The Light At The End

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Oh, Percy!" Laura held me tight in her arms. "I want a future with you too. Everything has changed since you came here. It felt like the sun coming out after a hurricane. The nightmare is slowly fading."

She looked vulnerable, but I knew better. Laura was strong. She was a fighter. And she could rock my world with just one look.

I kissed her on the lips and gave her a tight hug. Laura is the one woman that I could see myself falling in love with.

I stood up and locked the door.

"I think we are both going to be late for work today," I said with a grin.

She grinned back, "Sounds good to me."·

I slowly started to undress her, both of us never taking our eyes off each other. First, the blouse, and then the bra. Her perfect round breasts were snow white. I slowly bent and kissed them all over. Laura sucked in a deep breath every time I planted a loving kiss.

Laura started to remove the shirt I had slept in. I could feel the love in her hands when she caressed my tanned body. I slowly undid her jeans, pulling them down over her perfect ass and down her beautiful legs. Her panties were next, and, bending down, I kissed her belly all the way down until I could smell the sweetness of her wetness. I removed her panties in one sensual motion and opened her legs wide, moving down, kissing and licking her perfect mound. Laura was sighing and panting.

I moved my body up and onto her. Her hands slid down my sides, pulling my sleeping pants and boxers down in the process. My cock was hard and dripping. I couldn't wait any longer, Laura guided my cock and rubbed it along her slit getting it very wet, and then I pushed into her and inside. Her warm wet, walls, caressed my pulsing shaft until I could go no further, both us letting out little moans as I made love to her.

Laura moaned with every motion, with every loving thrust, I caressed her breasts and hips and thighs with hands that were both strong and gentle. Soon we were in a whirlpool of ecstasy as we both exploded at the same time. My thrusts became slower as the last of my release filled her.

Then we held each other, enjoying the afterglow of our love. We both needed this. I've never craved sex the way I have these past few months. I guess what they say is true. Once you find your one, you know.

Laura rested her head on my shoulder and snuggled into me. I closed my eyes and leaned into her.

"I love you, Laura," I said without really thinking. I just felt natural.

"I love you, Sir Percival. My knight in shining armor."

CHAPTER 17: LAURA

We decided to take the rest of the morning off. I leaned my head on the pillow and turned my face toward the window. The morning sun shone through the window warming my face. My hand rested in Percy's lap, our fingers locked together.

My lips curved into a smile when I felt his hand caress my hip. Percy was different from any other man I'd met before. He was sweet. He was caring. He treated me with love and respect. He was attentive, caring, and didn't leave my side unless it was for work.

With Percy everything was different. Each caress was done with feeling. Each kiss was done with the intent to show me that he was real, that we were real. These feelings were building up inside of me till they exploded this morning.

Through it all, he had been my rock.

I realized with surprise that I had fallen for him. Deeply. Madly. Truly. Funny how things like that could sneak up on you.

One day you're in hell, feeling the darkness closing around you, and then suddenly you're smitten, in love, and looking at the universe, through rose-tinted sunsets.

Then a well known, dreaded voice, burst my bubble.

"Good morning, Laura."

I turned around to face my father.

"Father, what the bloody hell are you doing here?" I jump at the sound of my father's voice. He was standing in the doorway. He looked out of place here.

"It's good to see you too, Laura. You look good," my father said. He even managed to sound sincere.

Percy was at my side, his arm draped possessively around my shoulders.

"What are you doing here, father?" I insisted.

My father cleared his throat. "I came to bury the hatchet."

"In my head?"

Aunt Molly entered the room. She looked from me to Percy and back to me. Her eyes told me this was her doing.

"Harold called me a few days ago, Laura. He asked me if I had any news from you, and I told him the truth. I'm sorry. I just wanted to let him know you were okay. I never thought he would come here," Molly explained.

"It's okay, Aunt Molly," I reassured her. "Where is my mother?"

"She couldn't come," my father said avoiding my gaze.

"Meaning she didn't want to give up her book club or her charity group. Or coming back to her birthplace is beneath her?"

