Jennie's "Nightmare" Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Thanks," she said. "I'm better now." Rosa had talked some during the night, but this was the first time that what she was saying actually made sense.

"Are you sure?" Jennie frowned.

""Yes, I'm sorry for putting you through this," the redhead replied.

"I'm the one who's sorry," Jennie said. "I shouldn't have pushed you so hard. I apologize for ruining your birthday, but don't worry. I'm done now. Get some sleep."

"You too," Rosa said groggily. "You can leave me alone now. I'm fine." Jennie looked at her in concern for a few more moments before nodding and standing.

"You should drink some water if you can," she said, handing the redhead a glass. "You're going to be very dehydrated."

"Thanks," Rosa replied, looking at Jennie oddly. The brunette slipped out of the room quietly as the redhead took her time finishing the water. Her head still throbbed, but that was to be expected. "What an idiot."

Rosa remembered going back to the suite and pouring herself a big glass of Tara's concoction. She'd been horrified by her reaction to Jennie's advances. It didn't take long to finish the glass or the one after that. She slept for a while, but when she woke up she started drinking again despite the fact that it didn't help. Nothing could block out the memory of how she felt with Jennie's lips against hers.

"Well, at least she promised to leave me alone," Rosa said to herself. She felt relieved, but oddly disappointed. "This is not the time to try and figure things out. I need sleep."

Rosa lay back down and closed her eyes. Thankfully, the bed did not spin. It had earlier. The redhead couldn't remember much about the night other than Jennie concerned looks and tender care. She had to remember to thank her again.

**********

"Feeling any better?" Joanne asked as she poured Rosa some orange juice. The blond, Tara and Mindy had showed up with breakfast at around ten. Everyone sat and ate with the exception of Jennie who was still asleep. The kids were now in their room getting dressed for the beach. Mindy was helping.

"Yes," Rosa replied. "Sorry for this."

"Don't be," Tara grinned. "You only turn thirty once."

"Don't remind me," the redhead groaned. "I feel like I'm eighty." She was still exhausted, but the food helped.

"Ah, a grade A hangover," Greg grinned. "I feel for you."

"Sure you do," Rosa smiled. Greg's grin turned into a laugh.

Their one night together felt like an eternity ago despite it only being a few days. Rosa was too hung over to seriously be distracted by her desire for him, but it was still there, amongst her other desires.

"I hope you all don't mind," she said. "But I'm going to go back to sleep for a bit."

"Go ahead," Mindy smiled. "There are clean sheets on the bed and I aired out the room a bit."

"Thanks," Rosa said and stood.

The redhead shook her head as she went. Mindy was generally a happy person, but the satisfaction in her eyes made it obvious that her good mood had at least a little to do with what must have happened the night before. It was obvious that Joanne and Tara had invited her into their bed once more. It was equally as obvious that all three had enjoyed themselves.

Rosa found her thoughts drifting back to Jennie's kiss from the day before. The redhead shook her head. She was too tired to dwell on it right now. She got into Mindy's bed. The clean sheets felt surprising good against her skin. What she really needed was a shower, but she was too tired. She didn't so much drift off as pass out.

**********

"There you are," Jennie smiled as Rosa walked into the living room. The brunette was wearing a robe and drying her hair with a towel. She'd obviously just finished taking a shower. "The others called about twenty minutes ago. They're going to a late lunch and wanted us to meet them if you're up for it."

Rosa looked at Jenny and shook her head. No one had the right to look that good with no make-up and wet hair, but that was Jenny. Thankfully, the brunette was focused on what she was doing and not on Rosa. It gave the redhead a few moments to gather her thoughts.

Obviously, despite her sleeping in their suite nothing happened last night between Jennie, Greg and her. Rosa woke up in Mindy's room, not theirs. It made sense. She'd been far too drunk. In fact, although Rosa's memories were a bit scrambled, they were good enough for her to realize that not only did Jennie not try and take advantage of Rosa's inebriated state, but she actually spent the night taking care of her.

Rosa was relieved that nothing had happened. She was honest enough with herself to realize she was also disappointed. Her mind spun as she wrestled with the conflicting emotions. It didn't help that she was alone with Jennie. It was time to escape her thoughts and regroup. First, she needed to get away from Jennie. The brunette presence always seemed to confuse the issue.

"I need to go back to my room and shower," Rosa said. "And get out of these clothes."

