Saving You Saving Me

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Myhands316
Myhands316
1,188 Followers

When they got to the store, Leigh said hi to the guy behind the counter and they bought themselves an ice crème cone to eat on the way home. As they were walking out, the car that passed them pulled in. the driver yelled at one of his friends not to forget the beer, as he eyed the girls.

"I love to tap that." Ellen heard him joke with his friend.

"Which one?" the friend responded.

"Either one, they're both hot. Though the darker one is a bit butch for me, I'd still show them both a good time."

"Yeah right like you'd have a chance with two hotties like that."

Leigh felt Ellen stiffen up. "Never mind them, let's go home." Behind them the testosterone filled youth took the gauntlet that was thrown down.

"Watch the master at work." He said as he jumped out of the convertible. He strutted up to the girls and blurted.

"Hey, we're having a bit of a party on the beach and we could use a couple of hot sexy things like you to join. Whatdaya say?"

"Pound sand!" Leigh tossed over her shoulder as she pulled Ellen closer.

"What you afraid we'll steal you little fem there once she sees what a real man can do?"

"Dude come on, time to go." One of his friends yelled at him.

"In a second, Butchy here is afraid I'm going to take her girl."

"Look asshole, we're not interested. Go have fun and leave us alone." Leigh turned and guided Ellen with her, trying to get away from the jerk.

"Hey hold on." He said as he grabbed for LeighAnne. He got a lucky shot and hit her right where her lung was bruised. Leigh went down on her knee making the guy laugh.

"What a pussy. I barley touched her..." Was all he got out.

Ellen saw Leigh go down and saw red. She grabbed her pick and had it out of its sheath in a flash of sharpened steel.

"She said leave us alone. Walk now or I'll gut you right here. This is an Arkansas Tooth pick and it's razor sharp. It'll gut you from navel to nuts in one slice. Touch us again and you'll be looking at you guts on your shoes."

"Don't..." Leigh reached up and touched Ellen's arm

"Shit, I thought she was the butch..." they heard the racking of a shotgun as the owner of the store came running out.

"Leave asshole... LeighAnne, you alright? Do I need to call your dad?" Joe asked as he watched the other kids in the car.

Stepping back from the sharp blade the boy yelled over his shoulder. "Hey I wasn't fucking doing anything. She's threatening me."

"Leave and don't come back, ever. I know them, I don't know you. So what's going to be diced nuts, splattered brains or just take your beer and get the fuck out of here." He followed the kids with the barrel of the shotgun until they left his parking lot.

Ellen shoved her pick back into its sheath and turned to Leigh. That was when it hit her. She was more afraid to loose Leigh than getting hurt herself. She did love the beautiful woman looking up into her eyes. Not only that, she was in love with her. Before she could say anything, the owner came up and asked.

"Are two you okay? That's a wicked looking knife you carry there."

"Yeah Joe," Leigh answered. "He got a lucky shot. I'm not at a hundred percent yet. Oh, I don't know if you met my Girlfriend Ellen."

"Yeah, we've met, hi Ellen. We've met while they said you were laid up. Sorry I saw them hassling you but there was someone at the counter. Do you want me to lock up and take you home?"

"No, just let me catch my breath and Ellen can get me home." Leigh said as she stood up trying to take a deep breath.

"Okay. You two take care of yourselves. Welcome to the community Ellen. Not all of men around here are insensitive assholes. You get your girl home and call me and let me know you got there safe."

"Fu... Fudge Joe, we're big girls, we'll be fine."

"Just the same, if I don't hear for you in thirty minutes, I'm coming to see if you're okay."

"Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, let's go before he calls out the fire department." LeighAnne tried to take a step and faltered. Ellen was right there putting her arm around her to help her.

Joe looked at Ellen. "Take her home and put her to bed. If you ever need anything, call or send Rory, don't let her over do." Without thinking Ellen answered.

"Okay, come on Dear, let me get you home." Leigh's heart thudded hard when she heard the endearment. Her head was spinning and she didn't know what to say or ask. She waited until she knew they were alone.

"What did you call me back there?" She asked hesitantly.

Ellen sighed. "I said come on dear, Let me take you home."

"That's what I thought." Her breath shuttered.

"Are you okay? Do you need to rest?" Ellen asked concerned. Blue eyes found hazel as they stopped. Ellen shuttered with the feeling and breathed.

