Legacy: Healer

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Thomas," Metra replied trembling.

"What is wrong archon? Your mind is screaming." The engineer-priestess said with a sly grin.

"I wanted to ask Lord Vaul... I was hoping to see the Well of Souls." Metra said her voice nearly cracking.

"We are close."

Our guide turned and lead us towards the interior of the city. It was a short stroll. The great domed hall's exterior was far more ornate than that of the Forge. There was an energy to the place. It slept but just barely. It was keen and sharp that brooding something inside the great dome. The doors opened for us, but the engineer remained outside. Metra took the lead as we entered that hallowed place. It had all the feelings of a church or temple. The forge had an energy to it but compared to the Well of Souls it was tiny by comparison. My mind tingled and Metra strode with the caution and reverence I'd expect in the presence of her creator. There was a distinct functionality to the architecture. The walls were tall, arched, and fluted to channel sound more efficiently. I wondered if there were tonal-engineers or perhaps simply a choir that inhabited this place. We reached the heart of the Well of Souls and nothing could have prepared me for what I saw. The cavernous heart had to be several hundred feet in height. The walls of the Well were covered in glittering crystals. The sense of presence, for lack of a better word, was extremely intense.

"Sing." Metra said as she turned to face me. "Move to the center and sing for me. I've heard that Osirians have amazing voices."

"Seriously," I fired back, and she just smiled. "You have a gorgeous smile."

"Sing for me."

"I don't normally do requests but what would you like me to sing?"

"Easy, the Sound of Silence." Metra said without any hesitation.

"Simon and Garfunkel or Disturbed?" I asked.

I loved to sing in the shower but this, this was on a whole new scale. I had Thorn play the music in my head and I sang it acapella to Metra and those disembodied souls that lingered nearby. I channeled David Draiman to the best of my abilities. The power of my voice woke something in that place. The sleepers woke from their millennium long dream and the place thrummed with their power. Had my song been an offering to fallen heroes? If so, they seemed to accept it well enough. Metra hugged me tight and wiped the tears from her eyes.

"Unexpected," a female voice said once the last reverberation of my voice had ended. "But not unwanted."

I turned towards the voice and flinched when I saw her. Like Vaul she towered over us and carried that aura of unbridled power. I felt a kind of dread if she were to touch my mind with hers. Instead there was a soothing caress, almost as intimate as that of a lover.

"I tend the dead." She said with a sweeping gesture. "Here are the honored that perished in battle in the defense of our people. They want to give you something for your song, if you'll have it."

"I... I didn't do anything."

"You hesitate and there is humility, so rare in an Osirian. Will accept my blessing on your garment?" She said as she approached.

"I would be honored Lady," I stammered feeling suddenly out of my comfort zone.

She placed a hand on my chest and I felt my hair rise as if in the presence of a lot of static electricity. She then bent down and kissed my forehead. I was lightheaded for a moment but nothing like the psychic breach that Vaul had put me through. I giggled as Metra helped me out. My body was uncoordinated and drunk after a single kiss. The archon was abuzz with chatter about our visit to this prestigious place. We left the Well of Souls and the once dark city was now ablaze with light and activity. I was too tipsy to take full advantage of the event. Why had it changed? What had happened to bring it back? The way to the portal was well lit now and I could see illuminated fountains that sent columns of water at varying speeds up into the air. The effect was a bit disorientating. Some of the water sped skyward normally while other shot upwards in slow motion in clusters of crystalline droplets.

I willed the portal open and like an iris widening to accept more light in the doorway manifested. Bambi stood waiting and at her back a legion of the fallen. They appeared prepared to attack the breach. I brought the ring up and flourished it before me. Bambi's face went from ecstatic to a thin forced smile. Metra tugged on my sleeve and I looked behind me. Arrayed behind me the warrior mages of the Forge wearing their battle armor and weapons at the ready. Bambi gestured the demonic host vanished back to their homes in hell. Metra and I strode into throne room. My hoodie had changed into a hooded duster. I was going to enjoy this. I closed the portal behind me and swung on Bambi.

"Have you lost your fucking mind?"

"A girl has to try." Bambi giggled.