"I can understand that," Jennie replied as she finished with the towel and looked directly at Rosa. The redhead was expecting to see Jennie's desire for her. The woman had done little to hide it the last few days. In fact, she seemed to challenge Rosa with it yesterday. Yet, as their eyes met Rosa saw only friendship.

'If all it took was me getting completely wasted for Jennie to lose her attraction to me,' Rosa thought. 'I wish I'd done it earlier.' Again, her relief was mixed. She thought for a moment and decided that it was understandable. It was nice being wanted even if it was by someone that shouldn't feel that way about you. Rosa stood to leave.

"By the way," Jennie smiled. "Happy Birthday!"

"Thanks," the redhead replied, thinking about just how drunk she'd let herself get. "So far, it hasn't been one of my better ones."

"I'm sorry about that," Jennie said, looking guilty.

"Why?" Rosa frowned. "I was the one who got drunk. By the way, thanks for taking care of me."

"You're welcome," the brunette sighed. "But it only seemed fair considering I'm the one that drove you to it. I shouldn't have pushed you to do something you didn't want to do, but I convinced myself that somewhere deep down you did. I really am sorry."

"It's okay," Rosa replied, her mind racing.

"And you don't have to worry. I promise I won't do it again." Jennie looked miserable.

Rosa was tempted to leave things like they were, but she couldn't do it. It wouldn't be fair to Jennie and despite her relentless attempts at seducing Rosa she was too good of a person to do that to. The redhead sighed to herself. It was time for a little honesty. She owed it to Jennie for helping her through the night. She owed it to herself so that she could get past it.

"Jennie, my getting drunk was my fault, not yours." It was obvious from Jennie's expression that she didn't agree so Rosa continued. "I didn't drink because you wanted me. I got drunk because I realized that a part of me wanted you too. It was too much for me. It still is. I've learned some things about myself this week that are disappointing to say the least."

"It bothers you that much to be attracted to me?"

"Yes," Rosa admitted. "And that's what disappoints me about myself. I thought I was open-minded, but I'm learning it's not true."

"Says the woman who came on vacation with her lesbian friends."

"That's not what I mean," Rosa sighed. "I should be able to accept what I'm feeling, make a decision how to deal with it and move on."

"Attraction isn't logical," Jennie said slowly. "You have no idea how shocked I was when a girl kissed me for the first time. It took me almost a decade to understand what I was feeling and what it meant. Give yourself a break. It's been less than a week." The two exchanged a look. There was no obvious desire there, just honest friendship.

"Thanks for sharing that," Rosa said. "It's helps."

"Good, now go back to your place and get ready," Jennie smiled. "And don't worry. I promise I won't try and seduce you anymore. In fact, I want you to forget it even happened, at least for a little while. You should be relaxing. I'm done ruining your vacation."

"You haven't ruined it," the redhead said, meaning it. Jennie surprised her by laughing.

"That's only because I let you sleep with Greg!"

"That not what I meant," Rosa said, laughing now as well. "But you're not wrong. He's a very talented lover. You're a lucky girl."

"I know it," Jennie said. "And now that I think about it that will be my birthday present to you. You can sleep with Greg again tonight."

"You don't have to do that," Rosa said, not that she didn't want the gift. She wasn't just being kind when she said Greg was a very talented lover. In fact, he was incredible. "You don't owe me anything."

"But I want to," the brunette replied. "Today's your thirtieth birthday and it should be memorable. I'm sure Greg will do his best to make it that." Rosa waffled.

"Will you spend the night with Joanne and Tara again?"

"No," Jennie replied. "They're great and it was amazing, but I made a promise to myself that I would never sleep with anyone again without Greg there. It just doesn't seem right anymore."

"And here I am, taking him for the night," Rosa frowned. "I don't like it."

"You're not taking," the full bodied brunette insisted. "It's my gift to you and also my apology, despite you saying it's not needed."

The redhead wanted to argue further, but there were two reasons why she didn't. First, she really wanted this gift. Despite still being a little hung over, just the thought of another night with Greg was making her body react. Rosa liked to think she wouldn't have given in for that reason alone, but then there was the second reason. Jennie really wanted her to accept her gift. The expression on the brunette's face made it obvious.

"An apology isn't necessary," she finally said. "But I appreciate the gift."

"Good!" Jennie smiled. "Now go get ready. We need to catch up to the others."

