You're Going to Lose That Girl

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Once dinner was over and the dishes were cleared, Hick announced that it was time for him to leave. He was surprised when Rachel announced she was going with him.

"Hick and I are going down to the ice cream place on Main Street," Rachel declared. "I'll be home before midnight."

Once Rachel and Hick pulled out of the driveway, the rest of the family discussed what they had just seen and heard.

"Rachel is cutting Hick from the herd. She announced he was her boyfriend and decided he was taking her for ice cream. He obviously didn't know anything about it," June stated. "She's decided he's the one and she's going to make sure he knows it."

'I never guessed he was rich," Candace's husband admitted. "He spent over two million to buy the Higgins place and I've heard the renovations have been quite expensive."

"If Rach marries him, she'll be living in that beautiful home," Christine added. "I hope it all works out. She's put her heart in his hands."

"For what it's worth, I think he's a fine young man. I said that from the first time I met him," June declared with a smile. "She sure fought her better judgment for a while there, but it looks like she believes she can trust him now."

Rachel spent as much time as she could with Hick the next three weeks. She loved taking him out socially and introducing me to her friends and acquaintances. The more she saw of him, the more certain she became that he was the one for her. One thing she very much appreciated about him was that he never pushed her for sex. He knew she wasn't a virgin, but he didn't press her to be intimate.

Rachel admitted to herself that his laid-back approach was quite effective. She was finding it increasingly difficult to not suggest they consummate their relationship. She had come to understand her feelings for Tim Barnes simply hadn't compared with the depth of her emotions for Hick.

It was a Saturday afternoon when the wheels came off their romance. Rachel had decided to surprise Hick by dropping in on him at his cabin. She had told him she was going shopping with her sisters, but Candace wasn't feeling well, so the three sisters agree to postpone it until she felt better.

With time on her hands, her thoughts turned to Hick. She soon found herself at his door. She knocked loudly, but there was no answer. His truck was in the driveway, so it was likely he was somewhere on the property. Rachel knew he often hiked up to the big house to enjoy the pool when there was no one working on the house, so she decided to look for him there.

Rachel heard the murmurs and whispers before she managed to see the source. She was stunned to see a gorgeous, naked blonde girl slowly bouncing up and down cowgirl style on a man on a lounge chair. The back of chair was elevated with the man facing away from Rachel. The blonde's eyes were tightly closed as she rode out what appeared to be a major orgasm. Then Rachel saw the man's hand reach out and squeeze the woman's ample right breast before tweaking her nipple.

The tattoo on the back of his hand became clearly visible as the woman passionately demanded, "That's it. Fuck me, Wade! You feel so damn big inside me."

Her lover was Hick! Rachel managed to turn and leave without attracting the attention of the two fornicators. By the time she reached her car, she was crying so hard she was no longer able to see clearly. She forced herself to stop and take several deep breaths as she ran a tissue over her eyes.

June saw Rachel rush into the house, slam the door and race to her room. It was obvious that she had been crying and was close to tears again. She hurried after her daughter to see if she could offer some comfort.

She found Rachel lying face down on her bed, sobbing intensely. June simply sat on the edge of the bed and rubbed her daughter's back knowing she needed to cry it out before she would be willing to talk about her issue.

It took a few minutes, but Rachel finally managed to stop sobbing. "He's cheating on me, Mom! I thought he was different, but all men are the same. I don't want to ever see him again."

"That doesn't sound like the man I've come to know," June replied softly. "I don't know what you heard or who told you what, but don't rush to judgment. You need to ask Hick about it. Don't listen to rumors."

"It's not a rumor, Mom. I saw it! He was having sex with some beautiful big breasted blonde. I can't compete with women like her. He's good looking, rich, and educated. He can have any woman he wants. I should have known better."

"I don't know what you saw, but you can hold your own in any comparison," June insisted. "You're a beautiful, warm, loving woman. Hick has seen it. He knows why you're so special."

"He knows I'm not a virgin, but he never pushed me for sex. I thought it was because he was a gentleman. Now I know it's because he's getting all he wants from other women. He disgusts me."

"Try to get some sleep and we'll talk about it later," June suggested. "It'll all work out. Eventually, you'll have to speak to Hick. I think the sooner you do it, the better."