"Don't talk about your mother like that," my father said, breathing heavily, and I knew my comment was spot on.

Aunt Molly stood in front of Dad and said with a firm voice, "Harold, I'll let you stay as long as you are civil to my niece and her boyfriend."

"You'll let me stay?" My father reacted. He wasn't used to people bossing around him.

I gained a new respect for Aunt Mollie. She held my father's gaze and insisted, "Yes, I'll let you stay. This is my inn, you have no say here. If you're in here, it's because I say so. Tough shit if you don't like it. You know where the door is."

Percy clapped.

I decided to help Aunt Molly, I stood beside her and faced my father. "Well, father. Why don't you say what you came here to say and leave us alone? We were happy till you arrived. If you think for a minute that you're welcome here, you're sadly mistaken." My words had a bite but I didn't care.

My father nodded in defeat, taking the empty couch next to Percy.

"Before this goes any further, I think you owe Percy an apology," I said as he sat down. He needed to know I was serious.

Percy's hand squeezed my shoulder, "It's fine, love. I don't need a half-assed apology."

My father looked at him with a sad smile on his face, he made a pause and said, "Percy, Laura is my baby. Someday you'll understand what that means, young man. I know I wasn't the best father, and I wasn't around for her, and I regret that. Someday you'll do something stupid like offer money to make what you think is a problem, go away. I hope you're the right man for Laura."

I had to give my father credit, he was putting on a great performance for Percy's sake. But I wasn't buying it. I knew my father better than Percy. He was a good lawyer. He knew how to plead his case, and he knew how to talk someone into doing what he wanted. I knew he had a secret agenda.

"I love your daughter, and I've been doing my best to make her happy." Percy's voice was too calm. I looked at him briefly and knew he was holding everything in. Then he looked into my eyes and I smiled back at him. "That is something, I can promise."

"Ever since you left, Laura, I knew I needed to get in touch with you and get our relationship back on track," my father sounded sincere. However, I believed none of it.

"Back on track? That means you say 'jump' and I ask you how high?" I asked. "Your days of trying to rule life are way over."

"I just want what's best for you. Surely you can understand that."

"You don't know what's best for me. That's the whole problem. You don't know me. You never did. You never had time for me. For the last time, father, what are you really doing here?"

"I came here to mend fences and tell you that if you want to marry this man..."

"This man has a name," I interrupted him. "You better learn it, since I hope one day he's going to be your son-in-law."

"Unfortunately..." Percy muttered under his breath.

I squeezed his hand again. I knew exactly how he was feeling.

"I imagined that. Of course, a prenup has to be signed when the time comes and your mother will help you to plan your wedding..."

I raised my hand to stop him.

"Stop it! Now I know why you are here, damage control. When Molly told you Percy was here with me, you came all the way to Middletown to make sure I wasn't going to marry him before you could protect yourself. I made it very clear that your days of ruling my life are over. IF one day, Percy and I decide to get married, what's mine will be his and what's his will be mine. Which means no prenup."

"That wouldn't be wise," my father warned me.

"Tough shit, father. You can cut me out of your will if you want to guard your precious money. Apparently, it runs in the family, doing so when a daughter falls in love with the wrong person."

Percy looked at me waiting for an explanation. I squeezed his hand and looked at Aunt Molly. Her eyes were open with surprise because she realized I knew her deepest secret.

"How did you know...?" She started to say.

"I suspected what happened some time ago," I explained to her. "I finally put the pieces together once I was here and got to spend some time with you. Everything became clear when I found myself in your situation. I always wondered why mom kept the bulk of Grandpa's fortune, while you inherit just this inn and a small-cap fund. I knew Grandpa enough to know you must have pissed him off very badly from him to do something like that. You never got married, probably holding a torch for someone you loved and couldn't have. That's what all the travels were about? Forgetting him?"

Aunt Molly nodded. She had tears running down her cheeks. "It happened a long time ago, Laura. I never cared for money. Your mother and I are very different about that amongst other things. I'm happy here in Middletown."

"If a man truly loves you, he won't have a problem with signing a prenuptial agreement," my father pressed on. "Otherwise, he's a gold digger."

