Saving You Saving Me

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

After that things calmed down as the two shared their lives with each other. It was another two weeks before they had to be at court for the arraignment hearing. Kelly's arm had almost completely healed and without knowing it, the two women became comfortable with the little innocent strokes and caresses that passed between them during the day.

From that night on, they agreed that they would share the bed. No sense in being ungracious about things, they thought. Honestly, it wouldn't be the first time for either of them, where they had to share a bed with another female. Neither one of them mentioned, that more often than not, they always woke up cuddled together.

Kelly was tired of hiding and was glad when they got into her Mustang and headed to the office. She escorted Sue into the Lt. Woods office. Once they closed the door, the LT gave them the bad news.

"When we are done at court, the AG's office is issuing a witness warrant on Miss McClellan. They want her in their custody until the trial. We haven't been able to find out who put the ticket on your heads yet, but from what Ross has been able to find out, they're looking hard for both of you."

"Well looking isn't finding." Kelly shot to her supervisor. "Why don't we keep Sue Ellen? If they haven't found my hole yet, they never will." Kelly asked looking the frightened face of her friend and charge.

"It's out of my hands. I've been out voted and out ranked. We'll escort Miss McClellan to the court and from then on, she's out of our hands. Sackett, you can leave your car here. No one but us knows about it. Everyone knows about your Harley, bring that. I want to see that slimy attorneys face when you ride up on it. Ross can bring our guest in the Escalade."

Kelly hated leaving Sue at the cop shop, but she knew better than to buck her boss when she got that look on her face. An hour later they were all ready. The LT took her BMW, Kelly took her Harley and Delmar followed in Patty's Escalade. They left Sue Ellen's pick in Kelly's mustang for safe keeping.

Kelly loved riding her Fatboy, but she was uneasy for some reason. She kept looking back at Delmar's car to make sure it was there. She was glad she decided to bring her twin glocks and badge. She felt she just might need them. She would always thank herself for that forethought.

They pulled up in front of the court house and Kelly hadn't even killed the motor on her Hog when the two cars pulled up behind her. She carefully pulled off her riding gloves and waited to take off her helmet. That again, saved her life. As soon as Sue Ellen stepped out of the SUV, Kelly noticed a familiar face. It was the fourth man at the bus stop. She watched as he motioned with his hand and her stomach dropped. Kelly flipped up her dark windshield and yelled at Sue Ellen.

"It's him! RUN!" At the sound of her voice, the man looked over at Kelly and she saw the look of shock on his face. That was the second she needed. She yanked out a glock and fired as she revved her bike. Time slowed as she watched her supervisor and partner respond. She heard the squeal of tires as another car came screeching up and someone pointed a mac-10 out the window.

Kelly kicked her bike into first gear and jumped the curb. She yelled for everyone to get down. Digging her riding boots into the custom floor boards, she reached out her left hand to Sue Ellen, tossing the glock at Delmar.

"Grab on" She screamed and she passed the frightened girl. She felt the heavy thud as a round found her vest.

Grabbing Sue Ellen's arm, she pulled her onto the seat behind her and kicked the hog into second gear. She felt dizzy for a second, but just shook her head to clear her vision and ran her bike through the gears as fast as possible. She was thankful that she had the shop trim her bike for speed. She felt the burning sensation down her right leg as she looked down, seeing the gas flowing out of her tank.

"Fuck!" She screamed in frustration. Looking in her mirror, she saw her partner go down and prayed she wouldn't have to add another tear to her leg.

Kelly used every trick her uncle taught her about riding to get them the hell out of there. She came screeching around the corner to the office and slid the big bike on its side into the garbage dumpster and yanked Sue off behind her a second before impact.

Pulling on Sue Ellen's, arm she egged her on. "Get to Flicka.... My car... She's our only hope. I know we've been followed." It was with despair, that she saw the spark that ignited the gas.

Pushing Sue Ellen into her Mustang, she shoved her down into the back seat and jumped in. Flicking the hidden switch and pushing the start button next to it, the 425 horse-power motor came to life with a roar.

Without looking, she pulled out past her Hog, which was fully engulfed in flames as she headed to the next street. She didn't have time to mourn the loss of her custom ride.

"Go slow, Go slow" She told herself as she saw the car coming around the corner, stopping before her burning bike. As soon as she made the next corner and didn't see any cars following them, she let her pony run.