Hick returned to his cabin late Saturday evening. He was concerned that Rachel had not been returning his text messages. He went to bed early that night with a feeling of doom.

Sunday morning, Hick discovered Rachel had blocked his number. He struggled to understand why she was so upset. The last time he had seen her she hugged him and told him to behave while she went on a shopping trip with her sisters.

Sunday afternoon found Hick ringing the doorbell at the Bailey residence. He had a standing invitation to share Sunday dinner with the family and he was determined to brace the lioness in her den.

"Hick? I didn't expect you," a flustered Trey admitted as he realized who was standing at the door.

"I was told by your mother that I have a standing invitation for Sunday dinner," Hick responded as he took in Trey's discomfort. "If you want me to leave, just tell me. I wouldn't want to force myself where I'm not wanted."

Trey was clearly flummoxed. He turned his head and loudly called, "Mom! Hick is here. I have to use the bathroom. Would you come and talk to him?"

June approached Hick with a smile that didn't reach her eyes as Trey scurried away.

"Hick, I'm not sure what to say," June began, only to be interrupted by Hick.

"Do you want me to leave, Mrs. Bailey? It seems like I'm persona non grata in your house. I was hoping to see Rachel. Is that possible?"

"Oh, Hick! You'll always welcome in our house, but now isn't a good time. Rachel is ill and sleeping. We're not having a regular meal, just some sandwiches and drinks. I should have called you," June added. "I apologize."

"May I come in for a few minutes and speak to your husband and family? I won't be long and I'll leave immediately if asked."

June was torn. Hick simply didn't have the demeanor of a liar or a cheater. He was polite and controlled. As she looked into his eyes, she quickly made a decision.

"Everyone is in the living room. Please come in and tell us what's on your mind. I have to ask you don't stay too long. It would be better that way."

"I'll respect your wishes," he promised as he followed June down the hallway. "This will only take a minute."

All faces were turned expectantly toward him as he entered the room. The level of discomfort was palpable. Rachel's father scowled when he looked at Hick.

"I seem to have upset Rachel in some way. I'm going to work to correct whatever the issue is," Hick stated as the entire family silently listened. "I feel I should let all of you know that I've fallen in love with Rachel. I intend to marry her. I was hoping to ask her tonight, but it doesn't look like that will be happening."

Rachel had been in her room when she heard the doorbell. She knew it would be Hick. She had been sitting miserably in her room, but decided to move to the top of the stairway to hear what was discussed. She was stunned as she heard Hick tell her family he intended to marry her!

"Hick, I don't think that would be a good idea," Rachel's father replied curtly. "She doesn't want to have anything to do..."

"Dad!" Christine interrupted. "Hick has just told us he's in love with Rachel. He came here with the full knowledge that she's extremely upset with him. He isn't asking permission to marry Rach. He simply told us that he intends to marry her. I think when the dust settles, we'll be quite pleased to welcome him into the family. Don't say anything you'll regret."

Gerald Bailey looked hard at Christine. She had always been the level-headed daughter. Over the years he had come to listen closely to her opinions and suggestions.

Before he could soften his intended statement to Hick, Rachel burst into the room. She stood with her face mere inches from Hick's.

"I will NOT be marrying you! I never want to see your lying, cheating ass again. Just fuck off and leave me alone!" she snarled.

Rachel then spun on her heel and disappeared back upstairs as quickly as she had appeared, leaving everyone speechless. Hick silently nodded his head before walking down the hall and out the door.

"That was intense," Candace observed wryly. "I don't think I've ever seen Rachel so emotional. She must really love the guy."

"How can you possibly draw that conclusion from what we've just seen and heard?" her husband asked. "She told him to 'fuck off' and she never wanted to see him again."

"You have to give the guy credit for coming here and taking that kind of abuse," Christine added with a sad smile. "He must really love her."

"May I point out that a man who loves a woman doesn't bang some big breasted blonde the first time he thinks he can get away with it," Candace's husband responded.

"Therein lies the rub," Christine admitted. "The guy we just saw leave with his tail between his legs doesn't seem like a player to me. He sure screwed things up by seeing that blonde."