"I am hungry. What time are we supposed to meet them?" Rosa asked, but then she realized that she needed some time for herself. She wasn't ready yo go out in public yet. "Actually, don't worry about it. I'll pass."

"Why do that if you're hungry?" Jennie asked. "I'm sure everyone would be willing to wait if you need some time. It is your birthday."

"It's not necessary. I can order in while I get ready. I'll catch up to you all in an hour or so."

"Nonsense! You go get ready and I'll meet you at your place in an hour. I'll call Greg and ask him to get the kids something to hold them over. I sure they'd all rather enjoy a meal with the birthday girl. Of course, it might be an early dinner as opposed to a late lunch, but we'll make it work." Jennie saw the redhead frown and she realized something. "I'm doing it again, aren't I? I'm pushing. If you'd prefer to be alone that's fine." Rosa took one look at her expression and laughed.

"This isn't the same type of thing. Why don't you tell Joanne to get something for Tara too," Rosa smiled. "She can be a bear when she's hungry."

"I will," Jennie said in relief. "I think I'll take advantage of some alone time as well. I'll pick you up in an hour."

"Sounds good," Rosa said as Jennie stood and made her way to her bedroom. The robe the brunette was wearing was thin and the Rosa couldn't help noticing Jennie's ass. Rosa shook her head and slipped out of the apartment.

**********

Rosa put on the shower and looked at herself in the mirror. Her eyes were still bloodshot, but the sleep and breakfast had helped. So did the note on the table Tara left for her. In it the blond mentioned that she'd refilled the pitcher in the refrigerator and that another drink would probably help. Rosa poured herself some of Tara's concoction and sipped it before coming into the bathroom. Her friend was right. It did help with the hangover.

The shower felt amazing. Rosa took her time getting ready. It was her birthday and she wanted to look her best. She shaved her legs, did her make-up and even worked in a quick touch up to her nails. Her hair took the longest, but she was happy with the end result. Rosa put on her favorite sundress and smiled at herself in the mirror.

"I look good! Even if I do say so myself," she laughed. She was thirty, not eighty and she refused to let her birthday get her down. She went to the kitchen and retrieved her drink. It was warm so she dumped it out and poured herself another. Rosa sipped from her glass as she waited for Jennie.

She thought back to their earlier conversation. It had helped. So did the fact that Jennie promised not to try and seduce her anymore. She felt relieved.

"Although to be honest," she said, talking to herself out loud. "The thought of sleeping with another girl is crazy, but if it ever was going to happen, Jennie would be the right person." She finished her drink and poured another. She was buzzed already, but not drunk. "I need to slow down." The only problem was that her mind was racing again and the alcohol helped.

Rosa was half way through the freshly filled glass when there was a knock at the door. She put her drink down without finished it and went to answer it. She felt relieved to be moving. Sitting and thinking wasn't really helping. She opened the door and there was Jennie. They both looked at each other in surprise.

"Wow, you look amazing!" Jennie said.

"You too."

"I figured I'd spend a little more time getting ready since I was waiting for you. I don't always get the chance without Greg or the kids interrupting." Jennie was grinning as she spoke. Her tone was friendly with no hint of hidden desire. Rosa wished she could say the same. Seeing the brunette like this was making her body react in ways she didn't want to think about. Or did she? Jennie noticed her discomfort. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing," Rosa said a little too quickly.

"Are you okay?" Jennie asked. She paused, but when the redhead didn't reply she sighed. "You're still uncomfortable with me, aren't you? I thought my promise would make it okay, but obviously it hasn't. That's too bad. I had hoped that we could be friends despite everything that's happened. If you don't want that, I understand."

"No, I'd like that," Rosa said. "But it's hard."

"You've been drinking again, haven't you?" Jennie frowned.

"It helped with the hangover."

"It tends to," Jennie sighed. "But you're still confused by your feelings and alcohol won't help with that. Maybe I should skip diner."

"No," Rosa said, grabbing Jennie's hand and squeezing it. "I'm not confused." It wasn't true, or at least not completely so, but Rosa didn't want to lose Jennie as a friend.

"Then what is it?"

What happened next surprised Rosa almost as much as it did Jennie. The brunette's concerned look was too much. One moment they were standing a few feet from each other and the next Rosa was kissing Jennie. The full bodied brunette froze for a moment in shock, but then moaned and started returning the kiss. It lasted a very long time.