"Fuck it!" She exclaimed as she floored the car onto the freeway hitting seventy five in less than five seconds as she tried to think of her next move. From behind her Sue asked.

"Can I get up now?" Putting action to her words she looked over the seat and saw the blood running down Kelly's pants. "Your leg..."

"You hit?" Kelly asked with a gasp.

"No, how bad is it?"

"Not a problem if I don't look at it."

Their exchanges of information were quick and precise.

"Find a place to pull over so I can look." Sue told Kelly.

We've got to make some miles. As soon as I feel we're safe, I'll pull over."

"Bullshit!" Sue exclaimed. It won't do either of us any good if you pass out behind the wheel." That got Kelly's attention. It was the first time she ever heard Sue Ellen swear.

"You're pale already and I need to know how bad you're hit. Pull over."

"Fine, at the next exit," Kelly told Sue Ellen. "We need to turn around anyway and get some gas." She pulled of the freeway and pulled up to the closest pump and hopped out pulling out her charge card to pay for the gas.

"Don't," Sue yelled. "Can't they track you with that?"

"Yeah that's the point. I want them to think we're headed north."

"Where are we headed?" Sue asked confused.

"South East." She sagged against the car as her leg throbbed. Not knowing who she could trust after the ambush, she decided to go to the only place she felt safe.

Sue Ellen went into the station to get the bathroom key. She knew she had to slow down the bleeding or they wouldn't make it much farther. Coming back out, she pulled Kelly with her around the side of the station with a key that had a big piece of wood attached. Pushing Kelly in the small room, she turned on the light.

"Let me see." Sue told her. As she bent down to examine the leg wound. "There's nothing I can do about this until we get someplace I can work. Are you hurt anywhere else?" She asked seeing Kelly wince.

"Yeah my head hurts and I can't breath that well." Kelly answered, trusting Sue Ellen to help her.

Looking for blood in Kelly's hair, she brushed against her and saw the grimace. Pulling her shirt up, she saw the bottom of the vest. Pulling it up further, she saw the residue of led and a small tear. Grabbing the Velcro straps, she pulled them fast knowing it was going to hurt. She lifted the front of the vest and pulled up the tank top under it looking for a hole or blood. She saw the big bruise and knew if her ribs were broken it would be better to have the vest on to keep them in place. Pulling everything back down, she looked into Kelly's pain glazed eyes and told her.

"Take a deep breath. This is going to hurt but its better to leave this strapped on." She waited until Kelly took a full breath and wrapped the Velcro straps as tight as she could. Sue held her up until her eyes cleared again. Sue bent down and ripped the bottom of her dress and wrapped Kelly's leg, tying a knot over the wound with a pressure bandage.

"This is the best I can do. You need a hospital."

"No," she hissed. "If we go in, they'll find us. We need to put some miles behind us. The farther from Memphis we get, the better. We need to take 78 South to Birmingham then cut over to Atlanta. If we're lucky, no one has followed us." Taking her cell phone out, she threw it in the trash.

"You aren't going to make it that far. We can stop at some place along the way. First we need to stop at a Wal-Mart or drug store for a first-aid kit. Do we have any cash other than the hundred I have left?"

"Yeah, I have a survival bag in the trunk. It has about five hundred in it. That should take us to where we're going." Without waiting for any more questions, Kelly started for the door. Sue instantly lent her support to the injured woman.

"Fine I'll drive." Sue Ellen said as they neared the car. As Sue was helping Kelly in, she heard some boys behind her say.

"What a waste, two sexy women and their dykes." Kelly nodded her head and Sue walked around the car to get in the drivers seat without comment. Sue took the 240 bypass and found a Rite Aid before the 78 interchange. She pulled up next to the door and told Kelly.

"I'll be back as soon as I can."

"Get some scissors while you're at it. We might need them."

"Okay, I'll be right back, hold on. It's my turn to take care of you."

"Just go." Kelly said so Sue Ellen wouldn't see the tears she felt behind her eyes.

Fifteen long minutes later Sue walked out to the car and dumped the stuff in the back seat as she got in. Without a word, she left the parking lot. When she hit the interstate, she pressed the gas and felt the car lurch with the power under the hood. Before she knew it, she was going eighty, holding the wheel in a death grip.

"What's wrong? Kelly asked groggily.

