, has been sentenced to the pillory by our lord; King Farquad the second, for the crime of libellous treason. Spreading lies about the King."

The crowd stood silent, just watching. Then the group of city guards turned and marched off again, back toward the castle.

Several people moved closer as I stood there hunched over with my head and hands locked in the wooden boards. "Fresh pillory meat," said a dirty-looking young man, smiling. "She's not bad lookin'."

A plump, older lady in a brown dress and felt hat looked into my eyes, "Spreading lies about the King, eh? What did you say...that he's tall and handsome?"

Another man chuckled next to her, "Or maybe you said he's a competent ruler, that he's capable of wiping his own ass."

"I just didn't tell his version of the truth." I said.

"That stupid little Royal Twat!" said the woman.

"Careful." said an old man nearby.

She just smiled at him and turned and spoke up, "Leave this one alone, she's all right." She turned back to me, "Rohme is it?"

"Yes, and you are...?"

"Joan Fretta." She reached forward and took hold of my hand. "I have a fruit stall just over there, you let me know if you need anything dear."

"Thank you Joan, I appreciate that."

"Stay strong dear, you'll be all right." Then she walked back over to her stall. The people around me soon lost interest and walked away too. Well at least I wasn't going to get pelted.

I pushed against the pillory, it was sturdy, and the top board was fastened securely. My hands were unable to slip back through the holes. It was certainly an uncomfortable position, hunched over like that, and I knew the longer I stayed there--the more uncomfortable it would get.

I had spent four days trapped in a small dark space under a huge pile of rubble. I had been captured and abused by a horde of savage orcs. I had been ravaged and defiled by a monstrous tentacle demon summoned from the depths of hell. Discomfort I could handle. It was the overwhelming feeling of uncertainty and the vulnerability that I couldn't stand.

I could turn my head and see either side of me, but I hated that I couldn't see behind me. In front of me were several market stalls selling various produce. I could just see the castle looming over the buildings to my left. Some distance ahead of me was a fairly busy road that ran parallel to the river and met up with the bridge road.

It was around midday. The sun was beating down on me, but the gentle breeze coming in from the bay meant I didn't get too hot. My nose itched, and it was driving me mad that I couldn't scratch it.

The marketplace was quite busy as people came in for lunch. It seemed that everyone was interested in me, and I found it difficult getting used to all the staring. Some people would stand in front of me and read the parchment and make comments, but nobody was hostile toward me. Mostly they were just curious, and I was picking up a lot of negative sentiment toward the King.

I was watching the people as much as they were watching me. I noticed a stocky young dark-haired man walking past the stalls and I recognised his face; one of the thugs that approached me at the docks, the one called Wilks. He looked over and I could tell he recognised me as well. "Hey Sticky, look over here!" I heard him call out. Oh shit!

The short thin blonde thug soon appeared before me. He had a wide grin on his face as he looked me over. "Hey, it's bow girl...Rohme, right? Row-me down the river. This is your better things to do, eh? Been gettin' into a bit of trouble. What did you do?"

I just looked at him coldly.

"Don't worry, I can read." He stepped forward and examined the parchment over my head. "Sss...sp..spree...spread...spreading...lllllll...li...legs?"

Wilks laughed next to him, "Ha, who ya been spreading your legs for that got you in trouble?"

"It's lies." I said angrily.

"Nah, it's written right there," said Sticky.

"It says spreading lies about the King, you knob!"

"Ha, right. You been goin' and upsettin' little King Fuckwit. That aint too bright now, is it?"

"Maybe she wanted to be put in the pillory," said Wilks. "She's a kinky little bitch who's into that sort of thing."

Sticky laughed, "Yeah, probably." He reached forward and stroked my cheek, "So, you wanna hang out with us now baby? We can still have plenty of fun."

"Don't touch me, Asshole!"

"Come on baby, touching can be fun." He smiled as he got closer and reached under the boards and got a firm hold of my breasts with both hands. "Hoo yeah, nice big tits!" Wilks had moved around behind me and I could feel his hands roughly grab my ass through my leather pants. I could do nothing but protest as they groped me.