"You can't fight your nature." I followed up with as I pondered what I should do. "How much do you still owe me?"

"I could check my ledger..." she began, and I narrowed my eyes. "I owe you ten grand favors."

"What is that in clout or something physical?"

"I could make you a king ten times over Thomas. If you weren't already immortal... you get the idea. What do you want?"

"I want to clear things between us. I tire of your interference in my life." I told her pondering something that wouldn't taint my soul that she could provide. I turned to Metra. "Shapeshifting... teleportation... super powers that aren't corrupt by their very nature. Help me out here."

"None of those are by their nature corrupting. It is how you use them that counts." Metra said smiling. "Might I make a few suggestions?"

"Whisper in my ear and I'll decide."

Metra had barely leaned over when the vision hit me between the eyes. I laid my hand on her shoulder for support without trying to be blatant about it. The imagery wasn't a warning but more of a notice of things to come. I heard the archon's words but they barely registered. She did have an enticing scent though. I leaned closer and let my lips brush her neck. Metra let out a squeal of surprise at the sudden contact. Did her kind even understand the pleasures of the flesh? The vision ended, and I could see that the simple act had brought about some rather stupendous results.

"Your nipples are rock hard archon," I whispered in her ear. "You have goosebumps from your neck to your toes."

"I didn't expect that," she whimpered.

"We are leaving. Follow my lead. I need to get home. Can you get me there?"

"I can." She said, and I stood up.

"Change of plans," I informed Bambi. "I have pressing matters. We will resolve your debt and soon. Nothing personal but I will feel better when you are no longer in my life."

"I understand. Contact me when you are ready. I won't be in touch unless you need me." Bambi said her face neutral and keeping her anger in check, if barely.

Metra took me by the arm and gestured, and we were back in the park. I had Thorn check the time and as far as the world was concerned no time had passed. Thorn tapped into the nearest atomic clock and reset her chronometer. I was about to free Metra from the ring's embrace when she shook her head, so I simply dismissed her instead. I continued my run and pushed myself as hard as I could. I sprinted through as much of the remaining course as I could and returned home exhausted and covered in sweat. I let myself back in and settled on a nice long hot bath. Dawn made an appearance as I soaked. She accused me of cheating when Thorn sprung to my defense. She displayed a holographic map and highlighted the portions of the course where I sprinted. I didn't pay attention, but Dawn seemed satisfied that I hadn't skimped on my training.

"What is it like?" Dawn asked as she slipped naked into the other side of my tub.

"What is what like?"

"Having two," she said refraining from using the word cocks.

"Intense," I admitted. "The pleasure is really something. It can be overwhelming at times. Do you enjoy beating me to a pulp?"

"Yes. It is a good lesson to learn. There is always somebody stronger, faster, or just all out more powerful. It makes me work harder and push myself."

"Why a sword master?" I asked enjoying the view of her body.

"What a lewd expression." She chuckled. "It was the only thing I was really good at. Unlike human schools the Fae rigorously test our young. We find what we are good at and become the best we can. My brother is as good with magic as I am with a blade. I have a cousin that is a profoundly gifted shape shifter. What are you good at?"

"You mean besides fucking," I said, and she blushed. "I don't know. I am good at travelling. I can't say that I speak two dozen languages, but I have a smattering of that many. I make do. I guess history and artifacts are my strong suit. I love finding things, cleaning them up, and finding homes for them."

"Wash my back?" She asked, and I nodded.

Dawn shifted around and sat facing away from me. I lathered up a wash cloth and went to work. I worked on her shoulders first. I set the cloth down and lifted her long, soaked mane of colorless hair. There tattooed between her shoulder blades was a series of now familiar runes. I placed her hair over her shoulder and traced the runes. Dawn let out a moan. When I asked her what they meant she shrugged? I pushed her a little and asked where she had come by the designs.

"In the village where I grew up," she whimpered as I kissed the runes one by one. "There were forbidden ruins that we were not allowed to enter. So of course, a few of us dared each other but I was the only one that went in. I found these carved on a slab of rock that was sticking out of the ground at an odd angle. I remembered them and when I had the chance I had them tattooed where few would ever see them. Do you like them?"