"They're looking for us. We're on the news. They said two were dead and three were injured in the shoot out. No names were mentioned but they have our descriptions."

"Okay... slow up. Don't speed or we'll get stopped. Be the best driver you can and get us the hell out of here." Kelly said fighting the pain.

It was getting dark when Sue found a little Motel just off the main freeway. She pulled in and asked Kelly.

"Where's the cash? I used a good part of mine. What do I do if they want to see ID?"

"Slip them a C-note." Kelly hissed. "That should be enough ID for a place like this. Be imaginative with the guest card." She leaned her head back breathing deeply to control the throb in her leg and head.

"Okay. I'll be right back." Sue Ellen said as she left, hoping that it didn't take too long. Another ten minutes passed before Sue got back in and pulled the Mustang around the back.

Once inside, Kelly was hissing against the pain as Sue undressed her. Kelly tried asking her inane question to keep herself distracted.

"So did they ask for ID?"

"Yes, and you were right, a picture of Mr. Franklin was enough. I told him that me and my girlfriend needed some privacy. That is why he gave us the furthest back room and told me to keep the noise down."

"What did you put on the registration card?"

"June Cleaver, 1122 Beaver Trail, Dikes Head, Montana." She giggled as she told Kelly.

"Shit, you didn't... Fuck, I would have loved to see their face." Knowing she was going to hurt Kelly, Sue diverted her attention by bringing something up that had been bothering her.

"I wish you would stop using that word. I mean I know you have been around some of the worst people known to man, but I hate it. That's all he said as he forced me. How I was such a good fuck and he was going to fuck me..."

"Okay, why didn't you say something sooner? Kelly asked.

"Let's go lay you down. This might make you pass out." Sue Ellen said, getting ready to go to work. "I don't know, we were in your house and my mom always said as long as you live in someone else's house you live by their rules." Seeing the look on Sue Ellen's face, Kelly changed the subject.

"You know you're going to have to cut your hair. Also, loose the dresses and skirts. My jeans should fit you in the hips if not in the leg. In Atlanta we can stop at a Goodwill or something and get some other clothes. We have to change your appearance. You're too easily recognized they way you look now." Sue just nodded and she bent to her labor.

The night manager walked by the room and was going to peek in on the beautiful blonde through a curtain that he knew never fully closed all the way, when he heard the loud grunting moan and the girl who paid him say.

"I know it hurts sweetie, but I have to shove it all the way in first, then it will feel better. I promise." He decided that NO he really didn't want to know and walked away.

Two sleepless days later, they pulled up in front of a medium sized house that was across from a beach in South Carolina. It took them so long because Kelly insisted in taking the back roads. Sue Ellen helped Kelly up the stairs to the covered porch and was about to push the button when the door flew open.

"LeighAnne, what in Gods name..." a stocky middle aged woman gasped as she saw the condition of her daughter.

"Hi mom, we need a place to stay..." Was all Kelly got out before she collapsed in Sue Ellen's arms.

Kelly's mom looked at the young woman holding her daughter and said. "Bring her this way if you can. We can put her on the couch then you can pull her car into the garage. I've seen the news." Before Sue Ellen could say a word, a boy about Sue's age came bounding in as asked.

"Is that Flicka? Where's LeighAnne? Whoa, who are you?" Kelly's mom just looked at the boy and told him.

"Yes, park it in the garage and go get your father." Seeing the confusion on the boys face she added "NOW!" Seeing the look on his mom's face and his sister, he instantly complied.

Looking at the confused girl in front of her she said. "Don't mind Rory, he idolizes his sister. You must be tired. Do you think we can get her into her room?"

"Where is it?" Sue asked as she gently picked up Kelly and held her close.

"My, you are stronger than you look. Good... This way," The middle aged woman headed up the stairs and led Sue to the room that still had pictures of a younger Kelly on the walls.

"Just lay her in the bed. When Harold gets here he can look at her.

"I need to remove the pressure off the bandages and her ribs." Sue Ellen said as she pulled out her pick and sliced down the pants that were holding the bandage on her leg. Ignoring the gasp, Sue did what was necessary to cut the clothes off her friend. Sue finally looked at the older woman and asked her to help with the vest.