"If Rachel hadn't seen them in flagrante delicto, I wouldn't have believed it of him," Candace admitted. "I really liked the guy and thought he was perfect for her."

Rachel spent the next week in her room when she wasn't working. June tried to improve her mood, but nothing seemed to work. The following Sunday afternoon at the family dinner, discussion centered on the company for which Rachel and Christine worked.

"L & H sent out emails and memos to every employee suggesting they be at the big meeting room at the Best Western on Wednesday at noon," Christine revealed. The main plant will be closed for the day and everyone will get a day's pay for attending the meeting. They're having a catered lunch before announcing the plans for the facility."

"Do you think it's like giving a condemned man a last meal?" June asked with concern.

"It could be," Rachel agreed sadly. "Everyone's been talking about how valuable the property is. Along with salvage value of the equipment and buildings, it's worth more being broken up and sold than as a viable company employing almost two hundred people."

The rest of the meal was spent speculating on where people would turn for employment and how adversely the closing of the facility would affect the county. The consensus was that the closing of the facility would seriously hurt the local economy.

June Bailey was surprised when her friend, Jen Stanford, called her Monday afternoon and insisted that June attend the L & H employee meeting with her on Wednesday. "I know for a fact that it'll be an event which will have a direct effect on your future. As employees, Christine and Rachel will be there, but I want you and Candace to attend with me. I've been asked to moderate the meeting."

"If you're sure people won't think we're nosey since we don't work there, I'll tell Candace to be ready and we'll pick her up," June agreed. "I just hope the meeting won't be bad news for the community."

June and Candace were able to sit next to Christine and Rachel as they ate a surprisingly extensive catered lunch and waited for the main event. Eventually, Jen made her way to the podium and introduced herself to the crowd. She was already known to most of the attendees.

"I've been asked to introduce the new owner of L & H manufacturing, as well as to moderate any negotiations which may take place. L & H is now owned by HHK LLC. May I present the sole owner of the holding company, Hickok Wade.

"His grandfather, Grant Hickok, was an original partner in H & K Manufacturing, so it's only fitting that his grandson takes over the reins of the company. Mr. Wade, please come forward and address this fine group."

Rachel sat in stunned silence as Hick made his way to the podium. She then saw the big boobed blonde walking right behind him, along with a tall man in a suit. As Hick stepped to the microphone to speak, Rachel couldn't help but think how handsome he looked in his expensive suit.

"Hick owns the company!" Christine squealed. "He's wealthier than we realized."

"My grandfather was one of the founders of this company and was always very proud of that fact," Hick began. "As of 10 AM, I am the sole owner. I won't jerk you around about my intentions for the facility. I'm actually here to negotiate. I know that sounds strange, but hear me out.

"It's true that I can make a quick and substantial profit by dismantling it. The fact is, I am willing to invest ten million dollars in updating and improving production and marketing, which should allow the company to be competitive and profitable for years to come. I'll gladly make that commitment, if I get one concession from the labor force."

"What's the concession?" a man sitting toward the back called out. "Lower wages? We're barely making a living wage as it is."

"I'll be quite willing to upgrade the plant, negotiate the pay scale and consider almost everything else, if Rachel Bailey will agree to become my wife and marry me within the next two and a half weeks," Hick stated to the assembled workers.

Not a word was spoken for almost a minute as all eyes turned to a blushing Rachel.

"I move that she accepts the offer!" the same man yelled who had asked about the concessions. "All those in favor say 'aye'!"

As one, the entire room responded with a resounding 'aye'!

Jen Stanford could see embarrassment and confusion on Rachel's face and decided to direct the discussion. "Mr. Wade, are you proposing a conventional marriage, as in a marriage where Rachel would be expected to sleep with you?"

"A husband always sleeps next to his wife," Hick replied immediately. "I'd have it no other way."

"Please bear with me," Jen apologized as she formed her next question in as refined a manner as she could. "Are you saying that, as your wife, you'd expect Rachel to have sexual relations with you?"

"Quite frequently," was Hick's response.

"May I suggest you consult an attorney, Mr. Wade? What you are proposing under the guise of labor negotiations is blatant sexual harassment, to put it mildly. You are willing to rejuvenate your manufacturing facility and maintain the employment for all of these people if Rachel agrees to marry you, which by your own admission, would include frequent sexual intercourse."

