The Billionaire

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
perv7234
perv7234
329 Followers

Chloe's mind was slowly healing itself. Insanity didn't run in her family. Her mother was driven insane by the terrible things her father did. That's why she killed herself. Slowly Chloe began to heal. She slowly began to participate in group therapy. Her depression disappeared. She smiled allot. Laughed at appropriate times. Her doctor thought he was witnessing a miracle. In a matter of weeks from the time she figured out what was going on with her she was released from the hospital. She was only sixteen so she was in the care of child protective services.

Chloe was back in high school. She was seventeen when she graduated. With the help of one of the women at CPS. She got a scholarship to NYU. She graduated with honors with a degree in accounting and a year later she became a CPA. She was still shy and very timid in the presence of men. However she had another gift, she could look at a column of numbers and tell you the total instantly. Chloe was lucky, she got a job in, of all places, the Peterson Investment Bank, in the accounting department.

She quickly rose to become the supervisor of the loans department. She was twenty eight years old. Chloe was very beautiful, very bright, and when Tom Peterson was visiting his vice president in charge of the loan department, it happened. They noticed each other. Tom was in the habit of fast scanning everyone new at the bank when he came to Chloe it was as if she wasn't there. Just a blank.

He didn't let it show, he continued on by, but this had never happened before. Who was she? Chloe on the other hand wanted to learn more about the boss so she tried a fast scan. But she too was bewildered and surprised he wasn't there either he was a blank. She had never met anyone like him before in all her life. Who was this man Tom Peterson?

When Tom got back to his office he called his security agency and asked them to find out all they could about her. Henry Stapleton was president of The Peterson Security Agency. His wife's name was Helen. She was born in Madrid. Her parents brought her here when she was two. Maggie was close friends with Helen and since Doris had joined the family Helen's mom had joined them. They all spoke Spanish. Tom always tried to maintain a close relationship with all the people who ran his various companies.

They got together about every five or six weeks. Henry was an ex-cop, ex-FBI and ex-NSA although that was never mentioned in his dossier. He also earned $225.000.00 a year. He was very loyal to Tom. He had three children. One a doctor, one a lawyer, and a daughter who was a third year student at Yale.

About 30 minutes after his call, Henry called back. Her name is Chloe Sterling. She is a CPA. She worked at KPMG for five years. She's twenty eight years old. She has worked at the bank for eighteen months. She started working for Burt Horowitz in accounting. From the first time he saw her she reminded him of his daughter; the one that had been raped and murdered. It had happened one night as Rachel was returning home from a party at a friend's sorority house; to her apartment on campus only three blocks away.

Burt helped fast track her up the corporate ladder. He thought she was very bright and he also felt sorry for her because of what had happened to her. He told Tom about what the father did to her. His death. The mother's death. Her time in the asylum. Her college background. That's it up to the present. I'll send you a written report too.

"Thanks Henry that's what I wanted. I don't need the written report."

Tom sat in his office thinking to himself it's about time I had a little talk with my MS. Sterling. Is she like me. Is she one of many, many others. Are we unique? He called Burt's office, first there was the usual small talk because he considered Burt a friend as well as a trusted employee.

"The reason I'm calling Burt is because I would like you to send Ms. Sterling up to my office so I can thank her personally for the report she did. It was very well thought out and she had all the numbers there to prove her point."

"Well thanks Tom I think that will please her greatly. Shall I send her up right now."

"Yes, please.

About ten minutes later his PA buzzed him, "Mr. Peterson, Ms. Sterling from accounting is here."

"Good, please send her right in."

When Chloe walked into his office Tom pointed to a chair, "Have a seat Ms. Sterling."

"The reason I called you up to my office was I wanted to congratulate you on the report you did. It was excellent work."

(How old were you when you found out you could hear other people's thoughts?)

