Wendy Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Wendy Rose," she answered automatically.

"Wendy, the manager of Destinations will see you at 4:00," Fred said. "He has other meetings until then, otherwise he would have seen you immediately."

"4:00 will be fine," Wendy said. "I'll just leave early today. Thank you, Fred."

"My pleasure," Fred said. "Let me know how it goes and I'd be interested in your impression of him. His name is Jared Rodrigues. He's been with us for six years. I think that he's one of our top people."

"Well, I've loved living there so far," Wendy said. "Everything is always clean and the service is great."

"Tell him that and you'll have a friend for life," Fred suggested.

"I'll make it a point," Wendy agreed. "Thanks again."

She had just hung up the phone when it rang again and she saw that it was Tom.

"Hi, Tom," Wendy said when she answered the phone. "How can I help you?"

"Jonathan called and asked me why we hadn't paid you yet," Tom replied. "I hadn't realized that we hadn't. Why didn't you say anything?"

"I, uh, just thought that it took some time to arrange," Wendy replied. "Besides, until today, I didn't even have a bank account. And since Clandestine has been taking care of all of my expenses so far, I sort of forgot about it, too."

"I'd also like to offer my congratulations on your promotion," he said. "I'm sure that you'll do a great job. Your ideas so far have really energized things."

"Thank you," Wendy said. "I really look forward to continuing to work with everyone."

"Send me your banking information and I'll have your first two months in your account by the end of the day," Tom said. "I feel terrible that you haven't been paid yet."

"Thanks," Wendy said. "It really hasn't been a problem."

Quickly sending him the information that he needed in an email, Wendy started exploring the personnel of the various departments, trying to familiarize herself with the people who would be depending upon her to do a good job. She spent an hour or so creating email contacts for everyone, as well as address groups so that she could send emails to everyone in each department, as well as a group for all of the department heads. She also created an email signature, smiling when she saw it. She then created an email introducing herself and explaining her vision for the company, emphasizing that she wanted and encouraged any and all comments and suggestions from anyone about anything, adding that her door was always open. She then sent it to everyone and sat back, her heart pounding in her chest.

"This just came for you," Mary said, entering her office with a box in her hand, putting it down on her desk.

"What it is?" Wendy asked, opening the box and seeing business cards.

Extracting one, her eyes teared as she read it, Wendy Rose, COO, Clandestine Group, along with her email and phone.

"I already took one," Mary said, holding it up. "I wanted to be the first."

"Oh, Mary, this is so crazy, so amazing," Wendy said, smiling. "I just hope I do a good job and don't disappoint anyone."

"There's not a chance in hell of that happening," Mary laughed. "You're the best and everyone's going to know it."

"Oh, shit!" Wendy gasped, noticing the time. "I have to go to a meeting. Will you call the car for me, please?"

"Sure," Mary replied, staring at the back of her as she ran from the office for the elevator.

"Mr. Rodrigues, I'm Wendy Rose," she said, introducing herself. "I apologize for being late."

"I imagine that you're pretty swamped," he said. "And please, I'd appreciate it if you called me Jared."

"It's a pretty crazy first day for me," Wendy laughed. "From PA to COO in one day. It's pretty insane."

"You have my congratulations," he said. "Mr. Hooks wouldn't have made this decision without knowing what he was doing. I look forward to working with you. I did receive your email. Thank you."

"Thanks, I appreciate it," Wendy said. "I'm counting on everyone to help me do a good job."

"Fred's explained to me about the plan to convert most of our suites to condos," he said. "I know that you've been staying in one of them, though I didn't realize that you work for the company."

"I've loved living here," Wendy said, smiling. "Everyone is so nice and the place looks great all the time. In fact, I plan on buying one of the condos here."

"That's very flattering," he said. "I imagine that will also help to promote sales if our COO is buying one of our units."

"That had crossed my mind," Wendy said, smiling. "I'd like to see the penthouse unit, if you don't mind. I checked and see that it isn't currently booked."

"And a real shame that is," Jared said, shaking his head. "It's an extraordinary unit, but it was only booked for 23 days last year. It's just too expensive for our market in this town. But come with me, I'd be happy to show it to you."