"God, your mother was right. I do love you."

"You what?" Leigh wheezed.

"Love you!" Ellen answered with firm conviction.

"Damn, that's what I thought you said..." Ellen saw the clouds form in Leigh's eyes. "You don't know how much I've wanted to hear you say that." She wanted to say more but the words caught in her throat.

"I just figured it out, but I've loved you from that first moment." Ellen said processing the revelation.

"Oh my God, so did I" LeighAnne answered. "I've loved you from the moment you stepped off that damn bus." This time it was Ellen turn to be speechless. After she found her voice, however weak, Ellen tried to say.

"What do we...? How do we...? But were not..." "Gay" They said in unison.

"My mom keeps telling me that it's time to stop saying what I'm not. I might not be gay, but I am in love with you." She leaned down as Ellen reached up and let their lips meet in a tender kiss. It was full of the love the two women felt for each other.

With a shuttering breath, they broke the kiss and looked into each other souls. "Whatever comes, I want it to be with you" Leigh said quietly.

"Me too, but I've never loved another woman before."

"Neither have I, we'll figure it out together, okay?"

"Okay" Ellen wanted to say more but a car passed and Ellen knew she needed to get her love home. "Let go home sweetie. You need sleep." They walked arm in arm, leaning against the other.

Mrs. Sackett was getting worried. The girls had been gone awhile and she was wondering if she needed to go see what was keeping them. She looked out the front window one more time and saw them walking back. Her sharp eyes caught the posture and the intimacy they shared that wasn't there before the walk.

"It's about time." She whispered. "They make such a lovely couple."

"What's that mom?" Rory asked from behind her.

"Them," she pointed out the window.

"Woo-hoo. They finally figured it out. It's been trying watching them tiptoeing around it. I was about to start hitting on Ellen myself to shake sis out of it."

"You'll do nothing of the sort. They'll work this out just fine. It's not going to be an easy road for them. Don't you say a word young man!"

"Yes mom. What if they want to move back to Memphis?"

"That's up to them, but I'm hoping they'll want to settle here."

"Good luck with that one. I wonder if she'll let me have Flicka when I go to collage. Although I'm renaming her if she does. Flicka is such a girly name. Oh, by the way the dean of admissions called and wanted to talk to dad."

"Yes, they're old friends, so be warned buster, I'll know if you're messing up."

"Darn, there go the all nighter kegger parties full of naked co-eds. We better move or they're going to catch us watching them." They hurried to the table and sat down looking at the collage brochure when the girls came in the door.

They watched as Ellen headed Leigh up the stairs. Ellen turned to go get Leigh's meds when she was called back. Ellen looked up at her love as she leaned down and kissed her in front of her family. The kiss lasted until Rory, being the pesky little brother he was, asked his mother.

"Is the AC broke? It's getting hot in here." Leigh held back the blushing Ellen and asked.

"Is this okay with you?"

"You know the rules of this house." Mrs. Sackett said "They don't change because you two are dating. No sleeping together unless the door is open and you're covered." Coming up to Ellen she hugged her.

"How can it not be okay? Love is never wrong. Now go get her pills and I'll settle her in. We'll discuss the rest at dinner."

***

It was a summer of discovery. Sue Ellen McClellan never knew her life would taken the turns it did on the day she packed her case, left home and tried to find her Aunt. What she found was love and acceptance. Something she realized she never had before. She shook her head as she finished sweeping the floor to Joe's Corner Market.

She knew there was some sort of big family meeting that night at dinner and was nervous. She didn't know if it was about her Aunt or what. She looked up and laughed at Rory, who was trying to get used to the Mustang's power. He pulled up and jumped out.

"I finally did it. I talked LeighAnne into giving me the Satng."

"Now all you have to do is not wreck it or she'll skin you alive." Ellen smiled.

"Your knife is still locked up right?" he asked looking at her sleeveless arm before yelling.

"Hey Joe, I'm here to get Ellen. Mom needs her home."

"Okay, but I need her to close the next two days." Came Joe's voice from inside the drinks cooler.

"Cool, either LeighAnne or I'll be here to make sure nothing happens."

"Kay, See you tomorrow." Joe said as he came out to run the counter.