"That is like asking if I like your ass," I snickered as my teeth lightly snared one of her earlobes. "Of course, I like them. You are a warrior and having warrior runes on your body is appropriate."

"I like the way you think," she moaned as I kissed the side of her neck. "One of these days I'll find out."

"Dawn, I wasn't making that up." I said touching each rune and named them. "It literally means the protector of the fallen. That sounds like a warrior to me."

"Cut it out," she said angrily and then she looked over her shoulder. "You aren't kidding. How could you know? Did you travel somewhere and see marks like these?"

"Yeah," I told her and watched tears form and slip down her cheeks. "Hey now, no reason to be sad."

"I'm not sad you idiot," she said wiping away the tears. She looked forward again and lowered her head. "I quit."

"Hold on," I said. "You can't just quit on me. I need you."

"You misunderstand," Dawn said her voice steady and strong. "I will continue to train you, but I have another duty I would like to volunteer for."

"Um, I am confused. If you aren't going to be my weapons instructor full time. What do you want to do?"

"I humbly ask to be the unborn child's nanny." She whispered. "I know I'm not family, but I think I would be good at it."

"I have to clear that through Eleanor." I said. "Speaking of... I need to check up on her."

"After your bath," Dawn purred. "Can I wash your front?"

"That might entail some hands on... if you know what I mean."

"Oh no, I never use my hands," Dawn shot back smiling.

The Order and Autumn:

"Master! It is time!" Indigo called out from the hall.

"Time... oh shit... it is time!" I hollered as I disentangled myself from Tiffany. "I have to get ready to go."

"Master," Tiffany said as she sat up. "What is going on?"

"Eleanor, she is close to giving birth." I said as I left to shower. "I have to leave."

"But Master, she is in China! How are you getting there in time?" Tiffany asked as she sat on the toilet.

"I discovered a teleportation spell in the journals Veronica gave me. I've been meaning to give it a try." I replied as I lathered up my hair.

"Give it a try! Master, that doesn't sound very safe."

"I have been assured that it is perfectly safe." I told her as I rinsed the shampoo off. "Do me a favor, can you go to my closet. There is a prepacked duffle bag in there, can you put it on my bed please."

"Of course," she said. "I spotted one on the floor near your shoes, is that it?"

"That's it," I shouted. "Can you set me out some casual clothes, my black hoodie, and my blue tennis shoes?"

"I got it."

I dried off and dressed. I touched the minds of my family and informed them I was leaving. I told them that Eleanor's water had broken. I heard a champagne cork pop downstairs. The celebration had begun. I kissed Tiffany on her cheek and headed down. I hugged the others and moved to the music room. It was the largest open space I had to work with. I closed my eyes and began singing the rune. I did just as the journal had directed. I brought the location to mind. I could feel it in my head. The connection between my current location and my destination solidified just as he said it would.

'You will see both locations at the same time. All you need to do is will your body to your destination. It is faster than taking a step.'

I performed a mental push just as someone stepped into the music room. The air popped, and I was elsewhere. I wasn't at my intended location. It was pitch black and I was facing a door, a locked door. When I tried to take a breath, there was little oxygen. I gasped and panicked. Instinct kicked in and I used the spell I was intimately familiar with, unlock. The click was loud in that confined space. I turned the knob and stumbled into the open space beyond. It was empty, but it also displayed its Chinese architecture. I coughed a few times and once air hit my lungs I recovered quickly. I closed the cabinet door behind me. I slipped my black hoodie on and pulled up the hood. I slung my duffle bag over my shoulder and wrapped myself in shadows. I had no idea where I was and if this was a government building. The last thing I needed was to be discovered by armed guards. The room I was in appeared to be a meeting hall or perhaps lecture hall at a university. Was this Hong Kong University? That hope was dashed once I stepped out into the hall and saw the ornate lighting sconces and their ritualistic design. They were stamped with the All-Seeing Eye, an occult symbol.