Chloe's eyes opened wide in surprise. (You know about that. How are you able to do this? I can hear you in my head? The same way I can hear you. You're doing it right now. It's called thought speech. This is amazing, were conversing but we're doing it mind to mind. I take it then you have never met anyone else like us? No, are there others? Quite probably, yes. We can't be that unique. When I was fourteen I thought that I was insane. I had been hearing these strange voices in my head for a long time. I looked it up on the internet about people who claimed they heard voices and they were called schizophrenic. I thought that was what was wrong with me. Tell me Chloe what else can you do? What do you mean, what else? Suddenly the pen on his desk lifted up and floated over to her. (Wow that is so cool. How do you do that?)

"Let's go back to regular talking," said Tom.

"Why did you stop thought speech, I didn't know how much fun it could be. There wasn't a sound in the room and yet I could understand you clear as a bell. This is very exciting to me."

"We'll get together again soon Chloe, how about Friday for lunch?"

"Sure, that sounds great, perhaps we can do thought speech again?"

"You're on, oh by the way, take a look at this Chloe."

He removed from his desk draw, a paper with numbers and symbols and with it a chart.

She looked at the paper, then at the chart. For a moment she seemed puzzled, Then she smiled. Oh I get it, it's an algorithm, you're trying to predict.... Is this a stock price? It'll never work like this. You have to change this plus sign to an equal's sign and this sign from phi to psi. It'll work fine then."

"You're absolutely correct Chloe; in fact you just earned yourself a promotion and a handsome raise. Tomorrow you are to report the office of the vice president in charge of investments. You have just quintupled your salary."

"You're kidding right.... Where is this vice president's office?"

"When you leave my office, turn left and walk about fifty feet. Then turn left again and you'll see a door marked C. Sterling Vice President, Investments. I had Finance deposit your first month salary directly into your account." Do you need any walking around money right now?"

"No I should be fine. I try to keep 3 to 5 thousand in my checking account at all times, and with you depositing my first month's salary I should have close to $20,000 in my account, after taxes.

(Is all this for real? It sure is, but we can use thought speech any time you like. I'll be leaving a folder on your desk outlining what I want you to work on. If there is anything you don't understand just think it to me. Thought speech works regardless of how far apart we are. Now that we have linked you will be able to find me anytime you like. When you leave here take a look at your office. Then take the rest of the day off, it looks like you need it.)

Chloe didn't know it yet but Tom was already making plans for her to become his third wife. She quickly checked to make sure her shield was in place. She had no idea that once they had linked Tom could read her thoughts with or without her shield. In fact right now she was thinking......

(Gosh, he's so good looking, I could really go for a guy like him. Besides, he is also a telepath, shit, why am I always a dollar short and a day late?)

She walked down the hall as he had said and there was the door marked INVESTMENT DEPT. and below that C. STERLING VICE PRES. It was all true.

(He said that I have quintupled my salary, HOLY MACKERAL, if that's for real, that's

$300,000.00 a year, that's serious money.)

Tom had sectioned his mind, Chloe had access to only a portion on it, the rest was shielded, but to her, she thought she could read him completely. (He must have heard that bit about how good looking he is. I'm gonna have to be real careful around him.) At the same time, Tom was searching through her mind till he found her center for emotions. He placed a time bomb there. Her attraction for him would keep growing until her lust for him would become overwhelming. Her desire to have sex with him would be uncontrollable.

Chloe walked inside her new office. Workmen were still inside decorating. In the inner office, (her office) they were laying new forest green carpet. She asked the man who seemed to be in charge, "When will you be finished here?"

"We will be out of here late this afternoon, around 3:30 or 4:00 PM. Are you the PA or MS. Sterling?"

"I'm MS. Sterling."

"Don't you worry mam? These offices will be completed today."

"Thank you."

Chloe turned and left, she felt she was living in a dream. All the way home Chloe thought about Tom. She knew she was physically attracted to him. He was tall and solidly built, but there was something else. For some reason she felt safe around him, as though nothing bad would ever touch her again as long as he was around her. God, how she wanted him to hold her in his arms.

She could relax then, and not always be on her guard. She wondered if he was a good kisser. Then she realized she had never really kissed a man. Oh, she had kissed Burt but he was like a father. He treated her like his adopted daughter. His other two kids lived on the other side of the country. One in Phoenix the other in L.A.

