Evelyn

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

We began to climb the social ladder, Evelyn was enjoying every minute of it. During our gatherings, she met a number of what she previously thought of as friends, who gave her the cold shoulder when Bob died, viewing her as a potential rich predator and a beautiful one at that. I couldn't be sure, since the time we had been together, whether my attitude had influenced her in any way. When they tried to re-establish a relationship, she made it quite clear that she had no interest in associating with them. The way things were going it didn't take long before we were being invited to more prestigious events, and as guest of honors to those social events we had left behind.

The accounts had been submitted for the end of our third financial year and we were waiting for the accountants report. We knew that we had made an obscene amount of money not only for ourselves but for our clients. We were reaching a point whereby if the business continued to grow at the present rate it would be necessary to employ staff and move to more suitable premises. For me taking on staff and moving to new premises was not an option, the present circumstances with Evelyn and I working together and taking afternoon tea was just perfect. The only way to prevent the company expanding was to limit the number of clients. At that time I was able to manage my client base quite comfortably; therefore, I decided not to take on any more. Our initial purpose for starting the business was to keep me occupied and close to home, and to make enough money to cover our expenses, instead over the years our fortune grew out of all proportion.

Our social standing grew and grew, I tried to stay out of the limelight but Evelyn was bathing in its glory, enjoying every minute of it. We were invited as guests of honor to an exclusive stock exchange dinner and dance in New York. Evelyn had a dress designed and made especially for the occasion, and bought some rather expensive jewels even by our standards. We booked a suite in the hotel the event was being held in, and flew up Friday Morning. It was quite a pleasant evening the food was spectacular as was the orchestra. We met a number of acquaintances whose company we had enjoyed at other events and formed a group pushing several tables together chatting to each other between dances. At the end of the evening I went to collect Evelyn's black silk evening coat and was standing talking with the men of our group, watching the ladies standing talking in a separate group.

Someone tapped me on the shoulder, I turned. 'Hello Dan, I see you've brought Debra with you.'

'Hello Helen, Debra died just over five years ago.'

I saw Evelyn looking our way, making her excuses she began to walk over to join us.

'Isn't that Debra in the white evening gown?'

'No, that's my wife.'

'She looks a lot older than you.'

'You're right, but then she's a lot richer than you.'

Evelyn was almost upon us when Helen said. 'Did you marry her for her money?'

'No honey, he married me for my body. Are you ready darling?'

Evelyn slipped her arm though mine and we turned to leave, but I turned back.

'Helen when you talk about people looking older, have you looked in a mirror recently.'

The End