"You know, this isn't helping my resolve not to seduce you," Jennie gasped, once they finally separated.

"It not helping my resolve not to be seduce by you either!" Rosa replied. Suddenly, they were both laughing.

"I'd say you were the one doing the seducing right then," Jennie got out between laughs.

"I was, wasn't I?" Rosa said, in surprise. Jennie saw the concern in the woman's face.

"Don't worry," she said quickly. "It was just a kiss and my promise is still in effect."

"But what if I don't want it to be?" the redhead asked, shocked by her own words. Yet, deep down she knew it was true.

"You want me to seduce you?" Jennie asked.

"I want you to try," Rosa replied honestly. "The jury is still out if I want you to succeed or not. You're a great kisser, but I doubt I could ever do anything more with a woman."

"I don't understand. If that's true, why do you want me to try?"

"Do you have any idea how good it feels to have someone look at me like the way you do? It's intoxicating! Despite my relief that you're not trying to seduce me anymore, I miss the way your sexy eyes make me react."

Jennie fought down her desire for the redhead. Rosa was only being half truthful. A woman as beautiful as her was sure to get a lot of people looking at her with desire. It wasn't that, or at least not just that. Jennie thought it was probably the fact that Rosa was attracted to her. It had to be, but now was not the time to push. Rosa needed time to accept what she was feeling.

"So, what you're trying to tell me," Jennie said with a slow smile, deciding to lighten the mood. "Is that you're a tease. You want to drive me crazy with almost no real chance of getting satisfaction." The two looked at each other and were suddenly laughing again.

"I guess I am," Rosa said afterward. "Sorry, that was selfish of me."

"It's okay," Jennie said thoughtfully. She didn't want to put any more pressure on Rosa, but she wanted her to know how she felt. "And actually, if you want to release me from my promise, I'll gladly do my best to seduce you into letting me join you and Greg tonight. I think maybe I was wrong. You may be more ready than I thought."

"I'm not," the redhead said quickly.

"You kissed me, remember?" the brunette said knowingly.

"That was a mistake," Rosa said far too quickly for it to be completely true, but Jennie nodded in acceptance.

"If you really feel that way, then don't release me from my promise," Jennie shrugged. "But I'm betting that before the days over you will. Only keep in mind that if you do, I'll do my best. I really do want you." The desire was back in the brunette's eyes and Rosa felt her body react. They were still relatively close. She was shocked by just how good it felt to be looked at like that and how much she wanted what Jennie was offering.

"I haven't released you from your promise!" she cried.

"No, you haven't," Jennie said, taking a step back. "I'll meet you outside. Give me a few minutes to compose myself. That kiss was something else." She was gone a moment later.

"It was, wasn't it?" Rosa asked the empty room as she brushed her lips with her fingers.

*********

"You know, it's really not fair. You two make me feel like the ugly step sister," Tara complained as they all sat down for dinner.

"Never that," Joanne interjected, exchanging a loving look with the pale blond.

"She has a point though," Mindy put in. "Do you really think it's fair that you two come to dinner looking like that while the rest of us haven't had a chance to do much more than put a brush through our hair after being at the beach all day?"

"They do look amazing, don't they?" Greg grinned as he used a crayon to make a tic-tac-toe board for him and his son.

"Well, it is my birthday," Rosa smiled. "And I want to look good for it despite what happened last night."

"Don't worry about that," Joanne said. "We all have our moments. In fact, did I ever tell you about the time Tara thought she failed an ethics paper?"

"Let's not start swapping those types of stories," the pale blond replied. "The kids might not appreciate them."

Everyone laughed except for Greg and Jennie's children. Their little girl was too busy coloring to really notice. Jeremy frowned, but then shrugged and went back to playing tic-tac-toe. It was his turn.

Jennie was true to her word and didn't try and seduce Rosa at all, but that didn't stop the redhead from spending half the time thinking about what her night with Greg might be like and the other half remember the feel of Jennie's lips against her own. Oddly enough, it wasn't really distracting this time.

Rosa was careful not to drink too much during dinner. She let herself become buzzed, but refused to get drunk. The meal was very good, but the company was better. Everyone had a good time, laughing and joking like old friends. The waiters and waitresses sang happy birthday to Rosa as they brought over a piece of cake with a candle in it. The redhead took it good naturedly and the kids obviously loved it.