I looked for an exit, but instead the first door I opened was an impressive library. I knew that Eleanor's water had broken but this was too much to pass up. I had to at least see what kind of books they possessed. Maybe this was a private estate. I picked up a weathered leather-bound book and opened it. The text was Latin, and the subject seemed to be historical in nature. I flipped through a few pages at random and there didn't seem to be anything unusual. The next book was written in Mandarin and listed the exploits of the Fong family. It spoke of the wealth and power they had accrued by allowing the Japanese to invade and hold portions of China. The language was clear, the author was bragging about his betrayal of his country but his dedication to the Order, the Hermetic Order of the Silver Twilight. Later passages spoke of equal atrocities and used the term Order of Chthon as interchangeable with the Silver Twilight. Who the hell were they? What did they have to do with things like invasions and political maneuvering?

I paused and listened, but I heard no one and dared to continue and find out more about this Order. I looked at the layout of the library and found what I was looking for. On the northeastern wall was a solid steel door. It was locked and hopefully lead to the rare book section or its equivalent. I used the unlock rune and entered. The room was fifty feet square and well lit. The walls were lined with shelves and filled with books, scrolls, and stone tablets. I peered at scrolls under protective UV glass. Even the atmosphere was strictly controlled. I took out a pair of latex gloves from a box sitting out for visitors. I doubted many were allowed access to this room. The documents were a mix of historical as well as mystical tomes. So, the Order had magicians as well. That might explain the cabinet I had entered this place in. If it possessed a gate or teleport spell it might have pulled me off target?

"The Gharne Fragments," I whispered seeing a set of ancient mystical texts. "These were supposedly burned during the time of the Inquisition."

I peered at the intricate summoning rituals. One of the spells described how to invoke and get the attention to one of the Great Old Ones, something called Yog Sothoth. It required a female participant. The text never mentioned virgin or not. There were other equally unsettling documents and spell tomes. This was dark magic of the foulest sort. It was time to leave. I slipped out just as someone entered the library. I closed the rare book section and locked it with a spell. I cloaked myself in shadows and slipped silently away from the figure in the expensive suit. If I was lucky he would grab what he wanted and lead me to an exit. I waited and watched. He took a piece of paper from his pocket and unfolded it. He muttered to himself in Cantonese and searched the stacks. He looked so normal. He was obviously of Chinese decent and dressed impeccably but didn't give off a hint of evil. I wouldn't have noticed him on the street or taken any notice of him otherwise. I caught the flash of metal on his hand and squinted. My keen vision caught the intricate signet ring on his hand. It had the image of the All-Seeing Eye but instead of lines the eye was framed by three swords. Was that the insignia of the Order?

He found what he was looking for and removed it. He headed for the exit with me close behind. He navigated the corridors and arrived at an office near the front of the building. The maze-like halls were designed to confuse outsiders and if I hadn't followed him I likely would have become lost. I crept further down the hall to an entryway. The room was dominated by a marble floor and stone columns. Two guards watched intently at the entrance but not behind them. I could wait for someone to enter and leave in the confusion or I could try something else. I had gotten a good look at the man in the library. I sang the rune as softly as I could and dismissed the cloaking spell. I walked out in plain sight of the guards in the guise of one of their own. They never looked twice at me.

I dropped the spell once I rounded the corner. It was only then that I looked around. I recognized downtown Hong Kong instantly. I was a short cab ride away from my destination. The Order's headquarters was in the middle of the business district. I decided to walk. I cloaked myself and felt the sense of being watched fade a few blocks away. It took a little longer, but I felt it was safer losing myself in the mass of all those pedestrians than taking a cab. The modest house blended well with the others around it and was the perfect place for Eleanor to give birth to her child. I knocked on the door and a middle-aged woman answered the door.

"You are here!" She announced. "How did you get here?"

"I walked actually." I said as she let me in.

"Walked, from the airport," she chastised me. "I have a man waiting for you there."

"My apologies, I didn't arrive by plane." I explained. "Nor a boat or any traditional form of transportation."

"She is upstairs," the woman said pointing. "I was told you were 'odd'. I just never knew how unusual. She will be thrilled to see you."

I felt her pain. She was in labor and chances are it would be hours until she delivered her child. Eleanor stared at me as I entered her room and grinned. She patted the chair next to her. I set down my duffle bag and sat next to her.

"You look good," I said.