Burt always made sure she was invited to dinner at least two or three times a week. Clara, his wife, insisted that Chloe call her aunt Clara and Burt, uncle Burt. In a very short time it became automatic. Even his two sons who came to visit two or three times a year with their families accepted her very quickly.

At first, they were shocked at how closely Chloe resembled their murdered sister; but after seeing their mother, who now acted like her old self, around Chloe, they and their wives accepted her as their sister and their wives as their sister in law. Chloe had healed their family. Even their children called her aunt Chloe. As far as Chloe was concerned she now had a loving family she never had before.

Tom and the rest of the security team met for lunch as was planned. Henry had a slide machine set up so he could show Tom exactly what he was talking about. His plan called for three 15 man rotating shifts. Tom never skimped on security men salaries. So getting a security job with Peterson Security was job to be sought after. Most jobs were considered very cushy. The fence line and wooded areas were to be monitored by twelve men at irregular tour times. The lawn, garden, and play areas, surrounding the house would have monitoring devices embedded in the ground. These devices would pick up the signal of all the people who belonged at the house but if the person or animal did not show up as a friend, a series of lasers fired from the roof tops would incapacitate that person or animal. Henry explained that these monitoring devices were used very successfully during the war in Vietnam against the Vietcong. The three other men were to monitor 24 TV screens showing almost all of the property. Every hour and a half one man was to take a 15 minute break, to relieve boredom, relieve himself, or get a snack. Tom was in the process of buying 57 acres of land out on Long Island. He was planning on building an estate where he could house his entire family. He had discussed his plan of an extended family with his architect and Lionel, (his architect) had come up with a design that Tom had liked. Tom had told him he wanted every wife to feel as though they were in their own home. The second floor was divided into four 3000 sq. ft. apartments. There was a central elevator to the second and third floors. On the second floor there were two apartments on each side of the elevator; which by the way was capable of carrying eight, 250 lb. persons. Each apartment had a complete kitchen. Their own dining room, living room, master bedroom, and three other bedrooms. Two of the smaller bedrooms shared a full bath room, while the third bedroom was a little larger. It had only a shower in its own bathroom. The master bedroom had a full bath room, with a steeping tub and Jacuzzi, a walk in stall shower, big enough for two. The shower head was an eleven inch round rain head. When the bather stood under it, it was as if he or she was standing in a rainstorm. The temperature was controlled electrically, which meant instant hot water for as long as you wanted. You just set the thermostat and that was what you got. The three walls surrounding the rain head held the plumbing for the rain head plus twelve spray heads that were programmable. The spray heads would go from misting to pulsing to needle spray. The vanity had two sinks and five draws each of different depths for personal items, there were two medicine cabinets. A commode and a bidet set in a privacy section with a pocket door. Lionel even allowed for a different designed bath interior if each wife so wanted.

Tom found that he liked Lionel's design. But he wanted all the apartments larger with full baths. It kept everyone in a central place and yet each family could feel separate. All his kids would know each other and could play together. Yes, he liked this design. He could see that there was room for tennis courts and an outdoor pool. By adding a heliport not too far from the house he would be able to get to the city and to his office in approximately the same time it took now and in addition beat all the traffic. The property was large enough so the sound of a helicopter taking off and landing would not bother neighbors. His office building had a heliport built on the roof. He also saw many ways to improve security by adding a panic room either in each apartment or perhaps a central one. With the addition of a full lower level he could add a theater for the kids and he and his wives. Also he could build an electronic arcade for the kids to use as they got older; put in a sauna and a steam room, and add a gym. He saw how Maggie and Dory worked out every day. Yes, he really liked this design and with the improvements he envisioned it would be perfect. He would discuss them with Lionel later.

When Chloe got home to her apartment she called Aunt Clara to tell her about her about her promotion and raise. She wanted to celebrate. Would they let her take them out to dinner tonight? Aunt Clara was thrilled about the promotion, the big raise in pay, and about going out to dinner with her tonight.

"Did you tell Uncle Burt yet?"

"No, I wanted tell my Mom first."

"Oh Chloe, I love you as if you were my own flesh and blood. Call Uncle Burt; he'll be so proud, he'll want to hear about everything directly from you. Don't forget to ask him about dinner? After that tell him to call me. I'll see you tonight darling, at dinner."