"My attorney, Amber Wade, is sitting next to me," revealed Hick. "She's my cousin's wife and I value her counsel. I will admit that she has pointed out some possible pitfalls in my efforts to attain connubial bliss."

Rachel had heard enough. Hick seemed to think he could barter for her like she was chattel or property. Her embarrassment finally gave way to anger when Hick referred to the blonde woman next to him, the same woman she had seen riding him cowgirl style.

"Your cousin is married to that big-boobed blonde?" Rachel demanded as she recalled the woman naked and riding Hick to orgasm. "What kind of perverted, sick family do you have?"

"Right?" Hick retorted as he briefly grinned at his cousin. "I warned Brett that Amber had rather large natural breasts and was a very beautiful, smart blonde lawyer. He insisted he wanted to marry her anyway."

As Hick finished his response, more than a few of those in attendance chuckled in amusement. Amber made an exaggerated pouty face while her husband beamed as he reached over to take her hand and hold it. That was when Rachel saw the tattoo on the back of Brett Wade's left hand!

Her thoughts flashed back to the day she found the lovers by the pool. The man the blonde had been riding so feverishly had reached up to fondle her right breast with his left hand. Hick carried the same artwork, but on his right hand! Rachel suddenly realized she had played the fool and had come close to driving away the man she had come to love.

Part of her immediately wanted to beg forgiveness from Hick, but another part wanted to embarrass him as badly as he had been doing to her since this meeting had begun.

Rachel was now standing. She took a step toward Hick as she posed a question loud enough for the entire room to hear. "What about oral sex? We haven't even discussed that. Do you expect to include that in this deal you cooked up?"

"Well," Hick replied as he studied Rachel's face while stalling for time to determine the best response. "I don't think you should be forced, but it would be nice to include it on occasion."

"I don't think you fully understood my question. I'll state it more clearly." Rachel stared into Hick's face as she spoke. "To make this deal work, you need to agree to build and staff a full time, onsite daycare center. For that consideration, I would agree to allow you to dine at the Y anytime we are in a private setting."

Gasps echoed around the room as the meaning of Rachel's proposal became clear. More than a few spectators took the time to explain what Rachel was actually suggesting to the less adventurous in the crowd.

Hick studied Rachel's face. If he agreed, he knew she'd gain the upper hand in any further negotiations. He should be doing his best to make her agree to blow him at every opportunity, but she had cleverly placed the onus on him. Hick also noticed that the gleam in Rachel's eyes had returned. She was considering his proposal!

"That seems like a reasonable offer," he nodded hopefully. "We'll have a full-time daycare center onsite. Do we have an agreement?"

"You can't expect me to agree to a long-term contract like this without more information," Rachel stated. "We have a lot of things to settle."

"That's right!" Elmer Jackson called out from the back of the room. "You need to negotiate to make the day after the Super Bowl a paid holiday. What will it require from Rachel for that to happen, Mr. Wade?"

Everyone in the room groaned at the question. Every fall for the past seven years, Elmer Jackson had passed around a petition at work asking management to make the day after the Super Bowl a paid holiday.

Hick listened to Jackson before breaking into a grin as he acknowledged the question. "That's asking quite a lot. I don't know of any company that's made that day a paid holiday. She would have to give up something exceptional. I'm sure of that."

"I have a suggestion," Elmer Jackson offered. "How about if Rachel..."

"That's quite enough, Elmer!" Rachel snapped curtly. "It would seem we have a great many issues to resolve in order to reach an agreement. I'm going to counter your offer, Mr. Wade. You can escort me to dinner tonight. Then you'll secure the best room available in this hotel for the night. We will work together to settle our differences in that room. We will both be honor bound to do our best to reach an agreement on all outstanding issues. We should know by morning if this company will have to close for future refurbishing, or simply close its doors forever."

"Rachel, you're kind of new to negotiating, especially when it involves multimillion dollar companies," Jen Stanford stated as she struggled to maintain a straight face. "However, I think you have what it takes to represent the employees of this company with resolve and determination. I'm sure you'll negotiate from a position of strength. That said, you'll need to be flexible and willing to adjust your position as the situation warrants. I'm sure you'll come out on top."