Legacy: Backlash

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Lost Boy
Lost Boy
5,800 Followers

"What the hell were you going to do with me if you'd won?" I asked and she smiled. "Oh, so I would have been reduced to demonic currency."

"Don't be like that," she purred. "It all worked out in the end."

"A demon has got to be a demon."

"Exactly, one cannot fight one's true nature. So endeth the lesson..."

The drive back was equally strange. The cat gave me instructions instead of just reversing the GPS directions. Maybe he was afraid of running into that goddamn thing I had seen on the road before. The sky took on the first hints of dawn but the colors were nothing of this Earth. The moon sped for the horizon and after several turns we reached a stretch of road that was overhung on both sides by ancient cypress. Their branches were interwoven above us forming a luxurious canopy and the air heavy with their scent. I stopped at the end of the street while the cat seemed to be waiting for something. He told me to put on my blinker and turn. I did as he said even though we were alone on the street. As we turned the universe seemed to snap back into place. A sense of normalcy had returned and for that I was grateful. I recognized land marks and drove home without assistance.

I pulled into the garage just as the real sun peeked beyond the horizon. I stood outside watching the sunrise making sure the sky was blue and I was sane after everything I had been through. The asshole cat stayed with me. He was observing me to see if I smiled or started screaming at the top of my lungs. While there was an urge to let loose the mother of all primal screams what was the point. A demon has got to be a demon and I had to endure to keep my family safe. There was a sense of relief to know that my dad had felt trapped too. We shared the same legacy and I may not escape its shadow but damn it I had to try. I could be the head of this family and still be my own man.

"Come on cat," I said grinning. "Let's get you something to eat."

"That is the first intelligent thing you've said all night."

I spent the next six months alternating between my occult and martial studies and spending time with Scarlett. Mom kept the family finances running smoothly while I got stronger. It wasn't just my body that improved but my mind and a growing sense of clarity. I expanded my studies to cover the sciences as well as advance mathematics. The cat explained that magic and science didn't need to be mutually exclusive. I began to look forward to lessons in botany, chemistry and even metallurgy. The clarity manifested itself with which I grasped each lesson. I found that I recalled information with ease and didn't need to struggle so much during my studies. Even my time with Scarlett had its own flavor. While she worked during the day I ran along the private beach her house looked out over. I swam in her pool. I would walk to nearby markets and stores and buy fresh ingredients and cook for her. My cooking became an extension of all my other lessons. I studied the alchemy of being a chef so that she came home to a freshly cooked meal. The voice over work was steady and rarely ran late.

The weeks passed and one night I was packing for my trip to Greece. I had a list of things to look for as gifts for my family. I had a second list of possible antiques to look for as well. I may not even be allowed on set while they filmed so I had to keep myself busy. Mom informed me that we had a rental property in the Aegean. If we wanted it would be a perfect place to fall back to if things got stressful. I was pretty sure she meant Scarlett's shooting schedule. I had dinner with them and the usual sadness that accompanied my departures on long trips wasn't there this time. Katarina even made up a half ass excuse for her inability to accompany me. They knew how I felt about Scarlett and didn't want to interfere with our time together.

"Be careful of the minotaur," Violet offered. "Oh, and don't enter any mazes without a ball of string."

"I promise."

Afterward:

A few more pieces of information filling in some of the family history. The recurring nickname of Old Black Thom appears to be a family tradition. Thomas also learns that he isn't the only one that can use magic. While his gift appears to be the strongest it isn't isolated. There are more questions to be answered as well. Who is the dark mage in Hollywood and what is her purpose for feeding off movie stars? While Thomas and Scarlett are in Greece what antiques might he discover. His mother said they had property in the Aegean. Does the family own an island or are they just renting?

This piece came together quite well. I like the trip to the tattoo parlor and the characters there. What is Jose? Was there a reason why Thomas was blindfolded? Is Jose so frightening to look up it was necessary to keep Thomas in the dark? What was the hellish thing on the road before they reached the tattoo parlor? Will it play a part in the future? I like the links of events that have been set into play. I look forward to revealing the reason behind these links and the other items attached to them. I hoped you enjoyed. Please vote and comment to tell me if you enjoyed this or reasons why you didn't. Until next time...

Lost Boy
Lost Boy
5,800 Followers