Suddenly a piece of fruit was hurled into Stickys' back and the juice splattered everywhere, "Aaaah hey!" cried out the thug, turning around.

"Leave her alone Sticky Gabbel, you depraved scum-bag," called out Joan.

Sticky scowled at her, "You'll pay for that, you dried-up old hag! Yer just jealous no one would wanna touch you." He got hold of my tits again and continued to lewdly grope them.

"I'm going to get the guard," said the old woman, striding off.

"Stupid fat bitch!" said Wilks as he rubbed his hand up between my legs and over my crotch. His touch sent tingling pulses through me. I tried to kick my legs back but only hit the air. His hands then moved around in front of my pants and started fumbling at the laces. Sticky began roughly squeezing my tits, and it hurt. I grit my teeth in anger as he laughed at me.

People were gathering around and watching the two men molesting me. No one was moving to stop them. I felt Wilks undoing the front of my pants, he dug his fingers into the waistband and yanked them down, along with my panties. "No, you Prick!" I called out as my bare ass was exposed. He left my pants down just below my ass and laughed as he gave it a few hard slaps. He then went back to groping the fleshy cheeks.

"Hey, you there! Stop that!" I heard someone call out.

"Ah, shit, it's a red," said Wilks.

Sticky quickly stepped back and stroked my cheek, "Damn it! We'll see you around Bitch!"

The two men ran off as the city guard appeared. "You get back here Sticky, there's another pillory right here for you."

Some of the men had moved around behind me to get a view of my naked butt. "Hehe, that's a cute brown ass!" I heard one of them comment. My face was hot and my heart was thumping. It wasn't just anger, my pussy tingled and pulsed and was quite wet. My body had responded to the unwanted attention and was highly aroused. That just made me more embarrassed.

"Get out of here, all of you!" called the guard as he approached me. He got behind me and pulled my pants back up again. "Are you all right?" he asked as he was doing up the laces.

"...yeah." I tried to steady my breathing. My wet pussy still tingled and demanded attention. There were men all around me, looking at me with lust filled eyes. I unwillingly imagined them as big strong naked orcs, with their fat green cocks jutting out in front of them. I tried to shake the dirty thoughts from my mind and regain control of myself.

"That Sticky is a real trouble-maker. I'll make sure he and his lackey will pay for this when I get hold of him." He stepped around in front of me. He was wearing the silver armour and red cape of the city guard, and had a longsword at his hip.

He was a tall man in his fifth decade, with short dark hair under his helmet, brown eyes and a thin dark moustache. He was quite attractive, I could imagine him mounting me and... no, I needed to control myself.

The crowd of people gathered around me soon dispersed. The city guard seemed to watch me with curiosity and read the parchment over my head, "Spreading lies about the King. Looks like you've been upsetting the wrong people."

"So it would seem." I replied.

"What's your name?"

"Rohme. What's yours?"

"Private Ludwich. How long have they put you in there for?"

"I have no idea. Do you get people in the pillory very often?"

"It's not uncommon. I sometimes put petty thieves, vandals, drunks and the like in there for the day. The King sentences people there now and then, usually those caught speaking out against him, or those he suspects of conspiracy."

"How long do they have to stay here?"

"It Varies, usually no more than a few days."

"A few days?! Shit!"

"Do you have anyone to look after you?"

"No."

"I'll keep an eye out for you. It's my duty to protect the people of this city, even those sentenced to the pillory."

"But what about night time? People don't get left in the pillory overnight do they? I'll be taken to a cell or something?"

He looked down at me grimly, "There are guards patrolling the city at night."

"But they won't be watching over me all the time. I'll be fair game, you saw what those guys were doing to me. I can't be left out here like this."

"You were sent to the pillory as punishment."

"And that punishment involves being raped?!"

"The King knows what it involves. "

"I thought you said it was your duty to protect the people of this city."

"Yes, but I get off duty before sunset, then I have a wife to take care of."

"Listen, I have money stored away that I collected from orc bounties. I'll give you one thousand gold if you stay and guard me through the night."

He looked at me sceptically, "Right, next you will be offering more gold to help you escape, then you would slit my throat because you don't have it. I prefer not to listen to the promises of those in desperate situations."