Percy cleared his throat. He wanted to say something. Knowing him, this was going to be interesting.

"Mr. Lane, I'll sign a prenuptial agreement as long as you sign another agreement stipulating you won't use your money to interfere in our lives in any way. Your wife won't plan our wedding. You won't buy us a house, you won't gift us a car, or anything else above five hundred dollars without consulting with us first. That applies to our future kids too. You won't pay for a private school or the college you think they should attend.

"I'll provide for my family, not you. You and your wife will have no say in our relationship, the way we choose to live our lives or the decisions we make regarding our kids. You and your wife will be part of our lives as long as you respect that," Percy added, making me wish I could think quickly on my feet like him.

Lord, how I loved this man! He had put my father completely off balance.

My father's face was red now. No one had ever stood up to him as Percy did. "That's preposterous! You're blackmailing me, young man."

Percy gave an insolent shrug. "Take it or leave it, old man. I think our lives will be better with yours and your wife's arrogant asses out of them."

"Who do you think you are talking to? I'm Laura's father," he exclaimed.

"Then act like it!" I screamed. "Stop trying to control my life. I am an adult! I can make my own decisions for myself!"

"This was a mistake!" my father said standing up.

"Thank you, Captain Obvious!" I screamed. "Did you realize that no even once have you asked me how I was feeling or how I was dealing with the loss of my baby? Aunt Molly and Percy have been here for me. When things got rough, it was Percy who anchored down and held us afloat. Where were you, father? Where was my mother?"

"If I leave now you better forget about us, Laura..." It was an empty threat. He knew he had lost the battle.

"Promise? Because every time that you or my mother try to meddle in my life you turn everything upside down. The sad part is that you almost ruined my chance with Percy. In the worse moment of my life, when I needed him most, you pushed him away for your own selfish reasons. Thank God he loves me, because if I didn't have him right now because of what you did... I don't know what I'd do. As far as I'm concerned you and my mother are both dead to me. I've been making changes in my life and I think you need to be one of them. I'm definitely not letting my future family be a part of this madness. Goodbye father."

"Your home is in the city with us. You know you won't be able to stay away. You'll come back begging us to take you back," his tone sounded more like a plea than a threat.

"That's where you're wrong, father. You don't have anything I need or want. Percy has it all. He's my home."

My father stormed out of the inn and we all breathed out a huge sigh of relief.

Percy put his hand on my shoulder to calm me down.

"Thank you," I finally said to Aunt Molly and him, "For not backing down with my father. It meant a lot to me."

CHAPTER 18: PERCY

"I love you," I said, reassuring Laura that I was here and not going anywhere. It didn't matter how screwed up this situation was. I was in this for life.

Laura must have sensed something of this because, all of the sudden, she went down on one knee, took my hand, and said, "Let's get married."

After saying the words, Laura sucked in a nervous breath, as though she was momentarily trying to pull the question back in, fearful of the answer.

"What did you say?"

"You heard me, let's get married," Laura repeated with a nervous smile.

"Why?"

"Why not?"

"Because I think you only asked me to marry you to get back at your father. Laura, I love you, but proposing to me to defy your father is not the right thing to do."

I could see her lips tighten.

"I hear what you're saying, but I'm not a teen anymore. I'm not proposing to you because I want to piss my Dad off. My father's visit made me treasure what we have built here. It helped to open my eyes and realize what I have here with you. You are sincere, loving, and I know that you truly care for me. I want us to start a family. When I look at you, I can see myself with you, and, as much as marriage scares me, I want it."

She paused to let her words sink in. Laura realized I still had my doubts, so she continued defending her case.

"I want to marry you because we love each other and I want to spend the rest of our lives together. Now, are you going to keep me hanging, or are you going to say 'yes'?"

"You know I love you too, and I want to say yes. However, this is not the right way of doing this," I insisted.

"To hell with the right way! We've done a lot of things wrong since the beginning of our relationship and yet, here we are. What do you say? Will you marry me?"

"I say you're crazy, but I think you're right. Yes, let's get married."