"As you can see, there is a special key for the elevator to get to the penthouse," he explained as he pressed the PH button after using his key. "It can be released by pressing a button in the unit, though. It's the only rooftop unit, two bedroom suites, both with en-suite baths, a smaller bedroom with an en-suite bathroom, a full kitchen with Meile and SubZero appliances, formal dining room and living room, an office/library, and a covered, outdoor eating area with a summer kitchen by the infinity swimming pool."

"It has its own swimming pool, on the roof?" Wendy gasped as the elevator slowed.

"And a jacuzzi," he replied, smiling as they exited into the marbled foyer. "All told, it's over 9,000 square feet.

Wendy followed Jared around the unit, marveling at the luxury, the living room and bedrooms both plushly carpeted, everything looking pristine.

"The kitchen is even fully kitted out with Le Creuset cookware," he explained, opening the cabinets beneath the large center island to show her.

"This is just amazing," Wendy said, her pulse racing as she stood by the infinity swimming pool looking out at the view over the city, smiling when she still had to look up to see Tony and Sara's place. "How much do people pay to stay here?" she asked.

"$5,000 a night," he replied.

"Wow!" Wendy gasped, then laughed. "I'm going to buy it," she said, turning to look at him.

"Just like that?" Jared asked, stunned.

"Yes," Wendy replied, smiling.

"Well, you are quite literally the boss," Jared laughed.

"Is it booked in the near future?" Wendy asked.

"Not until Thanksgiving," Jared replied.

"We haven't gone into it yet, but we're obviously going to have to notify people who have booked the better suites that they're no longer available," Wendy said. "I expect to be able to put them on the market within a month. I have a meeting tomorrow with the Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices people about giving them the exclusive marketing rights. My instinct tells me that we're going to offer anyone who we have to cancel one of the remaining suites instead of the one that they had booked and that we're going to comp their stay. Better to take a bit of a loss and make good, loyal clients. They'll brag to their friends about how well we're treating them and that will generate even more business."

"Well, from a customer relations standpoint, that's a wonderful idea," Jared said, "though I'm not so sanguine about the cost to our bottom line."

"It can't be helped. It's the right thing to do," Wendy said, nodding. "Even if someone declines our offer because they don't want a lesser-quality accommodation, they won't forget our intentions. For those people, we'll offer to help them relocate somewhere that they'll be satisfied with the level of accommodation."

"That won't be a problem," Jared said. "We have excellent relations with our competitors. When do you anticipate that you'll be taking possession of this unit?" he asked. "I'd want housekeeping to make sure that it's ready for you."

"How about right now?" Wendy asked, smiling at him. "It's not booked."

"Excuse me?!" Jared stammered, stunned. "Right now?"

"Why not?" Wendy laughed. "It's all crazy anyway. I wouldn't be able to sleep thinking about it. I probably won't be able to sleep anyway."

"Would I be correct in assuming that the recent changes that Fred has spoken to me about originated with you?" he asked.

"Guilty as charged," Wendy replied.

"Ms. Rose, it is going to be a distinct pleasure to be working with you and also having you as a resident," Jared said.

"Thank you," Wendy said. "But it's going to have to be Wendy. That Ms. Rose thing, for goodness sakes, you're the manager of this place and probably 20 years older than me. If I call you Mr. Rodrigues, that puts a barrier between us right away. Do you mind?"

"Not in the least, Wendy," Jared said, smiling. "Why don't I call housekeeping and have them move your things for you?" he suggested. "I'd be honored if you'd join me for dinner. By the time we're done eating, everything should be ready for you."

"That's so nice," Wendy said. "Thank you. I'd really like that. I'm about ready to explode with excitement about everything and it would be good to have someone to talk to. We're going to be friends if I'm living here."

"I look forward to that," Jared said, picking up a phone.

Wendy was so excited that she had a hard time eating her dinner, though she did manage to learn that Jared was married with three children. She told him about her background and how she came to be in the position in which she now found herself.

"When I said in that email that I wanted everyone's help, I meant it," she said. "I've got a first-rate education and did well in my classes, but I don't have much in the way of real-life experience. I'm only 24. I've got ideas about how I think things should be and Jonathan's willing to let me try to make them happen. I'd really appreciate if you'd always tell me if you have any advice or suggestions about anything."

"I promise that I will," Jared said.

Just then one of the people from the reception desk came over and handed Jared a set of keys.