"She might have broken ribs but she needs to be able to breathe. I've had this thing cinched as tight as I dared." Sue finished cutting off the dirty blouse and reached for the Velcro straps

"I see. Here I'll get the front and you get the back." Looking down at her daughter she softly asked. "What have you done to yourself this time child?"

Sue answered without thinking. "She's saved my life more than once, now we're being chased." Sue refused to look into the older woman's eyes as she tented Kelly.

"Yes, well, there will be time for all that later. You look about done in yourself. Why don't you take the next bedroom?" Mrs. Sackett was a lot of things, but blind wasn't one of them. She saw the wounds and the tender way the young woman was caring for her daughter.

"No, she has nightmares and I don't want her busting open her wounds." Sue Ellen said with conviction. "She needs a doctor, but she's stubborn and I've used everything I know just to get her here."

"Okay, but you need rest too." Thinking fast, she told the girl. "I'll pull the hide-a-bed so you can be close. Harold's on his way. He'll set everything right. By the way, her guns and your knife need to go in the safe."

"The number is 13757" They said in unison.

Shocked Mrs. Sackett added "I see. The safe is right behind the last set of books. You might want to toss her badge in there too."

***

If she was awake she would have know it was a dream. She knew she could never be this happy, she had lived too hard and burned too many bridges. She felt the warmth of her lover behind her and wanted to do nothing more than snuggle in for the duration, then the baby cried and she jolted awake.

Sue Ellen was right there when Leigh jolted awake. She waited as blue eyes and hazel connected. She smiled at the clarity in them this time. She knew the worse was past and she was coming back to her.

"Hey you" LeighAnne Kelline Sackett croaked.

"Hey you yourself, I wondered when you would come out of it. You need to stop doing this. I don't know if I can live through it again. Your dad said..." Sue Ellen said with a catch in her voice.

"My dad!!!" She jerked trying to sit up.

"Lay still, if you undo all our work I'll be really mad." Sue scolded.

"How long have I been out this time?" Kelly/LeighAnne asked confused.

"Five days. The fever broke last night and your dad said the bullet didn't break any ribs but bruised your lung. You'll have another scar on your leg but it's healing nicely and you should have full use of it again. It was a through and through like we thought. Do you like my hair? Your mom fixed it for me. I'm also supposed to tell you that you are supposed to take it easy." Sue Ellen was rambling but couldn't help it. She was so happy Leigh/Kelly was awake again.

"Rory wants to drive Flicka but mom won't let him. Why didn't you tell me your real name was LeighAnne? I like that much better than Kelly." Sue Ellen said as she was stroking her face.

"Fine, you can call me LeighAnne, only if I can call you Ellen." She said calling the woman's bluff. "I hate Sue. It sounds like someone calling a pig." She answered not caring that she was enjoying the other woman's touch.

"Fine, I'm Ellen and your Leigh, at least to me." She said with a smile. "Now that's settled, what do you want for breakfast?" Unknown to both of them, they had an audience. Mrs. Sackett leaned into her husband and said.

"See I told you so. They're both oblivious, but look at their faces. What are we going to do?" Looking at the women the Doctor replied.

"Let them figure it out, then welcome her into the family if that's what meant to be."

"Oh, yeah like LeighAnne is going to let it be that easy. That young woman hasn't had it easy either." Thinking about it she added. "I don't care what anyone says, those two are meant to be together. Taboo or no taboo, love is love and those two love each other."

"You don't have to convince me." Her husband chuckled. "It's LeighAnne's thick head you have to deal with not mine. Not that I don't know where she gets it from." He smiled down at his wife.

Melinda Sackett watched for a week, the two of them tiptoeing around their feelings for each other. She also saw the unconscious strokes and pats that passed between her stubborn daughter and the young woman she had brought home. Her wounds were healing, and she hoped her heart as well. Every now and again, she would snap a picture of them without their knowledge, with the digital camera LeighAnne bought her last Christmas.

It all came to a head one day after they had found out what had happened back in Memphis. Delmar was shot, but survived his injuries so did the LT even though she was taking a transfer. LeighAnne had got the man behind the kidnappings with her first shot, but there still had to be an inquest.

Mrs. Sackett informed the new Lieutenant that her daughter was taking sick leave to heal. The guy, who Ellen had sliced, made a deal and showed the police where they were keeping the other girls. The warrant was lifted and Ellen and Leigh didn't have to hide anymore. It was Rory who brought it to a head when she asked his sister.