When Chloe hung up she called Uncle Burt and told him the good news. He was bursting with pride....

"Of course, we'll celebrate tonight. My god, Vice President. I knew you would go far. Good gracious, you'll be working directly with Tom. Congratulations again, by the way what time do you want to leave for dinner?"

"I'm making reservations for 7:30 tonight at the Four Seasons."

"Oh my, that's so expensive, maybe you should let me....

"Dad, I'm making $300,000.00 dollars a year."

"Oh, you're right. There was a catch in his voice so she knew he caught the word 'Dad'. Dinner's on you."

When Chloe and her adoptive parents arrived at the restaurant Chloe immediately said to the 'Maitre Di' I have a reservation under the name Sterling for three.

"Yes Ms. Sterling your table is being prepared right now; it'll be just a minute more."

At that moment in walked Tom with his two wives, Margaret and Doris. He spotted Burt and his wife and Chloe.

"Well fancy meeting you folks. Are you having dinner too?"

"Yes Tom, Chloe's celebrating her promotion."

"Ah, I understand, can we join you?"

Burt was slightly taken aback, but then said, "Sure why not."

"Better yet I have a private dining room reserved let's go there and have a real party. He turned to the 'Maitre Di' and said, "Please set it up for the six of us and bring three bottles of Moet '87."

The 'Maitre Di' snapped his fingers and a waiter appeared. He whispered something in his ear and in 30 seconds another waiter appeared and said your dining room is ready sir.

Clara was already introducing Chloe to Margaret and Doris for she knew them well. When Clara was a little girl, her father owned a neighborhood grocery in Spanish Harlem, so she grew up speaking Spanish, she was busy chattering away in Spanish. Chloe surprised them by joining in. When Clara said she didn't know Chloe spoke Spanish, Chloe said....

"I also speak French, Italian, and Portuguese. It seems because of my affinity with math, I pick up languages very easily."

Burt and Tom were talking about Chloe's promotion and her raise in pay.

"I never expected her to be made a Vice President so soon; that was a tremendous boost to her ego. She's always been so shy especially around strangers.

Tom scanned Burt quickly. He was worrying if he was jealous of Chloe's fast advancement. Burt was only worrying about Chloe being hurt in some way by failing in her job.

"You know Burt I don't think you or anyone else realizes how incredibly bright Chloe is. I have been searching for someone like her for over a year. I have interviewed at least a couple of hundred mathematicians, some were even full professors. Not one of them came even close to what Chloe did. I showed her problem in math. She not only recognized what the equation was for, but she repaired the embedded errors perfectly, and she did it in less than one minute. So, don't worry about her failing, because she's the only one for this job."

Burt's chest swelled with pride. His little girl made it to the big time.

"Gee thanks Tom, I was a little worried about her. I mean she's only in her twenties and already a Vice President. I mean... I really love her like she was my own flesh and blood. I couldn't bear seeing her hurt in any way."

"Well, don't worry; she's perfect for this job."

The rest of the dinner celebration went as smooth as glass. In fact, Chloe was so wrapped up in conversation with Doris and Margaret. She forgot to scan Tom to see what he was talking to Burt about. Tom was chatting with Burt about his assistant Bob Stewart.

"I liked that idea of his about Peterson Investments handling the retirement funds. I also liked the figures he came up with. That was your doing, wasn't it?"

"No, not really. It was all...."

"Ok, Ok, it doesn't matter. I just got a brilliant idea. It will take care of a problem that was about to come up. Do you remember Harry Makum?"

"Of course, he was my old boss."

"That's right; I forgot you worked for him."

Burt was thinking.. (Why does he do that? Tom never forgets anything. He's always 9 or 10 moves ahead before he does anything)

"Anyway, listen to this; Clara, this is for you too.... Clara, I know you want Burt to retire next year."

"Oh please don't tell me you want him to stay on."

"Clara please just listen for a minute, I guarantee you will like this. I own a plantation on Molokai we grow Molo-Pineapples. In fact that's the only place they will grow. Something to do with the soil."

perv7234
perv7234
329 Followers