"Thank you," he said, smiling. "These are for you," he said, sliding them across the table. "The big square one is for the front door. There's always someone on duty, but we lock it after 1am. The smaller key is for the elevator. There are two of each. If you need more copies, just let me know. The penthouse is now yours."

"Wow!" Wendy said, picking up the keys. "Wow!"

"Of course, we will continue the daily housekeeping service," Jared said.

"We talked about that," Wendy said. "We're going to give the new owners a choice of either contracting with the individual properties for housekeeping services or they can get their own. I'm more than happy to make an arrangement with you. I guess those details need to get ironed out, how much it will be and things like that. I have no idea what your costs are to take care of a unit. I'll talk about it with Fred and Jonathan tomorrow."

"Do you have a particular time of day that you'd like it done?" Jared asked.

"Well, if I had a choice, when I'm not there, say, 10:00 in the morning, and not at all on weekends unless I specifically ask," Wendy replied.

"I'm sure that won't be a problem," Jared said. "Why don't I have our head of housekeeping get in touch with you? She'll be able to explain all of the various services that they can provide better than I can."

"That sounds great," Wendy said.

"Shall I accompany you to your new home?" Jared asked as they got to their feet.

"Thanks, but you should go home to your family," Wendy said. "You've been great and I've kept you from them."

"It's been a pleasure," Jared assured her. "This is a day I won't soon forget," he chuckled. "I have never seen anyone, much less a young woman of your age, make such monumental, life-changing decisions the way you do."

"Life's binary," Wendy said, smiling. "It's either a zero or a one. I tend to make the right decisions, I've found. I trust myself, my instincts. Besides, what do I have to lose by buying this condo? Even if worst came to worst, I could just sell it. In the meantime, I'm going to really enjoy living here."

Wendy felt as though she were living a dream when she stepped off of the elevator into her new home, hardly daring to believe that it was all real. Despite her bravado with Jared, she felt totally overwhelmed, by everything. She spent an hour slowly going through each room, touching everything, looking into every cabinet and drawer, sitting on every chair and sofa. In the master bedroom suite, she found her clothes put away into the dresser and hung in the walk-in closet. There was a La Madeline au Truffe chocolate on the pillow of the king-sized bed and it had been turned down. Entering the bathroom, she marveled at the large walk-in shower and clawfoot bathtub. The toilet was in its own room, along with a bidet, and the counter and shower were filled with Bvlgari toiletries.

But her favorite part was when she stepped out onto the roof through the sliding glass doors to the pool deck where there was a beautiful round teak dining table with four teak chairs around it, as well as a pair of teak chaise lounge chairs. Off to one side was the summer kitchen. There was a five-foot railing running the length of the balcony, which spanned the entire unit.

Letting her clothes fall to the ground, Wendy stood naked looking out over the city, not caring who might see her, the gentle breeze stirring her waist-length red hair, her ruby nipples hard knots. Looking up, she saw the waning gibbous moon with the Milky Way a splash of sparkling stars carelessly strewn across the sky. She stepped into the infinity pool, surprised to find the water warm. It was 30' long and 8' wide, only a couple of feet deep where the steps entered the water, gradually deepening to just over 5' at the other end. She leaned on the wall of the pool, looking out over the city, tears of joy running down her cheeks.

Walking into the office the next morning, Wendy felt like a woman reborn. She had finally fallen asleep and then had had the best shower of her life when she awakened. Her skin felt incredibly silky from the Bvlgari lotions.

"Oh, my!" she gasped when she saw Shirelle.

She was wearing an impossibly short, day-glo-pink miniskirt with a sheer pink top that was a size too small, her huge breasts clearly visible, her large dark nipples poking out, her midriff bare.

"You like?" Shirelle asked, smiling.

"God, yes," Wendy laughed. "You make my mouth water."

"I can't wait to see Jonathan's face when he sees her," Mary said, grinning. "I'm going to show her how to make the coffee. We'll be there in a minute."

"Good morning," Jonathan said when he saw Wendy. "I hear that you've moved."

"You...you already know?" Wendy asked as she sat down.

"Jared Rodrigues is a manager's manager," Jonathan laughed. "When something as outrageous as you occurs, of course he calls to check to see if it's true, because it certainly sounds like science fiction."