Dinner that night was full of surprises. Ellen came around to her seat at the table and ran her finger through Leigh's growing hair. After her hand was kissed by her lover, she sat down and Melinda served dinner and arrangements at the same time.

"LeighAnne, what are you going to do about Memphis? Sheriff Thomas asked me again if you thought about working for him. We've kept him at bay with your sick leave, but that's almost run out. I know you need to go get some stuff, but we'd preferred if you settled down here. We're not getting any younger and want our family near."

Without pausing for a breath she went on. "Rory is moving into his apartment at collage soon so there will be plenty of room."

"Dear, let the girl get a word in." her husband told her with a chuckle.

Taking a deep breath and holding Ellen's hand, she told her parents some of their decisions.

"We're going back to Memphis to get my stuff and say goodbye to some of my friends. I still have to close out my case files and then we'll come back here. I was wondering if we could stay here until we find our own place. Is there any news on Ellen's Aunt?"

"Yes," her father said. "The investigator has made contact and asked if Ellen can contact her." Handing Ellen the slip of paper, he said. "She said you can call or write any time you want. She'd love to hear from you."

Melinda was drumming her fingers waiting for her turn. Looking at her husband, she received his nod and sprung her surprise.

"So are you two saying you are a committed couple?" When they both nodded yes, she sprung her surprise.

"Okay then, dad and I have talked about it, and once you come back, this house will be yours. We'll keep the deed until the first child comes, but we want you to have the house."

"We can't..." they both gasped.

"You can!" Melinda told them sternly. "The house was going to you anyway LeighAnne. We've had our retirement plans set for years. We have a small place already picked out and it's close enough for your dad to keep his hand in as the younger doctors take over the practice, then we want to see some of the world."

She saw the tears in Ellen's eyes as her stubborn daughter tried to argue.

"But Mom, it's your house!"

"When you get back it will be yours." Harold said flatly.

"What about Rory?" LeighAnne asked looking at her younger brother.

"You can keep his room for him until he graduates or the first child comes. Come on, you know me. I've thought of everything." Mrs. Sackett said cutting through all her daughter's arguments.

"Mom, we can't..." She even blushed as she looked at the brother who giving the conversation his full attention."

"Rory, go wash the car." Mrs. Sackett told the young man.

"But mom this is getting interesting." Rory said wanting to hear the rest.

"Rory Patrick, don't make me..."

"Okay, okay, I know when I'm not wanted." He said as he smiled at the shocked Ellen and headed out the door. Once he was out of ear shot, Melinda dropped the last bomb.

"This is a delicate subject, but I think now is the time to talk about it." With a heavy sigh, she pulled out an old letter, stroking it lovingly before telling the girls what it said.

"When Kelly went overseas, the military umm... Well they wanted some of his umm. Anyway, it was for DNA matching and whatnot." Taking a deep breath she continued.

"There are five full samples. The doctor we talked to, who does that kind of thing, said with the five samples, three should be viable. So Kelly," She said looking at her daughter, calling her by her brothers' name for the first time.

"Yes, if you want, you can... the child will part of you and part of Ellen. So yes, you can, well Ellen can. If not, then you can still adopt. We'll accept any child you two bring home, but we want grandchildren either way."

Harold, looking very uncomfortable broke in. "What she said was that at least three could be viable for implantation. She also said that if you want to try it a more natural way, then she'll help. She told me, she had better results if the body's natural stimulation was involved in the fertilization process. Umm anyway, we wanted to let you know." He was blushing just as red as Ellen at the end of that little speech.

Leigh, looking at her parents started to say something a few times before the light went on in her head.

"You planned for this!" she was going to say more but was stopped by Ellen's hand.

"Yes," Her mom answered. "Ever since you kissed in front of us. We figured if you could do that, then you were ready for the next step." Seeing her daughter's mind work, she held up her hand. "We didn't say anything sooner because we wanted the choice to be yours."

"It gives us options I never thought about." Ellen quietly told her love. "I was ready to never have children if it meant leaving you. I know when the time is right I'd love to carry your brother's child, your child, our child."

All the women were in tears when Ellen finished. "We would want some kind of ceremony before you... well you know... take over the master bedroom... I know it wouldn't be legal, but I think it would be binding." Harold said as he felt helpless with the tears flowing.

Rory, always having a great sense of timing, bounded back into the room and asked.