We melted in a long passionate kiss.

"I love you, Laura."

"I love you too, Percy."

Molly took one of her golden rings off a finger and handed it to me. "No proposal is complete without a ring."

"Thank you, Molly, I'll get a better one tomorrow."

Molly waved my words away, "It's my gift for you, for bringing so much joy into this old maid's life."

I slipped the ring on Laura's finger, and we kissed again.

"Can I say something?" Molly asked when our lips finally broke apart.

"Of course, you can," we both said at the same time.

"I know you may have doubts, but I've watched how Laura behaves around you, Percy, and you know what I saw?"

I shook my head.

"I saw a woman who loves her man with every bone in her body. You two make me believe that it doesn't matter how you got together, but what you do once you have each other is what counts. Whatever journey you and Laura are on, it's the right one. I can see nothing but happiness for you in the future."

"Thank you," I said with a voice full of emotion.

Laura hugged Molly tightly. "You're right."

Molly gave Laura another squeeze. "I usually am. Don't forget that!"

"Thank you, Auntie."

"For what, Darling?"

"For being here for me when I needed you. For bringing Percy back into my life."

"He makes you happy, Darling. That's something I haven't seen in a very long time."

I held Laura tightly in my arms. "You are beautiful, Laura. I love your smile and sparkling eyes. I love you with every fiber of my being."

"I love you too, Sir Percival." She gave me a sassy smile and said, "We have a wedding to plan."

Oh boy!

CHAPTER 19: LAURA

For the next few weeks, butterflies flew perpetually in my stomach, and on the day of the wedding, I was so excited that I could barely contain myself.

Our relationship continued to flourish. I felt a sense of purpose and belonging that I'd never felt in my old life.

When people in Middletown knew about the wedding, they all wanted to help. They made it a town event. Everybody just responded with total love. Molly was the brains behind the entire operation which was a huge relief for me.

Percy's brother, Tom came to Middletown especially for the wedding; he brought most of Percy's belongings with him, including a tux. He was going to be Percy's best man, of course. Amanda and Joe came with him too, especially for the wedding. Percy made Joe his partner. He'll take care of business in the city while Percy works here in Middletown.

The church support group took care of the church decorations and making the centerpieces for all the tables. The flowers were cut from our neighbor's garden.

Percy's crew stepped in and helped out setting the inn for the reception. They built us the welcome doors which we walked through for the reception.

I was so overwhelmed with all the help we were receiving, I kept saying, "I'm never going to be able to truly have people understand how much this town did for our wedding."

'The Middletown Gazette' printed the invitations. I sent one to my parents, and some days later I got a letter from them.

Dear Laura,

To say that your mother and I were shocked by the news of your upcoming wedding and relocation to Middletown is a vast understatement.

Are you really going to get married to that man? Why are you doing this? Are you ruining your life to punish us? What does it take to make this nonsense stop?

We have always wanted the best for you. We gave you everything we could and set a standard of excellence for everything you set out to do.

For you to return our love and devotion with such defiance has wounded us deeply. But, you are our daughter, and we will always love you. I beg you to return home at once. I have enclosed the money for your ticket.

If you were trying to get our attention, you have succeeded. If it is a marriage you seek, there are many fine gentlemen from wonderful families who would be overjoyed to have you as their bride. Surely you know this.

If the worst has happened, and in our delayed response you have gone through with this charade, then I still urge you to come home. We know the finest lawyers and can rid you of this marriage as though it never happened. If you have been tricked into this, and your 'husband' demands a ransom, we shall pay whatever he requires.

We just want you to come home to us, whatever the cost.

Love,

Harold & Nadine

They couldn't even sign it "Mom and Dad". Oh well, I tried. I didn't bother to answer them. They were never going to understand. Their loss.

When people knew what had transpired between my dad and me, at least six men offered to walk me down the aisle, including the Mayor himself. I finally chose Tony Marino, who had lived in the inn for a long time. He had always been kind to me and had taught me some cooking secrets.

"The way to a man's heart is through his stomach," he used to say. "So be careful whom you cook for. Just kidding!"