"I won't ask you to free me, and I will get you the money. I swear it, on my honour as a ranger."

"You're a ranger?"

"I used to be."

"Hmph, I'll make sure nothing happens to you while I'm on duty Miss Rohme." Then he turned and walked away.

Joan Fretta walked up to me, "Are you okay dear?"

"Yeah, thank you for your help Joan."

She held a copper cup up to my lips and I drank the water down, "That Good-for-nothin' Sticky Gabbel. Never done an honest days work in his life. Always looking for an opportunity to take from others. The sooner they lock him away in a dark cell the better, I say."

"Under normal circumstances I would be able to handle that kind of scum no problem."

"What were you talking to ol' Ardy about?"

"Ardy?"

"Private Ludwich."

"Oh, that I may be left in here for the night. I need protection. He refused."

A look of concern crossed her face, "Oh, I see. Apple?" She took the cup away and held the red apple to my face. I took a bite, the fruit was crisp and fresh and tasted good, yet I hated the humiliation of having to be fed like an animal. "You're right dear, you do need someone to watch your ass. I'd do it myself, but I'm not likely to be much of a deterrent. I'll talk to Ardy. I know his mother and I have known him since he was a little boy. He's a good man, he'll come around, don't worry."

I swallowed down my mouthful of apple, "Thank you Joan. Do you have a husband? Children?"

"My husband was killed fifteen years ago. I have three sons, all of them off fighting in the Kings' stupid war. My market stall keeps me busy enough to not be worryin' all the time."

"Well I'm lucky that you're here to watch over me."

She smiled down at me as I took another bite of the apple, "You're a good person Rohme, I can tell. Good people are rare treasures in this world."

I finished off the apple and drank down the water Joan offered, and I got her to scratch my nose, which offered some relief. She went back to her stall nearby and I was left standing there alone again with my head and hands stuck between the two boards.

I observed the activity in the marketplace as the hours crawled by. I was still attracting stares and comments from people as they went past. "Lies about the King? Did you say he was tall and handsome?" was getting to be quite a common joke.

I was shifting my weight on my feet and stretching out my legs regularly, but I could still feel the muscles gradually tightening and becoming more sore. My back was hurting and gettin worse, I yearned to be able to stand up straight again. The hunched over position was horrible, and made worse by my large breasts that hung underneath me. I could walk all day, for days on end, but standing still in this awkward position was getting to me. How can people be kept like this for days?

I was facing east toward the river, so the sun was behind me. I noticed the shadows change as the sun slowly drifted down toward the horizon. I remembered what Sierra told me, that the sun wasn't moving at all, our world was moving in relation the sun. Devout Felorans would call such ideas blasphemy, but I believed her. She knew so much about everything.

Night time was when our part of the world turned away from the great ball of fire and we sat in its shadow. I was anxious about what night time would bring.

I watched Private Ludwich come back around, patrolling the market square. He was stopping and talking briefly with various people. I watched and hoped as he stopped and talked with Joan. If she didn't talk him round I didn't know what I could do.

I didn't have any friends in this city, besides Joan. My party had saved this city, and the entire Kingdom, yet no one seemed to care. I thought my book could be a means to change that, but it turned out all my efforts were for nothing, and only got me into deep trouble. As a stood there in bondage I pondered that if I had the opportunity to save the Kingdom again, would I bother?

The city guard soon approached me again, and I was hopeful. He stood in front of me and held up the copper cup, "From Joan." he said as he put it to my lips and I drank the water down. When I stopped drinking, I looked up at him expectantly, "Your money is good? The thousand gold?" he asked.

"Yes."

"If the King lets you go."

"I didn't do anything wrong."

"That doesn't matter. When I make my report at the end of my shift, I will say that the public have been giving you a hard time. Perhaps the King will be satisfied with that and you'll be taken out. But I wouldn't count on it. So I will return at sunset and guard you for the night." He let out a loud sigh, "My wife won't like it, but if there's a payment of gold involved, that will help smooth things over. Is this acceptable?"

"Yes, acceptable, thank you sir." He reached forward and got hold of my right hand in an impromptu handshake.