The Healing Game

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Megan gathered her team together in a huddle and announced to the squad the players who were selected in the match. After announcing the rest of the team she said "And for the last spot we have a player making her debut. She had an amazing summer back home and has worked extremely hard here on tour so far. I know she will do an excellent job. Congratulations Jenna."

Jenna was shocked. She couldn't believe it. Her team mates clapped, patted her on the back, shook her hand and hugged her. Jenna's legs began to shake. She was going to play for Australia. The team then huddled back together as Megan outlined a little of their game plan for the match.

Matt and Jenna's parents were now led down onto the playing arena, close to the huddle. The coach caught Megan's eye and she nodded to him.

"Now girls normally we would present Jenna with her cap before the game tomorrow morning. But we have so much going on tomorrow morning, what with meeting the Queen and everything that we have decided to do it now."

Matt looked around and gathered his thoughts. He had played on this ground for Australia and now his wife was going to be making her debut here at the home of their sport. He also noticed that there were a couple of the assistant coaches with video cameras filming what was taking place.

Megan continued "Normally we get an ex-player to present the cap, but this time we are doing something a little different. Presenting Jenna with her cap will be player number 456 for Australia. Matt Larkham."

The huddle opened up and Matt was standing there smiling broadly, feeling so proud. The girls all clapped and 'ahhed' seeing Matt there looking so proud. Jenna turned around and saw Matt and her parents standing there. Tears started to stream down her face. Jenna broke with protocol and ran over and gave Matt a huge hug. Matt cuddled her, holding her tight and was doing his best to keep himself together.

Jenna then went and hugged her parents who were beaming with pride. Matt went and shook hands with Megan and after Jenna finished with her parents, the girls in the team moved back around Matt and Jenna.

Matt took a moment to compose himself before speaking to everyone.

"Thank you so much Megan for giving me this huge honour to present Jenna with her Baggy Green... Playing for your country is an honour and something that should never be taken for granted. This cap we all wear is a symbol. Not only that you have reached the pinnacle of our sport, but that you are representing our country. Cricket is our only truly national team sport that plays internationally, and looking around the group here I can see players from all over our great country. Your team is looked up to by people from all over Australia and you should all be so proud.

"A little while ago I had a reality check and playing for Australia was taken away from me by injury. Please cherish the moments that you are playing for Australia because in the whole scheme of life it all passes by so quickly.

"Jenna my love, I know how hard you have worked for this cap. I have seen the effort you put into your preparation and truly know that you are ready for this moment. You actually showed me how much playing for our country should mean and I just know that not only will you do yourself and our family proud, but you will do our country proud too."

Jenna was teary again, and Matt had a tear run down his cheek too.

"So it gives me the greatest pleasure to present you Jenna with cap number 176. Congratulations Jenna."

Matt handed Jenna the green felt cap and she placed it on her head with slightly shaking hands. She then hugged Matt and kissed him, before the rest of her team huddled around and clapped and hugged Jenna.

************

Jenna went on to play with distinction for Australia for 5 seasons and she won two World Cups with the team during that time. At the end of that last season Jenna was tiring of juggling her professional career and her cricket career. There were also other areas of her life that she now wanted to fulfil.

Matt returned to the Australian Men's team that following Australian summer. He again performed well and enjoyed the whole experience a great deal more the second time. He embraced his off field duties finding them more enjoyable, as his anxieties and social awkwardness seemed to have decreased. Matt knew that this was because he was happy and he had the love of his life always by his side.

He retired from playing the season after Jenna did, just before they had their first child.

Now Jenna and Matt have two children and they own the Physio centre, buying out Jenna's old partner. Jenna still works there while Matt is a silent partner in the business. He is the stay at home Dad, ensuring their children have the right kind of childhood.

They have a great relationship with Jenna's parents who are still in Queensland, but they visit whenever they can. Matt's relationship with Chris grew closer as time moved on. He relished having a family of his own and while their relationship wasn't conventional, it was now a loving relationship. Matt also enjoyed the fact he had two younger step brothers and they loved getting to know Matt and Jenna.

***********

Matt called into the Physio centre one day. After checking with Jenna's receptionist that she was free, he went and knocked on Jenna's office door. She called him in and Matt opened the door. Inside Jenna's office the décor had changed a little. Jenna still had her desk she worked at. Now along with her computer were a few photos. Matt could see the photos of their children, their wedding picture and a more recent photo of the two of them.

Her walls now had a few pictures of both of them playing, as well as the Sixers jersey Matt noticed years ago.

Jenna looked up from her work and beamed her smile at him. She had recently had her hair cut short in a trendy bobbed style that really suited her. Rather than being brunette, her hair was now a rich auburn colour. One thing that hadn't changed was the beaming smile she had on her face every time she saw Matt.

"Hi Honey, this is a surprise. Are Jack and Lily with you?"

"No just me Babe. The kids are at Grandma Chris's." Matt replied, smiling happily at the love of his life. He looked up towards the jersey on the wall.

"I see you are a fan of the Sixers then." He said with a laugh.

Jenna too laughed remembering that fateful day when Matt said that to her for the first time.

"No that's my jersey from when we won the final and I hit 43 runs." She said in mock anger.

Matt moved his arms from behind his back and handed to Jenna a beautiful bunch of flowers.

"Awww Thank you Matt they are beautiful."

"My pleasure Jenna. I didn't know if you'd remember, but it was ten years ago today I asked you that same question and had strips torn off me. I didn't know it at the time, but that was probably the defining moment in my life." Matt smiled at Jenna.

Jenna rose from behind her desk and went around embracing her husband. Matt looked into her beautiful blue eyes.

"Jenna my love, in my naiveté in asking you that simple question our relationship began. Even when you proceeded to tear me a new one, you only wanted the best for me. As the years have gone on there is no way I'd be the person I am today if I hadn't met you, fallen for you, married you and had a family with you. Jenna you are the most loving, caring and supportive person I have ever met and to this day still can't believe that you love me like you do. I love you so much Jenna." Matt said, getting a little emotional.

Jenna had teared up too, hearing the man of her dreams tell her how much he loves her. She kissed him and cuddled him tight. Matt gently wiped away her tears with his finger as Jenna composed herself.

"Matt that day when you asked me that question I was so angry with you, mostly angry that you hadn't remembered me. As I got to know you I could see that you are a kind, gentle, happy, loving man; a man who has supported me unconditionally and loves me for me. You don't know great it is to be loved for being yourself. You are the best husband I could ever have wanted and the best father our kids could wish for... I didn't realise it was 10 years ago Matt. It seems like yesterday, but also a lifetime ago. I wouldn't have changed a minute of it Matt. I love you more every day."

They kissed again.

"I love you." They said in unison, embraced together.

Together as they would remain for the rest of their lives.

1...345678