"Then you don't mind?" Wendy asked, relieved.

"Of course not," Jonathan replied. "You're sure that's what you want?"

"Oh, yes, definitely," Wendy replied, sighing. "Last night was magical, in the pool looking out over the city. And there's so much room!"

"What are you going to do with all of that room?" Jonathan asked.

"I have no idea," Wendy replied, laughing.

"I talked with Tom and Marge," Jonathan said. "Neither of them sees any reason that we shouldn't also finance any sales, providing that the buyer puts 20% down."

"That's great," Wendy said, smiling.

"And I agree to the balloon mortgage request for your new condo," Jonathan said. "Fred told me that you insist on paying whatever market value is determined to be. I can't say that that's very smart. I'd be happy to give you a much better price."

"Maybe for me personally it would make more sense to let you give me a sweetheart price, but not for the company," Wendy said. "It makes a much more powerful statement if I'm seen to be paying full fare. I'm a stockholder, after all, and I want to build the value of my stock. As insane as it sounds, the few million dollars that I might save right now will be nothing compared to the value of my stock when things work out. And I don't spend money, really. I won't even miss it. It's all just numbers on paper to me, to tell the truth."

"The only coffee I take responsibility for is Jonathan's," Mary said as she entered the office, followed by Shirelle carrying the tray with the coffees on it. "I showed her how to do it with yours, then I let her make Wendy's and mine," she said as Shirelle placed them on the desk, then looked up at a drop-jawed Jonathan and smiled.

"You like?" she asked.

"Jesus!" Jonathan gasped. "Just incredible. Yes, I like."

"They're your rules," Shirelle said as she turned to go. "Let's see how much of them you can take," she said, leaving the office.

"She's pretty hot, isn't she?" Mary asked smugly.

"I'm speechless," Jonathan said, shaking his head. "Uh, she doesn't know about..."

"What, that I suck your cock every morning?" Mary asked, her eyes sparkling mischievously. "Of course not. Do you want me to? I know Shirelle. She'd suck your cock like that," she said, snapping her fingers. "We grew up together. We're two sides of the same coin."

"But you told Wendy," Jonathan pointed out.

"Wendy was your PA," Mary said. "She caught me coming out of your office with a blob of cum at the corner of my mouth. Since it was obvious, I told her."

"Don't tell her, then," Jonathan said. "I want to see Vera react to her," he said, a big smile crossing his face.

"Oh, I want to see that, too," Wendy laughed.

"What do you have for me today?" Jonathan asked.

"I talked to Hospitalio Recruitment yesterday about the executive chef's position," Wendy replied. "They said that they'd get back to me in 2-3 days with some names. While we were talking, I had an idea which I mentioned to them, that while there would be whatever necessary salary it took, that we'd also pay bonuses for results, as in Michelin stars or increased revenues."

"That's a good idea," Jonathan said. "Nothing like incentive to motivate people and there is no better incentive than money."

"I've got a meeting today with Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices," Wendy said. "They're sending someone to talk with me. We'll see what happens."

"Don't be afraid to threaten to use their competition if they don't like your terms," Jonathan said. "You're in the driver's seat with this one. You have something that they want, a way to make money. You just have to convince them to make less than they'd like as opposed to none."

"I want to talk to Fred about housekeeping services contracts with the condo buyers," Wendy said. "I'm hoping that he'll know the actual costs per unit so that we can come up with a plan."

"He probably does, but don't be afraid to reach out to Jared Rodrigues and ask him," Jonathan said. "I have no doubt that he knows."

"Oh, yeah, speaking of Jared," Wendy said, coloring slightly. "I sort of had one of my ideas when I was talking with him last night at dinner and told him that I thought that if we had to downgrade any existing reservations because of our sale of the units, that we should comp the guest's stay. If they don't want downgraded accommodations, we'll help them find something suitable to their needs. I don't think that he was exactly enthusiastic about the idea."

"I don't imagine so," Jonathan said. "That's a direct hit on his bottom line which is what we base bonuses on in part."

"It shouldn't be that difficult to adjust the bonuses, taking that into account," Wendy said. "I just think that as far as customer relations go, it's the classiest way to do it. They'll tell all of their friends. And with the occupancy numbers for the suites, and especially the upgraded suites, it's not really all that much money."

123456...8