Queen of Diamonds

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I just want to think about us," she said with a quaver in her voice.

"You're right, Kelly," I said as I held her to me. "You feel so nice in my arms. I wish we could make this last forever."

* * *

Since Kelly wasn't checking any luggage, we breezed through the airport. "It feels liberating to travel with only a carry-on. Maybe I should rethink my packing strategy for future trips."

We sat down at the gate and waited for her flight to be called; it was the last one to DFW that evening. Dusk would be settling over the airport soon.

I felt a great wave of sadness wash over me. There was no way Kelly and I could have a relationship—unless we were very lucky. And really committed to each other. The age difference would certainly rear its head at some point. And I couldn't even begin to think about dealing with Trudy.

I took her hand in mine as we both got lost in our thoughts. I had fallen hard for Kelly. Really hard. It was reckless, but I couldn't help it. I didn't want her to fade into the past as some great fuck I had a few times and never saw again. But life has its unfulfilled yearnings. I would do my best to hold up my end—I hoped she would, too.

They started boarding her flight. We stood up and began a passionate goodbye kiss. Thoughts of Rick and Ilsa on the tarmac at the end of the movieCasablanca filled my head. At least I was able to kiss the girl before she got on the plane. Well, actually, I got to do a lot more than that.

We held each other a long time. She put her hand on my chest and realized something was in my jacket pocket. She pulled out the queen of diamonds and smiled. "I'll think I'll keep this—so you'll know which girl at Mardi Gras you should be flirting with. It's hard to be sure when everyone's in costume."

She broke free of our embrace as they made the last call. "Gotta go."

She hesitated, tears wetting her eyes, then leaned in for one last kiss—it was a tender one.

"Jake, we're going to be together again—I just know it."

"I do, too, Kelly. I really want that.Au revoir, ma chère."

She smiled and turned away. I watched her walk down the jetway. When they pulled the plane back, I waved. I knew she had a window seat on the side facing me. I saw her wave back and blow me a kiss. My heart felt very heavy at that moment.

I turned and started the long walk back to the car—a car that would still have her presence in it: lipstick on an empty champagne cup, the underwear she left behind—and the smell of sex.

* * *

Three weeks later, after a September morning that none of us will forget, air travel in the United States would never be the same again. Our lives did change—in ways we couldn't have known about then.

* * *

If you've read this far, please go ahead and vote. Feel free to favorite or comment as well if you really enjoyed the story—that's what encourages us authors to keep writing. Thanks!

All characters and events are fictional, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events, is strictly coincidental.

For such a lengthy story, I split it up so that two volunteer editors could work on it simultaneously. The editor Sexyvibe worked on the first part (up to when Jake and Kelly get in bed together for the night), and the editor Animaris worked on the second part (after they wake up the next morning). They both got a chance to review and comment on the part that the other editor worked on.

1...345678