Unbroken Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Luis..."

"I don't want us to talk about this." He bellowed. "It is clear that I made a mistake by inviting you here. I should have known. Please, leave me alone." Luis turned to leave but was grabbed by Charles. He was still mad but he couldn't stay mad at his best friend.

"I am sorry," He said softly. "Please, forgive me. I shouldn't have meddled in your affairs. I swear that I will stop." He promised. "I will never speak about it again. Just don't be angry anymore."

"Look..."

"I said I am sorry," Charles said, gripping his friend's waist. "Please, let's talk. We will drop this topic. We will be talking about something else. I promise you."

Luis sighed and then slowly turned, facing his friend. "Look, I am sorry. It's just that I am really confused right now and I need someone to talk to."

"I will be all ears." Charles promised. "I promise to hear you out okay?"

"Fine."

Both guys went back to the couch and sat on it. They started having a totally different conversation. All Luis wanted to forget about everything.

***

Aidan came out of the bathroom, slowly toweling his hair. He reached the room and noticed that Luis was not there. He breathed and then went to the large dressing mirror, still toweling his hair. He dried his hair, staring at his reflection. Then he took a band and tied it together. It was still a bit wet but it was gonna dry on its own.

Checking himself completely in the mirror, Aidan headed for the door. He had been in the room since morning and it was almost afternoon. He needed to get out, get some fresh air and just breathe fine before Luis showed up. He knew what was gonna happen once Luis came back.

Getting out of the room, Aidan closed it and leaned to a wall, closing his eyes shut. Then he folded his arms on his chest and began thinking about his family and how they had woken up. He was not used to being away from them so it was somehow painful.

Aidan was so lost in his thoughts that he didn't even realize that princess Hanna had come to him. The only thing he heard was her angry voice.

"Well, well, well, look who we have here."

Hearing her angry voice, Aidan quickly snapped out of his mood and stared at her. She was looking really pretty with a tiara on her head and her hair folded. She had a big smirk on her face. She was putting on a red long dress and pretty high heeled shoes. Her whole face was glowing with makeup but it was the attitude that Aidan was concerned about.

"My princess," He said softly without even bowing his head. "How may I help you?"

"You?" Hanna chuckled teasingly, eyeing him as if he was irritating. "Well, you can help me alright. You can help me get rid of your face from this palace." She yelled. "You are a complete curse to my brother. You have definitely ruined his life. Get away from this house. My brother is not a pauper like you. He is the crown prince and he doesn't need someone like..." She moved her hand up and down Aidan's body. A glower appeared on her face and then she hissed. "You are not on my brother's level. He is the crown prince and..."

"Well, that makes the two of us." Aidan said confidently. He didn't need orders from a princess. "I don't like him either. And yes, I would love to leave this palace a lot but I can't do that because the king won't let me. I didn't ruin the prince's life." He said. "He ruined my life. He should have stayed away from me since the very beginning. This is his entire fault."

"Don't you dare..."

"My princess, I beg you." He put his hands together. "I don't wanna argue with you. I am a really humble boy and I am trying to be as respectful as I can be. Don't make me say something that will make you mad. Just get away from me."

"How dare you?" Hanna yelled, breathing harshly. "Who do you think you are to talk to me like that, uh?"

"I am married to your brother and I think I deserve some respect too." He didn't even realize he had said that. His anger had just got to him. "Even from you,"

"What?" Hanna gasped, raising her hand in the air to slap him. She was ranting and her hand was headed straight for his face. Just when she thought she was gonna slap him, he caught her hand and pushed her away from him, leaving her in shock.

"Don't push me into doing something that I don't want to do." Aidan said, looking at the princess in anger. "As it is I am having enough problems with Luis. Don't try me because..."

"Who do you think you are?" Hanna got closer in fury. She gave Aidan one angry look that didn't scare him at all. "I am going to make sure that..."

"Hanna," Queen Ruby came rushing towards her. "Stop that immediately and get out of here."

Hearing the queen's voice, Aidan knelt down and bowed his head. He never uttered a word or made any movement. He just dropped his eyes on the floor and waited for her to speak to him, reprimand him or even warn him.

"But mom," Hanna complained, pointing to Aidan. "He is the one..."

"I clearly heard everything." The queen reassured. "Go away. I will handle this."

With a final angry look at Aidan, Hanna left growling. She was really mad.

After Hanna left, Aidan just bowed, drowning his head in fear. He got scared that the queen caught him talking rudely to the princess. It was a clear challenge and he had no freaking idea what was gonna happen. He felt he needed to do something though.

"Are you alright?" The queen asked. "Please, get up."

Aidan slowly got up and stood in humility. His eyes were still glued on the floor. "I am really sorry, my queen." He apologized. "I didn't mean to talk to the princess like that. It's just that..." He paused and gave a gloomy sigh. "I am just confused my queen."

"Confused because of my son," The queen asked, taking a deep breath.

"Yes, my queen." Aidan bowed. "I didn't mean to talk to her like that. I am ready to accept any..."

"I thought you said respect is reciprocal." She laughed softly, putting her hand on his shoulder. "If she doesn't respect you as the crown prince's husband then why should you respect her?"

Aidan trembled at the hand that he felt on his shoulder. "My queen, I...I..."