"So, is all the sex talk over? What did I miss?" He sat back down. "So can I bring dates over when you take over the house?" It was the tension breaker needed.

***

Ellen didn't want to say anything, but the sleeping arrangements were getting frustrating for her. She honestly didn't know why Leigh loved her, but she was happy that she did. Snuggling next to her was great, but she had wanted more. She wanted to feel the touch of skin against skin. It didn't help all the little pamphlets and books she found conveniently placed where she would find them. She hoped Melinda hadn't read them. Some of them were VERY descriptive.

She knew how her body responded to Leigh, and she could feel some of the responses from her love as they cuddled, but she didn't know if she could go all the way sexually. It was her biggest fear that she couldn't fulfill her lover when they did take that step. Before this she never really thought about love making and her only sexual experience was negative.

Little did she know Leigh was having some of the same thoughts and worries about Ellen? Leigh wondered how the pretty Ellen could love her. How could she be attracted to Leigh's damaged body? Then there was the issue of sex. She wondered if Ellen expected her to take the lead and that brought many other conflicting thoughts.

She had never self relieved her sexual frustrations, even when she was disappointed by her husband's lack of sex drive. Lately she had been tempted to try masturbation. She knew enough and read enough, in her years to know the theory, but no matter how frustrated she got, she held back. She didn't want to leave Ellen out of it. If there was going to be any kind of sex, she wanted to share it with her partner. Not that she was sure how they were going to accomplish that either.

Before they left for Memphis, LeighAnne's family arranged for a small ceremony at the point. Ellen and Leigh both wearing flowing dresses, and carrying flowers, as they walked up to each other and made their pact. In front of God, her family and friends, Leigh promised to love Ellen and only Ellen as her mate and partner.

Ellen promised to love only Leigh. She promised to be faithful and true to her one true love. Ellen promised to carry any children God chose to give them. Each promised to stand by the other no matter what trials tested their love. They exchanged simple Celtic rings and kissed to the applause of those in attendance.

Two nights later, while traveling to Memphis, they stopped in Atlanta and stayed in a nice hotel. It was the first time they had any true privacy since the harried journey to the Carolina shore. Leigh wanted to take Ellen to a nice restaurant and give her what little of a Honeymoon as possible before the world intruded on them again.

Walking through downtown Atlanta, they ignored the looks as they walked hand in hand. During dinner, Ellen brought up some of her fears.

"What if I can't satisfy you... you know that way?" The demure blonde asked blushing. "I don't have... I've never... I love you so much I don't want to fail you."

"I don't think you can love." LeighAnne answered her mate. "I feel good just laying next to you. My heart sings just knowing you are going to be there when I wake up. If nothing else ever happens, I'm still happy just being with you. I don't think we could do this wrong." Stroking the palm of Ellen's hand, she reassured her new life partner.

Life partner, there was a phrase that had come to mean much more to LeighAnne. In her mind it covered so much more that being merely married. It took less time than she had known Ellen to dissolve her marriage. She didn't think that this partnership could be dissolved as easily.

As they sat over their dessert, a glamorous older woman came over to them smiling. LeighAnne of course wanted to send the woman on her way, but Ellen smiled back and held onto Leigh's hand as she faced the unknown woman. The woman seeing the facial interplay, the matching rings, knew she was right and had to say so.

"Oh you two make such an adorable couple. I was telling my girlfriend that you two had to be together, but she thought... Well it doesn't matter. I just wish I was as brave as you, when I was your age. Then I wouldn't have had to live through twenty years of a bad marriage and widowhood before I found happiness and the love of my life. She's the one sitting over there blushing at my intrusiveness." She babbled on.

"How long have you been wedded?" She asked pointing at the rings.

"Just a few days." Ellen found her voice cracking as she answered.

"Oh my God, newlyweds!" She squealed, announcing it to everyone within ear shot. "How darling. Oh, I'm sorry for being such a busybody; I'll leave you to it. Congratulations, may your life be filled with love and great things." She gave both startled women a smacking kiss then fanned herself as she walked back to her partner giving her the great news.

"Now I know where they came up with the term lipstick lesbian." LeighAnne muttered as she tried to wipe off the waxy residue. "Let's get out of here before she makes a bigger scene." She grumbled as the two ladies waved at them.

Myhands316
Myhands316
1,188 Followers