"Look at me," The queen instructed. "I won't bite."

Aidan raised his face and looked at her. She was looking really beautiful with her wonderful crown. "My queen..."

"I just wanna speak to you." The queen asked. "I wanna beg you for something really important. I want you to grant that to me?"

"Who am I?" He asked, bowing his head. "I can't deny the queen anything. I will grant you any request."

"Good!" The queen smiled. "Can you please stop arguing with the prince?"

"Err...your majesty, I..." He didn't even know the word to use to talk to her. "I don't know if that is the right thing because he is the one who..."

"I know my son is stubborn." She chuckled, slowly walking closer. "But I also know that you two are married now. I must say, I was pretty mad with this decision."

"I am sorry,"

"Don't be," She squeezed his shoulder. "This is not your fault at all. I have just accepted that you two are married. My husband made that decision and I have to respect it a lot. We can't deny the fact that this marriage happened. You too have to accept it." She was smiling so brightly. Her smile was melting Aidan's heart. "You have to stop arguing with him. Try to be a little nice to him. Be friendly to him and also smile at him some time."

Aidan looked at the queen in surprise. "My queen, that won't help. The prince is really rude and he will..."

"My son is a good man." The queen chuckled. "I am sure he can be a good husband too." Then she stopped and stared at Aidan for a long time. "Do you love my son?"

Aidan sighed. "I won't lie to you. I don't even like your son. He is a really..."

"I thought I heard you call him your husband a few minutes ago." She smiled teasingly, winking at him. "Look, son, marriage is something that is great. I can tell that you are different from everyone else. I can tell that you want nothing but you are married now. You should think of working on your marriage." She smiled brightly.

"The prince doesn't love me." He revealed. "He told me this himself. Both of us..."

"You have to work on your marriage." She encouraged. "You can open up his heart by being nice. I am sure if you took a closer look you'd see the real prince. He is your husband and that man can love you. You can make your marriage work. You can fall in love with him. Give him a chance and see his other side. He is my son and I know him very well. He might be stubborn but I know that he is a good man. You are good boy too. I can see that." She rubbed on his cheek. He still couldn't understand her.

"My queen," He slightly closed his eyes, feeling tensed up. "He is very..."

"Okay." The queen raised her hands as if she was surrendering. Then she folded her arms on her chest and smiled. "The decision is yours. I can't force you to do what you don't want. But listen to what I have to say." Her smile faded, replaced by a serious face. "My son was always happy with himself. He never for once got as angry as he is right now." She said loudly. "Sure, I would have loved for him to marry the person he loves but that won't happen anymore." Aidan dropped his eyes when he heard the tone in her voice. "He would have been really happy and..." She sighed. "I would have been really happy for him. But now he is married to you. As a mother I have to be concerned for my son. I have to look out for his well being." Her voice was rising.

"I am really...s-sorry my queen," He stammered. "Please, forgive me for...for everything." He was suddenly scared. "I know that you don't like..."

"No!" She said quickly, using her hand to raise his face. "Don't misunderstand me. I don't hate you at all because it is not your fault. You two are married and there is nothing that you can do to change that. You are gonna have to spend the rest of your lives together unless otherwise." She then chuckled. "It is up to you to choose what kind of man you want to be your husband. Many people have found themselves in situations like this and they are happy and more in love than any other people.

You have to make a decision. You can change yourself and choose your type of marriage." She reprimanded, seriousness could be heard in her tone. "He is your husband and you cannot deny that. You will be seeing him and can you handle arguing for years? It's really up to you."

After saying that to confused Aidan, she quickly to leave but stopped before she did. "It is now in your hands. You may choose to live happily and peacefully or you can choose to live a sad life. You can change everything if you want to." She chuckled. "Love can be developed and it is only through kindness and showing love. Think about what I have said."

Just like that, she left Aidan alone.

"Love can be developed...you have the power to do that...you can change it if you wanted...he is a nice man if you see beyond that...you will spend the rest of your life with him."

So many words...a really small head to handle...too much to hear and Aidan couldn't handle it. The many words in his mind made his head feel like it was about to explode. The queen's words got to him, affecting him like nothing else. His anger and hatred just melted with her words...his mind was now filled with a lot of words. The queen had gotten to him.

What if she was right, he wondered, looking straight at where she had been standing? He was now really confused and had no idea what to do. Aidan was a jerk who needed to be put in his place.

Should he try and give the jerk and his relationship a chance? Should he follow the queen's advice? Will he fall in love with Luis and see him in a different light?

This was his first day in the palace and things were already complicated for him. The worst was that he was really confused after the queen's words. She had spoken to him in a really loving way. Was he going to listen to her? Will he open his heart for someone who doesn't deserve it? Was thinking about that jerk's happiness really worth it, he wondered?

Aidan's confusion was getting to him. Normally he wasn't supposed to be thinking about that. But he couldn't do it no matter what he tried to do. It just came right through his mind. It was like the queen had used some sort of magic on him. His heart was now pounding so hard in his chest. His hormones were taking effect and his head literally popped with the words that were in his mind. Was he going to listen to the queen's advice?

Will Aidan try to make his marriage work?

***

Comments are definitely welcomed. Thank you for reading to the end of this chapter. What are your thoughts about the story so far? Chapter 5 is on its way. Stay tuned...